!Arcade! converter: deals gone bad?

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Whats with the converter being in the deals gone bad section of the store? I clicked on the link, and all it says is that they may be stocked if someone like videgamedepot buys and then re-sells them? Where were the converters coming from originally if not from !Arcade!? Just wondering...

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Well they do come from Arcade. I can only assume from here, but from what Shawn wrote, it appears that he had a deal signed and ready with Arcade, but they have been unable/unwilling? to provide Shawn with the stock requested, or some other part of the deal just went sour. Read Shawn's note:

"solid deal was made, contracts were signed and received, manufacture failed to provide credible business info, and deal was broken not once but twice"

Then he speaks about VGD supplying to him, because apparently Arcade wasnt able to deal with him directly in the proper manner. Again, I am only assuming based on what I read. We will know for sure when Shawn and/or Arcade posts.

C

Caris Nautilus

I'm hungry
------------------

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited February 07, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited February 08, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited February 08, 2001).]

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH........

------------------
SAMHAINBANNA.gif

Shawn

snkusa.com
Neo-geo.com was offered exclusive distribution rights, I never even asked for the exclusivity. I did accept the deal over the phone, and the signed contracts were sent via email & FedEx to me not once, but twice. I had agreed to distribute the converters to VGD at a reasonable price. I would not be “pissed” if VGD bought the converters in quantity. This would provide a credible source to purchase the product if anyone decided to carry it.

The deal fell through because I asked for a business address so that I may inspect the facility in which I would be investing. I also asked for wire information for a business, as the personal wire info was not acceptable. Considering !Arcade! consists of well over 100 employees, from what Ray revealed, you would think my requests were reasonable. I’m simply telling the truth on the matter. Telling the truth is an extremely important virtue I have consistently maintained.

FedEx tracking #’s provided from !Arcade! for the contracts:
#8224 0805 1227
#8259 9582 3070

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by outsider:
Well they do come from Arcade. I can only assume from here, but from what Shawn wrote, it appears that he had a deal signed and ready with Arcade, but they have been unable/unwilling? to provide Shawn with the stock requested, or some other part of the deal just went sour. Read Shawn's note:

"solid deal was made, contracts were signed and received, manufacture failed to provide credible business info, and deal was broken

I decided to contact Ray Young regarding this matter (I wanted to know
what was going on), and apparently
Shawn jumped the gun before !Arcade! approved the deal. Apparently Shawn's reputation was the reason. I don't understand.... Care to comment on this Shawn? If !Arcade! is lieing, we'd like to know.
wink.gif

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited February 07, 2001).]

LastResort

King's Dry Cleaner
Who cares about all that stuff!!!
The most important thing is that the convertor works with all games.
If Shawn sells them great, if someone else
sells them ok by me. As long as the fans can benefit from it's use then you wont hear me complain.

LastResort

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by LastResort:
Who cares about all that stuff!!!
The most important thing is that the convertor works with all games.
If Shawn sells them great, if someone else
sells them ok by me. As long as the fans can benefit from it's use then you wont hear me complain.

LastResort

I agree with you, LastResort. I'm sure !Arcade! had its reasons for not selling to Shawn. Let's put it behind us and move on.
smile.gif

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Yep!!!

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

YOU DONT LIKE ME? "THEN FUCK OFF"

Shawn

snkusa.com
It’s ok NeoLord, you’re a pretty clever guy. Here’s some facts you may or may not already know.

We made a gentleman’s contract over the phone, I was given his word. “My word is my bond”, exact quote from Ray Young. Let’s not forget the fact that I was provided with signed contracts. Such action is indisputable proof that the deal was approved by !Arcade!. What gun did I jump exactly?

You were told that my reputation was the reason why he broke the deal? Amazing! The funds were to be wired before the converters were even to be made. The only party at risk here would be myself, think about it. A large, foreign transaction with someone I have never dealt with. Speaking of which, we don’t know much of anything about his reputation.

I merely requested a business address so I could send someone to inspect the facility. I wanted to confirm the existence of the room filled with home cart cases stacked to the ceiling, the 7-color printing press, the finished AES II system, and meet some of the employees. Oh ya, and see his new Lexus LX-470 and gold Rolex Submariner. Interesting how we would have near identical SUV’s and Rolex, coincidence? Naw, it’s probably fate. The fact that I was willing to sponsor a trip to verify the company’s legitimacy should solidify my dedication and sincerity of the deal in which we made. Since I was committed to purchasing large quantities of the converters, systems, and home cart conversions it is only natural to request a business address. After two days of silence, not a word through email, and none of the 100+ employees to answer the phone, I finally received an email breaking the second deal.

I feel like I was fed a lot of lip service and I wanted to confirm that what I was hearing was true. He said he could reproduce any home cart and make it better than the real thing. How I asked, did you manage to get the digital files from SNK? Yes, we have the digital files, we have been in meetings with Aruze. How many converters have you sold? Over 500. Wow, over 500, that’s pretty good for only two weeks in the neo business. No website, outside the US, $25 shipping, a few ebay listings, amazing I thought. We don’t even have 500 members on our forums.

It all sounded to good to be true. I still wanted to believe that all this was for real. I insisted that it was mandatory that the facility be visited before the funds were transferred. This is where the deal fell through of course. I honestly don’t see how this has anything to do with my reputation.

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
HHHHHMMMM this seems fishy shawn

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

YOU DONT LIKE ME? "THEN FUCK OFF"

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited February 07, 2001).]

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
asdf

[This message has been edited by Wan-Fu (edited February 07, 2001).]

Shawn

snkusa.com
Ah, clever NeoLord, you failed to delete your post fast enough for me not to reply to it.

Originally posted by NeoLord:
This is funny.. why WOULD you need a physical mailing address to buy some convertors? I have mine and its obviously real; your motive doesn't justify the ends, Shawn.

The deal was for an initial purchase of 200 converters. Once the future products were finished I was committed to stock 50 to 100 AES II systems, and as many converted home carts that could be manufactured. The deal was to buy and distribute these products for a period of 2 years. Silly me for requesting a business address.

Stop it, Shawn. There are other Neo users out there besides the ones who frequent here.

The converter was promoted on neo-geo.com by !Arcade!. I cannot think of anywhere else that !Arcade! directly promoted the converter prior to it’s listing on ebay. Correct me if I’m wrong please.

The forums of neo-geo.com have been up for 6 months, membership is FREE, and we have < 500 members. All I’m saying is that selling 500+ converters at $400 + $25 shipping in two weeks without a website is a little hard to swallow. The market is not that big, especially for a newcomer. I like to believe my experience in neo sales would give me somewhat of a knowledgeable feel for the neo market.

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

------------------
SAMHAINBANNA.gif

[This message has been edited by DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL (edited February 07, 2001).]

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
<FONT COLOR="FF0066"><H1>I AM SNK</H1></FONT>

[This message has been edited by DEVIL_GUI (edited February 08, 2001).]

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
i better keep me gob shut....

------------------
27474709.jpg

Pichai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
If I was going to buy 200 Converters at 400 bucks each..you damn right, I want to see the factory, the people, I want to see something for God sake. For all we know, Arcade! could just be a middle man for a main company in Fuku, China.

Because SNK is dead; maybe we are in hope of a new company so bad, we're hiding things from ourself.

-Pichai

K

kyoisthekof

This is ridiculous. Who would lay out that kind of money for something without some proof, without first visiting the facilities? Or without at least seeing some business credentials?

Shawn's layout isn't $400 like the rest of us. It's considerably more if he's going to be SELLING 200 of those converters.

And if it's a huge deal that he's not selling them, buy one somewhere else...

Shouldn't be such a big deal, and Shawn shouldn't have had to defend himself like that in the first place. That was about a business transaction.

Mostly likely placed in the deals gone bad to let people that frequent the store know that they should probably buy the converter somewhere else.

Right?

[This message has been edited by kyoisthekof (edited February 08, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by kyoisthekof (edited February 08, 2001).]

Shawn

snkusa.com
Attention: Caris Nautilus, DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL, NeoLord, Wan-Fu, Fran.

The forums of neo-geo.com are based on freedom of speech. Just because I am the administrator does not mean I won’t allow views to conflict with mine. I intend to support my views by providing the truth, facts, and proof. So please speak freely, unless of course everyone is an agreement with my posts.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Shawn:
Attention: Caris Nautilus, DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL, NeoLord, Wan-Fu, Fran.

The forums of neo-geo.com are based on freedom of speech. Just because I am the administrator does not mean I won’t allow views to conflict with mine. I intend to support my views by providing the truth, facts, and proof. So please speak freely, unless of course everyone is an agreement with my posts.

Its not a matter of disagreeing with you, Shawn. My point was very simple: you're cautious about spending large sums of cash on !Arcade!, but you'll spend $10,000 on NGF KOF 2K cartridges knowing their past history. (You've posted countless messages on this board complaining about Chris Ray withholding your cartridges and basically stealing your cash, but that never seems to stop you from purchasing more NGF merchandise. I haven't once seen you doubt Dion's intergity or his business). For someone who complains about them (NGF) quite often, your actions baffle us. This is the last time I'll debate this subject with you.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited February 16, 2001).]

C

Caris Nautilus

It's called the good cop, bad cop routine, That way no matter who you buy from, It's all from the same source...

Originally posted by NeoLord:
Its not a matter of disagreeing with you, Shawn. My point was very simple: you're weary
about spending large sums of cash on !Arcade!, but you willingly spend $10,000 on NGF
merchandise knowing how they mistreated you in the past (you've posted countless
messages on this board complaining about Chris Ray withholding your cartridges and
basically stealing your cash). Why don't you pay a visit to NGF headquarters? For
someone who complains about them (NGF( often, you're willingness to trust them baffles
quite a few people. This is the las time I'll debate this subject with you.