Anyone work(ed) at a bank who can give me some advice?

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I have what's called a "teller assessment" tomorrow at a bank I am going to be hired at. I guess they have to give me some tests to make sure I'm not an idiot. Does anyone know what I should prepare myself for? The job is really important to me and I don't want to be thrown off-guard by this.

PUNJABEE

Banned
dmhawkmoon said:
I have what's called a "teller assessment" tomorrow at a bank I am going to be hired at. I guess they have to give me some tests to make sure I'm not an idiot. Does anyone know what I should prepare myself for? The job is really important to me and I don't want to be thrown off-guard by this.

It will most likely be a money counting test and will center on speed (how fast you count bills) and accuracy. You'll get fake transactions similar to word problems. "Mr Lennox brings in 2 checks for 2000 total and 3 100 dollar bills. He deposits the checks and asks for $50 cash back" etc etc.

At least that's how the last one I took was, but it was over 5 years ago, things may have changed.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
man this hot chick at the bank across the street from where i work started flirting with me lately... i mean i know it's off topic, but it involves banks and tellers at least.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
man this hot chick at the bank across the street from where i work started flirting with me lately... i mean i know it's off topic, but it involves banks and tellers at least.

Put a deposit on her.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Shiggityputz said:
It will most likely be a money counting test and will center on speed (how fast you count bills) and accuracy. You'll get fake transactions similar to word problems. "Mr Lennox brings in 2 checks for 2000 total and 3 100 dollar bills. He deposits the checks and asks for $50 cash back" etc etc.

At least that's how the last one I took was, but it was over 5 years ago, things may have changed.

Well that would be great news because I am exceptionally fast and accurate at counting bills. I used to count out tills and a safe at a former job.