Anyone try one of these SCART to Component Converters?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don't know, but given the look and the seller, it's probably the exact same as the Atlona/CYM transcoders that they have been selling for a couple of years. I've got an Atona and it works great, but I had to add some audio jacks to it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
From what I've heard they work, just make sure you put pots on the RGB lines if it's for a supergun.

Avenger

n00b
As a followup question to this, is there a way to convert SCART to VGA? I was thinking abt converting to component but then I thought that VGA would be better since all my monitors have a VGA input. I see some cables are available on ebay. Is that all that is needed or does there have to be some kind of conversion box in between the SCART and VGA connections?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You need a conversion box. You can use either a SCART to VGA converter or an RGB to VGA but you would probably have to mod something.

Avenger

n00b
You need a conversion box. You can use either a SCART to VGA converter or an RGB to VGA but you would probably have to mod something.

Any idea where to find one? The only things I hit on searches on google and ebay are SCART to VGA cables which I don't think will do the trick in order to connect to a normal PC monitor's VGA port.