Anyone Recommend any Easy Fighters for someone new to them?

corbo 2

Genjuro's Frog
As the title suggests.Are there any Neo fighters out there that are very easy to get into?

I'm buying a second controller so my mates can play and i'm trying to find some 2p goodness which should be fun :)

So are there like any 'easy' fighters' to get into on the Neo?

Personally i find KOF abit tough for someone new to playing them..well that's my opinion but feel free to comment.Another thing i'll be buying a Bios so i can enable pratice modes on my MVS which helps.

Many Thanks,Corbo

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Well easy would depend on the skill that the other player has and how easy they are going to take it on the n00b.

MOTW is easy to get into but hard to master....same with KOF.

Me personally though I would go with either Last Blade or a Samurai Shodown.....either 2, 3, or V.

slerch666

updyke,
Why not start with a Fatal Fury? Not a whole lot more in there than special moves; it's about as simple as it gets.

World Heroes is "easy" as well, though I don't know that I'd actually recommend anyone actually PLAY the WH games. If you weren't a fan back in the day, it's really hard to enjoy WH.

Waku Waku 7 is pretty simple, though you still have power meters and super specials and the like. All the "super specials" are done using the regular special motions, but use 2 punches/2 kicks instead of one to execute. They also use one power meter to use. There are other moves, the doki doki moves and so on, but you can win the game and have a damn good time just using the specials and super specials. If you play the single player game, all of the moves are given to you on the chara select screen.

If you want "easy" difficulty when playing the CPU, just turn the difficulty down :D

And once you're comfortable with you skills, check out the best figthers the system has to offer: Last Blade and Last Blade 2.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
nha~ just change your game softdips difficulty to level 1.
at level 1 even my 12yo sister could finish a kof game.

:)

slerch666

updyke,
BarfHappy said:
nha~ just change your game softdips difficulty to level 1.
at level 1 even my 12yo sister could finish a kof game.

:)
I think he meant "simple" and not "easy." KOF's nuances aren't what I would calle "simple," what with guards, rolls, and all those other features not found in the grand daddy of all fighters, SFII. SFII was simple. Maybe not "easy" but definitely simple in terms of the fighting engine.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Most SNK games made in 96 and above are easy.

I wouldn't recommend the Sam Sho series (well, at least 1-3) for novices.

But you could very well play something like Real Bout, KOF 96-2k2, MOTW, Last Blade, etc.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
hmm i didn t find kof94 a complex fighter...
maybe because i played fatal fury 1,2 and SF2 before that is...

if the meaning of easy to get into is concerning gameplay complexity then get a fatal fury 2 or world heroes :)

sorry for misunderstanding the easy thing ^^

slerch666

updyke,
BarfHappy said:
hmm i didn t find kof94 a complex fighter...
maybe because i played fatal fury 1,2 and SF2 before that is...

if the meaning of easy to get into is concerning gameplay complexity then get a fatal fury 2 or world heroes :)

sorry for misunderstanding the easy thing ^^
I know exactly what you're saying. Had I never played a fighting game and picked up something like Last Blade, a newer KOF or GG XX, I think I'd be screwed. When you look at what the gameplay involves, those games aren't what could be defined as "simple." SF, FF, WH... now those are "simple" by today's standards.

corbo 2

Genjuro's Frog
Thanks for some input people.

The people that are playing DO play games but not may have ever played fighters before.

I think MOTW and Last Blade games seem alright.I found Samurai Shodown kinda hard,personally i thought it was a brilliant game but i just couldn't get the hang of it.BUT i think it's a good way to get the hang of it via 2p mode maybe.

I always wondered about Fatal Fury and the Real Bout games,i've never played one so i don't know have a clue how it plays.Real Bout's looks awesome.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Real Bouts are great for beginners IMO, and are super fun games. Personally I'd try RBS - awesome game.