Anyone playing the new DDR on the 360?

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
It's a really good version of DDR if you can look past the weird quest mode. Tons of songs and downloadable songs to boot. Online play. Really tough challenge mode that proves who's great at the game and who isn't. Right now I'm way out in the lead on the gamerscore leaderboards with 900/1000 achievements. I believe I'm the first to have cleared the level six challenges. I never got this into DDR, but the online community is making me an addict.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
How is the song selection? After playing the newer ones that were available on the PS2, I was really missing the awesome selections that games like DDR Konamix and 5th Mix had. :(

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
oldschool said:
How is the song selection? After playing the newer ones that were available on the PS2, I was really missing the awesome selections that games like DDR Konamix and 5th Mix had. :(
I don't think we'll ever see quality song lets like 5th and 4th+ ever again.

TheBigBB

It's DDR Universe.

The song selection is pretty good; there are tons of songs and you can download more as time goes on. There's a Castlevania mix in there and a lot of genres represented. However, I haven't played many other DDRs. I just know it's better than the first couple by a mile.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I suppose it costs live points to DL new songs?

TheBigBB

GregN. said:
I suppose it costs live points to DL new songs?

Yeah it costs 800 points to download a 10 song pack right now. A few of them are really good songs. You have like 70 something songs without it anyway though, once you unlock them all.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
How does the pad connect? I assume the bundle probably comes with a USB pad or something. Any idea if a Red Octane USB pad would work with it? Or has someone come up with an Xbox->360 converter?

It would really suck to be stuck with the Konami pad, IMO.