anyone play scurge: hive?

beatifik

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
so....?

i'm looking at Gameoz or Eldios or one of you other big tymers that seem to buy all the new DS games when they come out.

i'm probably gonna wait 'til this one hits the bargain bin, but is there any reason to buy it once it gets there? i've read the mediocre reviews. not too good.

however, i've watched some gameplay videos and it seems that as soon as you get used to the isometric view and the controls the game actually looks really fun, albeit in that cheesy-saturday-morning-anime sorta way.

what's the verdict guys.

thanks.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
beatifik said:
so....?

i'm looking at Gameoz or Eldios or one of you other big tymers that seem to buy all the new DS games when they come out.

i'm probably gonna wait 'til this one hits the bargain bin, but is there any reason to buy it once it gets there? i've read the mediocre reviews. not too good.

however, i've watched some gameplay videos and it seems that as soon as you get used to the isometric view and the controls the game actually looks really fun, albeit in that cheesy-saturday-morning-anime sorta way.

what's the verdict guys.

thanks.

I had a hard time finding this game when it first came out as it seemed like only Walmart (not any near me though) carried it. However, last week EB finally got it in and I picked it up. I will have to play more of it to really say if it is worth it or not. I enjoyed what I played of it but with the newer 360 games getting released, I put it down and haven't played much DS.

The reviews have been decent for this game and I agree for the most part what they have said. I think it looks and plays well, the shooting can be a little hit and miss though. It does have kind of a Metroid feel to it (although different perspective) but of course it is not Metroid.

Maybe I will play some more tonight, I think it was worth $30 but if enough copies were made, I am sure you will see this for $20 or less after the holidays.

Edit:I just spent another hour playing this. I would give it a 6/10. I would wait for a price drop.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
playing the GBA one now and it is slick.

Downloaded and tried out the DS version out of curiosity....and I'd rather have the GBA version personally.

Either way....slick so far

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
playing the GBA one now and it is slick.

Downloaded and tried out the DS version out of curiosity....and I'd rather have the GBA version personally.

Either way....slick so far

I read that the GBA version is a little better for some reason. I only have the DS version, so I don't know what the differences are though.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Gameoz said:
I read that the GBA version is a little better for some reason. I only have the DS version, so I don't know what the differences are though.

Supposedly the DS version lost some frames of animation or something odd... The developers (I can't remember who) deny that supposed fact though.

I'm too lazy to find out the truth myself...

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I bought the GBA version of it.

I hate to say it, but I gotta give this one a thumbs down. The control feels kinda loose and sloppy, and the enemies aren't particularly exciting to fight.

Overall, it seems like a mediocre cross between Metroid: Fusion and Tron 2.0: Killer App.

To it's credit, the dialogue art is nice looking though. And at $19.99 (and cheaper) in most stores, it's already practically a budget title. Just don't set your expectations too high if you decide to pick it up.