Arcade cab at your place of employment.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
thats why arcades arent as popular anymore. the younger generation are stuck on their ipads and 3ds systems. they look at arcade cabs like "what the heck is this?" unless theyre introduced to arcade cabs at a veryryoung age, they most likely wont care about cabs. thats why im hoping to get a cab or 2 this year and when I have kids, I would love to introduce them to neo geo and show them how awesome neo games are and retro gaming in general

I was at the bar last night, and at one point I was trying to explain the concept of an arcade to a 21 year old. The cabinets and concept were completely foreign to the guy. I felt old.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Calling Lemony Vengeance...

#CABZ4PYNKZ

I actually have a somewhat decent arcade that I manage and maintain at my office. I'm almost sure that corporate will do away with it though.. lots of changes have been happening lately.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I sold my friend a MKI dedicated with 1 & 2 in it. It is constantly played at his pizza shop by employees & customers waiting for orders.

It is set on Free Play to avoid an annual Amusement license and the fact he doesn't want to charge ppl anyway.

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Is that his way?

JFYI, he's not nasty at all........ Just a bit different to what I'm used to.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Is that his way?

JFYI, he's not nasty at all........ Just a bit different to what I'm used to.

that is just his way.

never said he was nasty. he's not. he is just.. well.. him.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Karou is a cool cat once you learn to operate on his wavelength. I think some people take him the wrong way, but he's a good dude.

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Thanks people..... We'll get back on track now.

I'd like to think my boss would allow the cab to be set on free play, but you know, as they say, business is business.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
jack-ziegler-don-t-get-me-wrong-ted-i-like-you-but-you-re-not-a-special-person-i-m-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg

Seriously though, I just wanted to know what was meant by Mr. Sprouts (turns out I was wrong with my guess about sweaty Mark, same difference) and not be accused of ''gagging''.

edit:yes, back on track then please! so as I may get over myself.

Last edited:

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
This is why I love these forums. We practically accuse each other of being gay fags, kick up a gay shit storm, then carry on bumming each other like nothing has happened.

Strange analogy but I'm sure you get the pic.....:D

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Thanks people..... We'll get back on track now.

I'd like to think my boss would allow the cab to be set on free play, but you know, as they say, business is business.

IDK how England is if they have amusement fees and permitting. Here in the US most State require Amusement licences for coin operated machines. You can get around that with the free play setting.

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
IDK how England is if they have amusement fees and permitting. Here in the US most State require Amusement licences for coin operated machines. You can get around that with the free play setting.

Dunno bud TBH! But I'd get round it one way or other. ;)

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I saw one person try to use it as if it had a touchscreen. Another time someone used both sticks as if it were a tank. I ended up getting rid of both of them.

Lol. I've seen a lot of people just use both sticks and have no idea what the hell they're doing.

Seriously? a touch screen? That's just sad.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
You should definitely try it... if there was a cab where I work, I wouldn't do much on my breaks except play it ;)
But I work in a library, so there will never be a cab nearby ^^

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
I wanted a cab in my office when I was in the oil game. Now I'm becoming a math science teacher and people are shocked when I say I want an arcade machine in my classroom. These machines were not just games to me. Arcades were our social gatherings, we had unwritten rules, and those who could play ruled the arcade.

I love arcade history , the technological aspect , the social aspect , fine motor skills. Etc. maybe I'm more passionate than most. But an arcade cab is sooooo much more than a game.

Thoughts on a cab in a classroom? I'm going to teach grade 4-6 math and science.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I wanted a cab in my office when I was in the oil game. Now I'm becoming a math science teacher and people are shocked when I say I want an arcade machine in my classroom. These machines were not just games to me. Arcades were our social gatherings, we had unwritten rules, and those who could play ruled the arcade.

I love arcade history , the technological aspect , the social aspect , fine motor skills. Etc. maybe I'm more passionate than most. But an arcade cab is sooooo much more than a game.

Thoughts on a cab in a classroom? I'm going to teach grade 4-6 math and science.

If you can get away with it, do it. Puzzle games should fit the role I'd think.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I agree with skate, would be a thing education wise also. But I guess you have to be careful what games you put into the cab, political correctness could be a problem with some of the games, especially in school (aside from racial stuff: big breasts/sexualization etc. - Magical Drop for exapmle).

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I've been talking about getting a big red for the tattoo shop for a while now. I think it would go over well. Just waiting for the right cab to go up for sale in austin.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I was at the bar last night, and at one point I was trying to explain the concept of an arcade to a 21 year old. The cabinets and concept were completely foreign to the guy. I felt old.

damn, that sucks! that 21 year old is missing out

That's not why.

Please don't.

why not keep retro gaming alive? its something I would like to share and pass down to my young ones

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent

that would be awesome but wouldnt that distract the kids?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
why not keep retro gaming alive? its something I would like to share and pass down to my young ones

You'd be a terrible spokesman, and forcing yesteryear down a different generation's throat doesn't keep anything alive.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
You'd be a terrible spokesman, and forcing yesteryear down a different generation's throat doesn't keep anything alive.

who is this guy? a yeti or caveman? if you even just watch tv they advertise dave and busters as far as ''keeping the dream alive'' I think its covered. maybe not for ''retro'' but as much complaining as you see about prices, thats fine.

for just your own kids? well get a cab for the rumpus room and don't make it your man cave and they'll be fine?