Anyone here seeing linus tech tips getting absolutely wrecked?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Assuming the employee that left is telling the truth about what went on there, then it comes across as a really shitty place to work.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Assuming the employee that left is telling the truth about what went on there, then it comes across as a really shitty place to work.
One of the more well-known guys corroborated, at least at a high level.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Isn't this the channel that had the fat guy decide he's a fat gal?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
im gonna guess this is overblown and just people trying to pile on and virtue signal. It's like when a comedian gets too big, everyone pretends they never liked them. All of sudden everyone has always found Linus annoying and "i never really watch their stuff anyways".
sure... yur cool.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
The test is who didn't know who any of these people were and also built a computer in the last ten years.

It's not drama I'm going to follow. The main point I took from it is there's lack of rigor in their work because they're trying to maintain a schedule of 100 uploads a week.

I mean I've built several computers (6?) in the last decade but have never watched more than a couple of minutes of any of their videos. Like I said, he seemed like kind of a douche and I generally don't watch much personality-based content on YT. Basically, anyone who has the Surprise Anal Youtube face in their thumbnails gets summarily ignored.

Reactions: wyo

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
look IDIOTS, just buy his fucking water bottle, okay?
I think I saw somewhere they have a screw driver also...

EDIT: found it...$70 for a driver...

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
look IDIOTS, just buy his fucking water bottle, okay?
giphy.gif

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
You probably shouldn't let your kids watch that guy.
Haha, agreed. I meant "the kids" as in the young'uns these days. I found out about it from this Youtube recommendation:

And then after watching this somewhat entertaining and informative video, Youtube continued to recommend this channel to me. At which point I tried one video, and requested that Youtube stop recommending that channel.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Something in the water in America. Monkey see, monkey do.

BeefJerky

Actual Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I was gonna keep my mouth shut, but Jesus fucking Christ, stop giving Youtubers your time and attention. Even if you're just bitching about them on here.

Skimming this thread makes me feel like a normal, well-adjusted person.

Spoiler:
I am not a normal, well-adjusted person.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I'm an avid watcher of LTT and Gamers Nexus (I even enjoy that Jayztwocents guy). If I really need a serious review, I'm going to watch Steve on Gamers Nexus. There's defintely humor, but his testing is a mostly straight forward no bullshit approach. Linus tech tips (and all the other sister channels) is pure entertainment, click bait videos, that have only some educational value.

I like some of the things LTT is trying to do, but they are rushing to quickly. The whole LTT Labs seems like a project that if you throw enough money at it, it should work. But maybe they should have made the database and the testing protocols before just saying they're going to be the new RTINGS and dump a boatload of money with little to show. The LMG person I enjoyed watching the most hasn't been in many videos after coming out as transgender. No I haven't bought any LTT products. Nalgene bottles are cheaper. Their new backpack is just an expensive airplane carryon. I want to tryout the LTT screwdriver though.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I was gonna keep my mouth shut, but Jesus fucking Christ, stop giving Youtubers your time and attention. Even if you're just bitching about them on here.

Skimming this thread makes me feel like a normal, well-adjusted person.

Spoiler:
I am not a normal, well-adjusted person.
I deleted YouTube from my phone and Google cast thing last week. I was spending way too much time on there. I'm slowly trying to do other things with my time like riding my bike and actually playing games I buy.

TBF, if you cut the cord, like I did, YouTube starts to get to know you and what you like to watch. They are constantly curating what shows up in Recommended for you and, it makes it hard to stop watching.

I've never heard of Linus Tech Tips but, I have heard of Chris Gould (for sumo content), Team APS (because they're hilarious), etc. But, hey, I don't pay for cable or any streaming services so, I guess that's a bonus?

Jon

BeefJerky

Actual Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I deleted YouTube from my phone and Google cast thing last week. I was spending way too much time on there. I'm slowly trying to do other things with my time like riding my bike and actually playing games I buy.

TBF, if you cut the cord, like I did, YouTube starts to get to know you and what you like to watch. They are constantly curating what shows up in Recommended for you and, it makes it hard to stop watching.

I've never heard of Linus Tech Tips but, I have heard of Chris Gould (for sumo content), Team APS (because they're hilarious), etc. But, hey, I don't pay for cable or any streaming services so, I guess that's a bonus?

Jon

Yooooooo!

Good on you for cutting the cord. Bike rides are awesome if you happen to live somewhere where you're not likely to get run down by an aggressive and/or distracted driver. I do at the moment and it sucks.

Never been too big on Youtube aside from the occasional bits of concert footage of smalltime bands pre-2010, or more recently, help with math or physics homework. Every fucking platform has those "recommended for you" algorithms these days so there's really no escape from them. They're designed to keep people sucked in. At least you're making an attempt to get away from it and do things that aren't doom scrolling and gluing yourself to your phone like a zombie.

Never heard of Linus either and this thread makes me glad I haven't. Keep going on bike rides.

Beef