Anyone here know where to get real Absenthe

FrostbayneAucti

Tung's Hair Stylist
I know some people started making real absenthe (With wormwood in it.) Anyone know where to get it?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Versynthe (a weak facsimile) is sold over here at some of our classier booze vending shitholes.

But alas, the sweet, deadly ingredient of fermented wormwood comes in a pretty negligible amount with Versynthe. Definitely not enough to make the "green fairy" come out lolz.

FrostbayneAucti

Tung's Hair Stylist
That sucks. The whole point of absenthe is that it's like a mix of both, an upper and a downer, so you feel the effects of alcohol and the loss of inhibitions, but you don't get tired.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
my buddy bought 15 bottles of the shit in switzerland and smuggled it all back here. he was selling it for a while but now he keeps it. but the best way to get absinthe is simple. the czech republic has no qualms with selling it to the US on a direct to consumer basis. and the US has no qualms with it in shipping as long as there's no intent to do anything more than collect it. my buddy jim knows a website where he buys it direct from the czechs but i couldn't remember it for the life of me. i just remembered i liked the taste and that i didn't want anything else to drink after a bit of that.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Or jager bombs.

Itll all kill your heart eventually.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You have to buy it from outside the United States you dolt.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
my buddy bought 15 bottles of the shit in switzerland and smuggled it all back here. he was selling it for a while but now he keeps it. but the best way to get absinthe is simple. the czech republic has no qualms with selling it to the US on a direct to consumer basis. and the US has no qualms with it in shipping as long as there's no intent to do anything more than collect it. my buddy jim knows a website where he buys it direct from the czechs but i couldn't remember it for the life of me. i just remembered i liked the taste and that i didn't want anything else to drink after a bit of that.

funny you say that

the first time I heard about absinthe was in Prague

I guess Kafka was big into it (Kafka spent some time in Prague)

I took one shot and it was really nasty

take a spoon of sugar, heat it up with a lighter, when it melts stir into the shot, slam it down, and if you don't puke your brains out, smoke a few fags to kill the taste (I left that open for hecker's amusement)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
roker said:
I took one shot and it was really nasty

take a spoon of sugar, heat it up with a lighter, when it melts stir into the shot, slam it down, and if you don't puke your brains out, smoke a few fags to kill the taste (I left that open for hecker's amusement)

I didn't think it was gross tasting so much as it was just high in alcohol content.

There are some pretty tasty drinks you can make from absinth and other liquors. I cant remember the names of any of them at the moment though.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
I didn't think it was gross tasting so much as it was just high in alcohol content.

There are some pretty tasty drinks you can make from absinth and other liquors. I cant remember the names of any of them at the moment though.

you have to keep in mind, I was high as kite 24/7 when I was in Europe

I'm pretty sure I didn't have a conversation with a rabid squirrel that day also