Anyone watching the new Conan O'Brien Show?

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Seems to be about the same as his old show, which is not a bad thing. I like having Andy Richter back as his side kick, I always thought the show was missing something after he left and its good to see him back.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
yep that was pretty good, more of the same.. but it was the only late night show I liked so its welcome.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Much like his old show, kept the band minus Max and has Andy back which is a good thing. I will be interested to see how the ratings play out in that time slot.

Retro2DGamer

Crossed Swords Squire
Loved how in the teaser for the second episode, Conan said it was just gonna be a rerun of the first one.

aria

Former Moderator
Loved how in the teaser for the second episode, Conan said it was just gonna be a rerun of the first one.

My favorite episode preview/review gag was the first episode of the Clerks cartoon.

0:35 here:

aria

Former Moderator

My favorite episode preview/review gag was the first episode of the Clerks cartoon.

I can't figure out how to make the video embed link to a specific time, but I can get the regular URL to, so just click here to jump to the joke at 0:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2talMZz34xg#t=00m35s

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Seth Rogen was pretty funny. That girl from Glee didn't get any reaction from the audience. Was sort of sad....

His intro. was great. "You want me to move to 12:05?!?!"

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Seth Rogen was pretty funny. That girl from Glee didn't get any reaction from the audience. Was sort of sad....

His intro. was great. "You want me to move to 12:05?!?!"

Seth was hit and miss for me and I'm told that the chick from Glee is a major annoying bitch so she got what she deserved. Looks like tonight is a better guest line up

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
i dont have cable but been checking out some highlights on the web , funny first show but can he keep it up?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

The best was Arrested Development. The "On the next episode of Arrested Development..."

It was the best part of the show. Half of the time, the scenes were never part of future episodes.

Instead of using that time to sell the next episode, they just exploited running gags.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
I don't usually watch live TV as of late unless it's something on HBO, but I caught this last night and it was pretty damn good. The spots TBS are running for him are pretty funny as well. Hope he keeps up the ratings, he deserves them.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I managed to DL the first episode, and I really liked it a lot. Conan is a funny motherfucker, what can I say.

I'll definitely keep watching the show regularly when I get a chance. Here's hoping it lasts longer than the last one...

P.S. No Max Weinberg? Damn, that sucks.

WeinerDogSunglasses

Ghost of Captain Kidd
15 Year Member
P.S. No Max Weinberg? Damn, that sucks.

Not sure if you've read up on this like I did when I heard he wasn't there, but I guess he was having major heart trouble and had to have a valve repaired. No ill will or anything between the two, it was purely a move for Max's health.

subcons

Not sure if you've read up on this like I did when I heard he wasn't there, but I guess he was having major heart trouble and had to have a valve repaired. No ill will or anything between the two, it was purely a move for Max's health.

Yeah, I read that as well. He also said in an interview that him and his family never left New Jersey which is their home, so that was another reason he gave for not making the move with him.

Andy is back though, so it sort of evens out.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue

Yeah, I read that as well. He also said in an interview that him and his family never left New Jersey which is their home, so that was another reason he gave for not making the move with him.

Andy is back though, so it sort of evens out.

Damn, I didn't know that. Shit.

Well. It's not like the rest of the band sucks or anything... It just would have been nice to have Max there too. Oh well. Stuff was bound to be left behind — come to think of it, I'm amazed they managed to keep so much intact.

subcons

Damn, I didn't know that. Shit.

Well. It's not like the rest of the band sucks or anything... It just would have been nice to have Max there too. Oh well. Stuff was bound to be left behind — come to think of it, I'm amazed they managed to keep so much intact.

Yeah, Conan even brought all the writing staff with him as well. So it's basically the Late Night Show fully intact with another name and a reskinning.

I think he'll flourish on TBS because he can be even edgier than he was on NBC and he can target his core audience. I loved the skit last night where he was discussing what was acceptable on the station... "the old Tokyo sandblaster." :lol:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Yeah, Conan even brought all the writing staff with him as well. So it's basically the Late Night Show fully intact with another name and a reskinning.

I think he'll flourish on TBS because he can be even edgier than he was on NBC and he can target his core audience. I loved the skit last night where he was discussing what was acceptable on the station... "the old Tokyo sandblaster." :lol:

Yea, he cracked himself up with that one. You could tell the standards and practices guy hasn't watched the show much. The rest of us knew immediately what was coming with the leather pants.

Tom Hanks was a good sport. There are a lot of actors who wouldn't agree to be dosed with a bucket of water like that.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Don't have cable, but a nice lad was streaming it on justin.tv. So far so good. Feels like he's right back into the swing of things. And the opening with the six mobsters and tommy guns was priceless as was Conan's reaction.

Good to have Coco back.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Thanks to the over 4 million people who watched my TBS debut last night. And the 5 million others who tried to find TBS.

lol

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
i keep missing the 10pm (central) timeslot. Lucky thing they replay it at 12.

its funny shit (still) and i'll watch when i remember to turn it on.