Arcade locations map

Sphere

n00b
Hey guys,

My name is Pieter and I run the website http://www.arcadeuniverse.net where I try to collect all of the worlds arcade locations. In the meantime I have collected over 400 locations worldwise but I am specifically curious to find some additional locations for Germany.

Does anyone know of arcade locations around Hamburg and Berlin?

Regards,

Pieter

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Here's some for Beijing:

大悦城 (inside Joy City shopping mall, Qingnianlu location subway line 6) - top floor

大悦城 (inside Joy City shopping mall, Xidan location subway line 1) - top floor

8-Bit (barcade, address: No.13 North Luogu Alley | 北锣鼓巷13号, phone: 134 8878 3848)

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Hey guys,

My name is Pieter and I run the website http://www.arcadeuniverse.net where I try to collect all of the worlds arcade locations. In the meantime I have collected over 400 locations worldwise but I am specifically curious to find some additional locations for Germany.

Does anyone know of arcade locations around Hamburg and Berlin?

Regards,

Pieter

Arcades are dead in Germany and have been for a long time.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Here's some besides the Barcade in Philly near me

1984 Wilmington Delaware
2511 W 4th St, Wilmington, DE 19805

Pinball Gallery Malvern, PA
Great Valley Shopping Center, 81 Lancaster Ave #20, Malvern, PA 19355

Pinball Parlour
808 Allentown Rd, Earlington, PA 18969, Telford, PA 18969

Chains
Round 1 Exton, PA
172 Exton Square Mall, Exton, PA 19341

Dave and Busters
325 N Christopher Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19106
500 W Germantown Pike #2195, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
1995 Franklin Mills Cir, Philadelphia, PA 19154

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
My area doesn't have shit...but I'm a short drive away from the Galloping Ghost and that's all I need to know...

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
My area doesn't have shit...but I'm a short drive away from the Galloping Ghost and that's all I need to know...

Don't you have Nickel City as well near by?

St. Louis has a few, but nothing I get overly excited for.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Don't you have Nickel City as well near by?

St. Louis has a few, but nothing I get overly excited for.

It seems so...but by what I can see, that place has zip on Galloping Ghost.

It's about a 2.5 hr drive for me to get to GG, so if I'm going up north, I'll be going there.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
It seems so...but by what I can see, that place has zip on Galloping Ghost.

It's about a 2.5 hr drive for me to get to GG, so if I'm going up north, I'll be going there.

Do you consider a two and a half hour drive to be short? Damn that midwest life.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Do you consider a two and a half hour drive to be short? Damn that midwest life.

I don't have much of anything where I live. The area is ok enough to support daily/weekly life...but if you want to do something even mildly interesting, you have to travel. Its slightly shorter for me to get to STL, but Chicago often offers more.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member

Damn is right, we'd be past most of NYC if we went north and almost in DC in the other direction if we went south.

Last edited:

Sphere

n00b
Thank you all for the suggestions. I will look in to them and where possible add them to the list. Feel free to keep those suggestions coming.

I don't have much of anything where I live. The area is ok enough to support daily/weekly life...but if you want to do something even mildly interesting, you have to travel. Its slightly shorter for me to get to STL, but Chicago often offers more.

I am trying to do the math here assuming STL is St Louis. I know they have a nice arcade in Springfield Missouri, I have actually been there once and I really enjoyed the place and it's on the map as well. It's called 1984. Maybe that could be a nice alternative for you?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Thank you all for the suggestions. I will look in to them and where possible add them to the list. Feel free to keep those suggestions coming.

I am trying to do the math here assuming STL is St Louis. I know they have a nice arcade in Springfield Missouri, I have actually been there once and I really enjoyed the place and it's on the map as well. It's called 1984. Maybe that could be a nice alternative for you?

There are decent arcades in St. Louis, but nothing in the United States touches Galloping Ghost. It has a ridiculous amount of arcade games plus he makes arcade cabinets for ones that didn't get an arcade release (Killer Instinct, Street Fighter V, KOF XIV, etc) It's one of those places you need to see to believe.

Springfield is another 21/2 hr drive from St Louis. I personally might check it out since I like vacationing in Springfield/Branson area.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

There are decent arcades in St. Louis, but nothing in the United States touches Galloping Ghost. It has a ridiculous amount of arcade games plus he makes arcade cabinets for ones that didn't get an arcade release (Killer Instinct, Street Fighter V, KOF XIV, etc) It's one of those places you need to see to believe.

Springfield is another 21/2 hr drive from St Louis. I personally might check it out since I like vacationing in Springfield/Branson area.

GG is that good.

$20 for unlimited play is god-like.

There may be better out there somewhere, but I haven't heard of anything yet. GG should be a mecca'ish trip for any old school arcade fan.

Sphere

n00b
Alrighty, after the last update the map now counts 424 arcades worldwide. If you have more suggestions please feel free to let me know here our submit it through the website.

Does anyone know of any good arcades in Brazil by any chance?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
GG is that good.

$20 for unlimited play is god-like.

There may be better out there somewhere, but I haven't heard of anything yet. GG should be a mecca'ish trip for any old school arcade fan.

I was just there a few days ago, pretty cool place to visit.

They really need to fix up the controls and the monitors on the games though. Some of the arcade sticks and buttons don't even work right and are obviously broken.

A lot of the monitors are missing colors or only take up a small part of the screen.

I try to go there about once a year. In any case its been like that for a while in regards to some of the monitors and controls. Recently they added a new room which adds much needed space for the location.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
OK, now I have to go to the Galloping Ghost for sure.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
In and around Denver, CO. You've got the barcades it seems so I'll skip those.

Hyperspace:
https://www.hyperspace80s.com/
Probably the best one. Flat fee for entry, open 12-12 every day, no ticket redemption bullshit. Most of the games are in good condition, large selection.

Nickel-A-Play:
https://www.facebook.com/Nickel-A-Play-141914669165622/
Any game that prints tickets is a nickel, every other game is free play. Also a cover at the door. Heavily skewed towards kids with all the plastic prizes. They have some good games but the machines are often beat to shit. Not a great place.

Dave and Buster's:
Denver: http://www.daveandbusters.com/denver
North/northwest of Denver: http://www.daveandbusters.com/westminster

Monster Mini Golf:
http://www.monsterminigolf.com/denver/

There's one at Elitch's, the local big amusement park:
https://www.elitchgardens.com/enter....extendeddirectory/474/view/games-at-the-pier
It's expensive to get in and it's not that great, but the park itself is really fun.

EDIT:
I just found this site:
http://www.aurcade.com/locations/

Pretty much the same idea as you have here.

But anyway, if you search "co" in the state box on their search field, you'll get a big list of places with arcade machines. They even tell you how many games each has and what type of place it is.

There are a bunch on that list I didn't even know about.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
They really need to fix up the controls and the monitors on the games though. Some of the arcade sticks and buttons don't even work right and are obviously broken.

A lot of the monitors are missing colors or only take up a small part of the screen.
Thermal cycles strike again.