arachnoid-octopus-WTF-slug

Yamazaki_RJ

Overtop Pathfinder
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: arachnoid-octopus-WTF-slug

dmhawkmoon said:
You can't properly compare a fighting game to a shooter. Metal Slug doesn't need different attributes to the characters to be good. The way it controls is perfect as it is and I'm glad they don't touch it.

C'mon... Even Sunset Riders have diferences between characters.

Maybe put some strong diferences to each char in a next MS will bring new life to a always good shooter (putting MS4 out).

I agreed with Fran.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: arachnoid-octopus-WTF-slug

Yamazaki_RJ said:
C'mon... Even Sunset Riders have diferences between characters.

Maybe put some strong diferences to each char in a next MS will bring new life to a always good shooter (putting MS4 out).

I agreed with Fran.

I really think that the way it controls now is perfect and I doubt I'd play it as anyone but the traditional guy if they made speed differences and such. MS is my favorite shooter series ever.

Yamazaki_RJ

Overtop Pathfinder
Ok...

It's always dangerous when Playmore decides to mess with old SNK's standard gameplay, after all... :)

But we never will know, until they try. :)

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Re: Re: Re: Re: arachnoid-octopus-WTF-slug

Fran said:
:rolleyes:

hello,my mvs loving friend

of course,in 4 you had nadia and that other idiot

i'm not fucking stupid

the sprites are different yes,but gameplay-wise they're all the same

thats rather tragic in my humble opinion,
specially after 5 sequels

whats the point in having 4 characters if they all share the same weapons,they all jump in the same way,they're all equally fast etc etc etc

it's like making a kof with 84532704 fighters

only to give em the same specials,dms and basic moves

Hi, pleased to see you again, I hope you stay for long...

Anyway you are right, all the characters are basically the same, I agree there could have some different thing between them...

By the way, wasn't there a new slide move in MS5?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm sick of people saying something sucks before they even play it. "I hear" doesn't quite cut it, Fran. So why not either give us a link of where you "heard", or play it and tell us, or shut up? Thanks.

Spike

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
I'm sick of people saying something sucks before they even play it. "I hear" doesn't quite cut it, Fran. So why not either give us a link of where you "heard", or play it and tell us, or shut up? Thanks.

Spike

awwww,so what i said irks you eh?
i couldnt care less,robocop

about half of your posts are about moaning,
so i cant take you seriously

you can fuck off for all i care,you're not even a priest

and if that wasnt enough,
i am sure you think you're a top kof player
cos you can pull off the cho reppa dan

look,just ignore my posts

thats what i do with yours,yeah?

Thanks

Fran

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Fran said:
awwww,so what i said irks you eh?
i couldnt care less,robocop

about half of your posts are about moaning,
so i cant take you seriously

you can fuck off for all i care,you're not even a priest

and if that wasnt enough,
i am sure you think you're a top kof player
cos you can pull off the cho reppa dan

look,just ignore my posts

thats what i do with yours,yeah?

Thanks

Fran

You get so angry so fast.
Easeeeee up italia.
Why don't you instead just answer Spikes question?

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:
You get so angry so fast.
Easeeeee up italia.
Why don't you instead just answer Spikes question?

look who's talking now...mr i never argue

answers?

look,he just wrote that cos he cant stand me

99 % of the people posting on this site dont have a damn clue about the neo and its games

now,thats something rather disturbing

not the fact that i wrote:
i heard slug 5 isnt that good

i read what some geezer wrote about it,
i have seen the videos

aint that enough?

what should i say to him then
he's always talking about kof and he's probably a crappy player

come on now

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Listen, I typed that because you have no clue what you're saying. "I heard" that you're an idiot. Does that make it so? Maybe. "I heard" doesn't hold a great deal of water with me.

So how about this. I'm getting this tomorrow for sure. I will give my opinions, as unbiased as I can, and it should be much better than what somebody had heard about it.

I'm doing what I can to get info out there for the community, not just talking trash to be shocking.

Spike

EDIT: ask those that have played me about my skills in KOF... but that's getting off topic.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
caaaaalm down
slug 5 is just a *gaaaaaaaaaame*

no need to get angry for a game

relax~

btw i like on a certain way that characters are the same, this way i can play female characters without any penalty (such as low firepower). A lil difference between the 2 boys and the 2 girls would have been nice but it s fine the way it is (2 players can play 2 girls without one beeing disadvantaged in a way).

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
Listen, I typed that because you have no clue what you're saying. "I heard" that you're an idiot. Does that make it so? Maybe. "I heard" doesn't hold a great deal of water with me.

So how about this. I'm getting this tomorrow for sure. I will give my opinions, as unbiased as I can, and it should be much better than what somebody had heard about it.

I'm doing what I can to get info out there for the community, not just talking trash to be shocking.

Spike

EDIT: ask those that have played me about my skills in KOF... but that's getting off topic.

look...you got it all wrong,trust me
i genuinely hope slug 5 will be good,because i'm buying the home cart in february and i'm a neo fanboy

but the other day i read a review by mister "i dont remember his name" where he was saying game is alright but nothing special

AND a good friend of mine bought the mvs a couple days ago and told me the same thing

now,dont get upset with me if you have bought the kit and dont want to read negative things about your precious new game

come on,your first post wasnt really that necessary

then i replied like i replied because i tend to lose my temper quite easily :glee:

if i ever come to america,we'll play kof for sure

talking about kof...98 in particular...extra or advance?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
getting more off topic. Advance all the way. Yes, you show your hand by going into power up, but you also don't leave yourself open for charging the super bar... plus, rolling is easier for me.

Spike

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
advanced or extra, hah,

" posted March 01, 2002 08:32 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lol
sorry man

if you play kof and use extra

you're a beginner

and you CANT win

start using advanced NOW !
"

Fran said:
99 % of the people posting on this site dont have a damn clue about the neo and its games

now,thats something rather disturbing

I've been on the sidelines watching the arguments bounce around but now that I read this, I mean Fran, WTF? You base this on what?:very_ang:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
MS4 is overall slightly better than MS1, 2 and X in my opinion.

People just rank it below those games because of nostalgia and shits like that.
If MS4 had been released instead of MS2 and vice versa, people would bitch about how bad the MS2 you all love is.

TriShield

Host for Orochi
Re: Re: arachnoid-octopus-WTF-slug

Fran said:
a new slug is just a new slug

i'm amazed the 4 heroes are still the bloody same after 5 sequels...

I agree, and a new Slug is not a bad thing (yet).

The best part about MS4 (besides the great music) was the two new heroes introduced. I'm getting tired of playing the same ones over and over again, and I'm saddened they did not carry over to MS5.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Stifu said:
MS4 is overall slightly better than MS1, 2 and X in my opinion.

People just rank it below those games because of nostalgia and shits like that.
If MS4 had been released instead of MS2 and vice versa, people would bitch about how bad the MS2 you all love is.

To a degree, I agree. I liked MS2 a lot, but the slowdown was killing me. You have to keep in mind many of the people on here (well, a lot, I'm sure) may not have even played MS2 on an actual Neo Geo or arcade. So what did they play on? An emu... an emu that runs it much better than the Neo can.

So, that *may* be why people like MS2 more than they maybe should. I think it's great, if it wasn't for the slowdown.

My favs go as such:

MS3
MSX
MS1
MS2
MS4

I HATED four. It just had no heart... no soul. There was something mising. It just seemed to be thrown together from past games. Very cut and paste. I can't really explain it, but I got board playing very quickly.

No other Slug made me feel that way. I think the game just slugs, to be honest. Not just because it's in the series of a great line of games, but in general. I think many shooters are better than 4. Contras, Gunstar Heroes, Ranger X.

Spike

Sklabah

Another Striker
My local Round Table Pizza has Slug 4, so I finally got to play it.

I'd heard it blows. I played it. I disagree.

However, I won't buy the cart at this time. Not worth $250, IMO.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Sklabah said:
My local Round Table Pizza has Slug 4, so I finally got to play it.

I'd heard it blows. I played it. I disagree.

However, I won't buy the cart at this time. Not worth $250, IMO.

It uses mostly everything from the previous games. The bosses have no heart. I just feel that it was slapped together. I have nothing against the new characters, but I wish they would have added them instead of took two away. While the dual machine guns is cool, there's no angle when you shoot... what I mean is you cannot spread your shot like a normal machine gun. Sometimes I would hit up a couple of times while shooting to get a spread. Then again, I guess the guns are the exact same in 5. Oh well, most guns can't be shot like that, so I guess it's forgivable.

4 is still the worst in the series, to me.
Spike

5thlion5thlion

Bead Banger
Re: Re: Re: arachnoid-octopus-WTF-slug

Electroman said:
Yea, probably from a cynic, I hope... :oh_no:

Anyway some people here would complain even if their dream game was released on NEO anyway.

u are so right my friend

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
While the dual machine guns is cool, there's no angle when you shoot...
I agree, that's annoying.
It's actually the same in MS2, when you have a machine gun and are fat... But they fixed that in MSX.