Anyone try different noise canceling headphones?

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Its getting loud at work and looking to buy myself a good pair. a quick google search shows bose quiet comfort 15 as the best.

I prefer a better noise canceling effect and don't mind a degradation of sound fidelity.

i would also prefer to pick them up in a store and not online.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I went to a Bose store in Williamsburg once. Acted like a potentialy buyer just so I could try all the cool shit out. Really mindblowing how amazing the noice canceling effect is.

Pricey, but if I had the coin...

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/vic-firth-sih1-isolation-headphones/443954000000000

i use this vic firth model when a club gig gets way too noisey. cheap and effective.. if you are looking for ear buds, then this is not for you- but for a work envoirnment where its noisey these would be perfect. also as a bonus they are cheap so if something happens, you are not out too much. my drummer wears a set too at gigs so he can hear backing tracks from behind his kit. so yeah, they definitley dapmen sound.

you can get them at guitar center or just about any music store.

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I've played with Beats by Dre, its like damn wizadry how the noise canceling works. Expensive, but absolutely amazing.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I've played with Beats by Dre, its like damn wizadry how the noise canceling works. Expensive, but absolutely amazing.

So, those are actually good headphones? I just thought they were like Dre's version of Skull Candy.

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
beats by dre are garbage in every aspect.

Bose has good sound cancelling, but very poor sound/music quality.

If you are not against earbuds, some noise isolating in-ear monitors give you the best isolation, and excellent sound quality (etymotic, shure are good brands).
Some full size closed headphones can give pretty decent isolation as well, though not as good as in-ears. I have and like the beyerdynamic DT1350. Sennheiser HD25-1-ii are also a good bet (these are both on-the-ear, not over-the-ear, but still have quite good isolation).

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
I own a pair of the Bose QC15 and I absolutely love them. Not only is the noise cancelling awesome, but the sound quality is amazing. I am not a Bose fan by any means, but I will have to give Bose credit for a great pair of headphones.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
dont care what type of headphones they are. but earbuds worry me cause they are easy to lose or just go missing.
i dont want to spend a bunch of money but i expect its one of those things that you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, these headphones are great.

I played some Sonic Youth and all I heard was silence.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
beats by dre are garbage in every aspect.

Bose has good sound cancelling, but very poor sound/music quality.

If you are not against earbuds, some noise isolating in-ear monitors give you the best isolation, and excellent sound quality (etymotic, shure are good brands).
Some full size closed headphones can give pretty decent isolation as well, though not as good as in-ears. I have and like the beyerdynamic DT1350. Sennheiser HD25-1-ii are also a good bet (these are both on-the-ear, not over-the-ear, but still have quite good isolation).

This man speaks the truth. Bose is overpriced junk. I wouldn't buy their stuff in a million years, unless the noise canceling is the only thing you care about at all. Even then you can get it elsewhere.

I'd go with the Sennheisers myself. I've used their headphones for years and never been disappointed.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
can you imagine this thread happening in real life?

Ed: "Beats by Dre is awesome"

noob: "No, they're garbage. In EVERY aspect."

i mean, can you just imagine how awkward it would get

i'd have to take my shirt off and wave it just to kill that tension

they probably would never stand next to each other

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I'm not gonna lie, 'Sage. There's plenty of snobbery in the audiophile world.

(I still say Bose stinks though.)

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I picked up a pair of Sennheiser 380HD Pro's, and the audio is fantastic, but I also use them for 'gaming peace' because of the noise cancelling. I played through the new Deus Ex with them on for complete immersion; they're definitely worth checking out, and they've gone down in price now to about 115$.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
can you imagine this thread happening in real life?

Ed: "Beats by Dre is awesome"

noob: "No, they're garbage. In EVERY aspect."

i mean, can you just imagine how awkward it would get

i'd have to take my shirt off and wave it just to kill that tension

they probably would never stand next to each other

I enjoyed my experience with beats. I'd never pay the price, but I enjoyed them.
Some Chinese student here sold me his Senheisser's for 35 bucks. They're pretty awesome so far