!Arcade!'s Super Dodge Ball conversion - your impressions?

LlorensBlood

Mr. Big's Thug
Talking about ¡arcade¡ games, does anybody know the complete list of these converts and their value, more or less? There's no info on the net about it (in fact, there's no info about anything related to ¡arcade¡ and it's games)

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Post pics.

Lol, my AES collection is long gone. I bought it around the time that I bought NGF KOF 2000 carts and Zupapa so I was a little liberal on what AES carts I would buy. I also bought my Riding hero proto in the same era. Back in the day everthing was obtainable besides like Euro Kizuna, Ultimate 11 etc. Even MS1 was rather obtainable, but there were already plenty of conversions being passed off as real (even in Japan) so I avoided that particular title.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
boots should never be more than $50...
(I laugh at you for collecting these)

Even back in the day it was more respectible to buy a ganryu/strikers/PI2 kit than !Arcade! Cart. I think certain bootlegs have history and nostalgia though, so I wouldn't mind owning one of these carts again as long as the price was low. The neo -scene is crazy now. I totally would have bought a Jockey GrandPrix AES had it been at least authorized by Brezza (which unfortunately was absorbed by SNK)

LlorensBlood

Mr. Big's Thug
Thank you for your thoughts ResO. It's really weird to collect that kind of items, but I felt that these converts are pretty cool since years ago. Now I have almost all the titles but... questions like the real value of these items, are growing into my thoughts. I paid (spend?) lot of money for every title, nothing rare if we talk about common titles like ganryu or dodge ball, but serious amounts lf money for titles like both metal slug, shock troopers, nightmare in the dark or pop'n bounce. I don't want to sell anything, I have original snk AES titles and that arcadei collection, but in this last case, I'm wondering months ago if I paid for something special, if there's a little market over there (people with this same feeling with iarcadei, even if it was worth it doing that big effort collecting those converts.

I consider myself a serious collector even I'm Spanish (this is a joke hahaha) but seriously, I don't want to sell anything. In fact you won't find any item of mine for sale in the future. Just grow up my knowledge about it with your help.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I spent lot of money for every title [...] serious amounts of money for titles like both metal slug, shock troopers, nightmare in the dark or pop'n bounce. [...] I'm wondering months ago if I paid for something special, if there's a little market over there
sgqWNEc.gif

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Thank you for your thoughts ResO. It's really weird to collect that kind of items, but I felt that these converts are pretty cool since years ago. Now I have almost all the titles but... questions like the real value of these items, are growing into my thoughts. I paid (spend?) lot of money for every title, nothing rare if we talk about common titles like ganryu or dodge ball, but serious amounts lf money for titles like both metal slug, shock troopers, nightmare in the dark or pop'n bounce. I don't want to sell anything, I have original snk AES titles and that arcadei collection, but in this last case, I'm wondering months ago if I paid for something special, if there's a little market over there (people with this same feeling with iarcadei, even if it was worth it doing that big effort collecting those converts.

I consider myself a serious collector even I'm Spanish (this is a joke hahaha) but seriously, I don't want to sell anything. In fact you won't find any item of mine for sale in the future. Just grow up my knowledge about it with your help.

Hey, as long as you're happy, that's all that matters. If that means spending $400 on a conversion or bootleg that holds some sort of sentimental value to you, so be it. :)

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
From what I've seen out there this is the list of !Arcade! conversions:

Strikers 1945 Plus (confirmed)
Prehistoric Isle 2 (confirmed)
Ganryu (confirmed)
Super Dodge Ball (confirmed)

Pretty sure I've also seen these pop up before, but I'm having trouble confirming them:
Shock Troopers
Nightmare in the Dark

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
The !Arcade! conversions and others in that time period are held by most to a different standard. It wasn't nearly as frowned upon as it is - particularly as MVS carts were relatively low value and in abundance. These weren't conversions to make games less expensive (Ninja Masters, Overtop, etc) - these were popular MVS games that weren't going to be released on AES.

There are hundreds of serious neo fans who are into these carts and they are not in the same vein as something being booted today - they just aren't. To suggest they are only worth $50 is meant to be funny, I assume, because they retain their value extremely well and existing copies from 10~ years ago should not have the stigma placed today, and rightfully so.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Agreed. I have Strikers and PI 2, and the !Arcade! verions are the only conversions I'd ever consider owning. Modern boots and other crap is all garbage, but this stuff was made 15 years ago during the actual lifespan of the Neo, and they are as close to "legit" AES releases as you will ever get for those games.

Last edited:

xsq

I admit I was a little extreme, but no matter how you spin it, these are just conversions. To spend serious money on them seems even crazier to me than to throw it down on legit NGH carts. You might not encourage the saccing of more carts, but you could also just buy a converter or CMVS + legit MVS carts for the money.

Spoiler:
cebwXMH.gif

LlorensBlood

Mr. Big's Thug
I know what you mean, in fact I'm totally against current conversions, but personally I started this collection because of the "history" behind those games, a tumultuous period without new releases, thirsty people who wanted certain titles in AES version etc.

I'm glad to hear your opinions, and I understand that it can be shocked. It would be interesting to hear the opinion of another iarcadei collector. It's a matter that goes round and round in my head...

As I said, PI 2, SDB, Strikers and Ganryu are the cheapest converts in the collection...

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37004&d=1466954856

It would be embarrassing if I have to tell you the price of the rest of the carts....

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
I know what you mean, in fact I'm totally against current conversions, but personally I started this collection because of the "history" behind those games, a tumultuous period without new releases, thirsty people who wanted certain titles in AES version etc.

I'm glad to hear your opinions, and I understand that it can be shocked. It would be interesting to hear the opinion of another iarcadei collector. It's a matter that goes round and round in my head...

As I said, PI 2, SDB, Strikers and Ganryu are the cheapest converts in the collection...

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37004&d=1466954856

It would be embarrassing if I have to tell you the price of the rest of the carts....

Are those all !Arcade! conversions? I wasn't even aware that most of those existed, is that the full set or are you missing any? I'd love to know more info about these. What's the deal with the 2 Metal Slugs?

The only !Arcade! releases I have are Prehistoric Isle 2 and Strikers 1945 Plus. I'd love to pick up a Captain Tomaday too if I could ever find it, didn't even know that existed lol.

Last edited:

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
I have mixed feelings when it comes to conversion AES cart's. I personally feel that getting a conversion cart of a game that did originally release on AES is fake but getting a MVS title converted into AES format isn't so bad. I have a few conversion cart's Neo Drift Out, Bust A Move and Super Dodgeball.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
it just sucks how they have to sacrifice an aes and mvs cart to make a conversion
only if there were a way to not have to do that by using completely new parts but im sure that would be very costly.

im sure thats why people do the sacrificial job to save money i guess

xsq

only if there were a way to not have to do that by using completely new parts but im sure that would be very costly.
for someone who "collects" NGH, you know very little. There have been "organic boots" (made by the French "Atomikwave") for some time - they sell for high prices (b/c people are stupid) and are often used to scam (b/c people are stupid).

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
for someone who "collects" NGH, you know very little. There have been "organic boots" (made by the French "Atomikwave") for some time - they sell for high prices (b/c people are stupid) and are often used to scam (b/c people are stupid).

Well, i havent been collecting for that long so that may be true, i dont know that much but its always good to know more. Then again atomikwave did remind me of some guy on ngfl fb group who was trying to sell a ssvs home cart. He mentioned that the parts were made by atomikwave not snk. Dude was asking $950. Way too high for a boot