Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Yes. Not a great pic but fuck yes. Still trying to track down the kit with the train car etc.

One of the only toys I'll keep forever.

My new phones camera is a piece of garbage, and I don't have any clean areas to set him up at the moment, so I snapped a quick pic with him on my cluttered desk. Hoping to pick up the expansion set eventually, though that will end up costing more than the actual figure did.

@ NeuroticMoose Also I want to get that big O diecast sometime as I have the Roger Smith figma. I still need to get the Dorothy figma as well.

Yeah I already have Roger and Dorothy so this was the last real thing from the figures they made from around the time when the show was originally airing that I needed, still need to grab the expansion parts set for the Chogokin, but I'm gonna be patient and find a good price like I did with this one.

I also recently ordered a Tetsujin 28 Chogokin from the same line as the Big-O off of an estate sale website I've been browsing recently, and that should be getting here any day now

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
No, but you can easily mod it to put a shelf higher.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ikea-detolf-modification-1-adding-additional-shelves.423114/

How long have you had the Zangief ordered?

Yeah the shipping price does suck. Unfortunately our postal system is ran by groids and thus they probably need to insure it for full value (most of these figures are $400++, sometimes more in the second hand sale if people missed the pre-orders). Additionally these figures are made of polystone and thus way more brittle than standard pvc figures. With that said it is still overpriced but thought I would explain why a figure might cost more to ship than traditional shit.

Riperoni for me as I have pop culture shock figures Cammy Shadaloo and Battle outfit Chun Li on preorder. April-June for Cammy and Christmas if no delays for Chun Li. Hopefully Majoras Mask comes out this year as they re-did the sculpt. Below is what I have preorder'd atm.

View attachment 48225

Zangief has been over a year maybe 2. The thing that sucks is that I have two them on order. I was told shipping wasn't going to cost no more then $50. Thwn they end up moving to east coast so thwy jacked uo the shipping price.

I still don't get how it comes to $100 for a 1/4 statue. I have 1:1 life size bust and they never cost me more then $80.

Man I regret not ordering that chun li. I was torn, should have got all three.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
weird_dude.jpg

Anybody recognize who this guy is or what toy line he's from? I got him yesterday, in a small paper lunch bag full of random "creepy dudes" figures that I bought from a local thrift store, but I'm drawing a complete blank on his identity. He's roughly the same scale/style as the original 3-3/4" G.I.JOE figures (he doesn't have their "swivel-arm-battle-grip" elbow/biceps joints though, but he does have wrist joints, which vintage JOEs lack, and he's got a swivel waist instead of the G.I.JOE rubber O-ring). There isn't any copyright date or company name molded on the body anywhere that I can find (just "L" and "R" codes to designate which sides of his body the limbs go on during assembly at the factory), but, if I had to guess, I'd say he's probably from the 80s or 90s. He's got a translucent yellow-orange body through which you can see his blackened rib cage and arm/leg bones, which is pretty cool. While it's possible that he's just from some cheap/generic toy line, he does seem like better quality than that to me, so, I'd speculate that he was made by one of the bigger toy companies and I'm just not familiar with whatever franchise/property he belongs to.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I watched the Star Wars episode of Netflix's The Toys that Made Us. It's amazing. Everyone in here should watch it.

Anybody recognize who this guy is or what toy line he's from?

Looks like a bastard child of MicroMan and GI Joe.

EDIT:

Super deformed Temjin:
40e60fb6-c719-47a0-9e5d-3e00d2dcd6c0.jpg

Last edited:

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Yeah I was gonna say he does resemble microman a bit, I'm gonna do some googling

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Sweet, many thanks! I definitely never heard of, or saw, anything from that toy line until now, and it looks like he's a more recent release than I guessed too. It's good to know that I am now the proud owner of a zombie biker named Hamburger Brain. Kind of weird that he's got the see-through body with the scorched bones inside though--maybe he's a radioactive zombie? In my mind, a zombie biker, being essentially mindless, would probably just fall off his bike, or, if he did get it going, drive it straight into a brick wall or something, but it's still a cool concept for a toy line.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Everyone was doing zombies not too long ago, even Nerf had a line of "Zombie apocalypse" guns. Apparently that line of motorbike toys had several non-zombie related releases, and were probably just jumping on the zombie bandwagon

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
My Detolfs came in last night...Fuck i hate Ikea installation bullshit. Its like legos for adults but not fun at all.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Some of this Evenfall stuff is pretty koll, too bad that I slept on it and the second hand prices are pretty high:
serveimage

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Some of this Evenfall stuff is pretty koll, too bad that I slept on it and the second hand prices are pretty high:
serveimage

I have that, it's dope as fuck and huge.

Wish the boots weren't molded tho. Makes it hard to articulate a decent stance.

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
I'm thinking about getting the Metroid Prime 3 Figma. It's really not that different from the Other M Figma, but it's Metroid, so...

dbe9d5f9e636ba09d30e17a04bcc6030.jpg

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I'm thinking about getting the Metroid Prime 3 Figma. It's really not that different from the Other M Figma, but it's Metroid, so...

dbe9d5f9e636ba09d30e17a04bcc6030.jpg

Sup fakeXsound! It's another solid release from figma, but if you already have the Other M figma, I wouldn't really bother unless you are hardcore fan of the prime series specifically or just really want both variations for the novelty.

Are you planning to pick up the 1/4 scale varia suit statue being released by F4F later this year? The led version is looking pretty damn nice.

vs_exc_vertical_03.jpg

fake

15 Year Member
Nah, I've never been into statue stuff because of the price / space. But F4F do great work.

I just remember the GamePro line of action figures and the Samus one looking incredibly fugly.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Recently got a Lupin III figure used off Amiami, and it looks like customs had their way with the package: unnamed.jpg
26855133_10209665868718186_1665669452_o.jpg
26940479_10209665870198223_156595481_n.jpg

I mean, I figure it was customs because of that telltale hole that goes all the way through the box, which was clearly made with intent (I'm not sure who's ordering drugs from Japan that would make them check a box from a toy seller) This never used to happen and like the thread we recently had about Customs getting uncharacteristically brutal on our packages asses as of late it's made me kind of rethink importing high priced items anymore, this is the third time it's happened in the space of 6 months versus my track record of about a year ago when this never happened. Thankfully the only thing damaged have been the boxes and my figures have been safe, but it's still upsetting. (also sorry for the shitty pictures, I need to stop taking pics with this stupid phone)

Fingers crossed my recent purchase of the newly painted Bandai Big-O arrives safely later this month

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
I mean, I figure it was customs because of that telltale hole that goes all the way through the box, which was clearly made with intent (I'm not sure who's ordering drugs from Japan that would make them check a box from a toy seller) This never used to happen and like the thread we recently had about Customs getting uncharacteristically brutal on our packages asses as of late it's made me kind of rethink importing high priced items anymore, this is the third time it's happened in the space of 6 months versus my track record of about a year ago when this never happened. Thankfully the only thing damaged have been the boxes and my figures have been safe, but it's still upsetting. (also sorry for the shitty pictures, I need to stop taking pics with this stupid phone)

Fingers crossed my recent purchase of the newly painted Bandai Big-O arrives safely later this month

Uhg. They really should have to reimburse you for any damaged items. Do they not have x-ray machines that show it's an anime character and not a brick of coke? I don't even know what would be coming from Japan. Doesn't most of this stuff come from South American and the Middle East?

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Uhg. They really should have to reimburse you for any damaged items. Do they not have x-ray machines that show it's an anime character and not a brick of coke? I don't even know what would be coming from Japan. Doesn't most of this stuff come from South American and the Middle East?

I mean, this started with my Super Action statue of Nobunaga from Drifters, and I shrugged and chalked it up to bad luck, then it happened again with my Figma of Ulala from Space Channel 5, and now this. I also received a pretty badly damaged box for a Scryed Kazuma Second Form figure, but the shipping box seemed to be in good condition so maybe the seller just rated box condition poorly, in light of these issues with my shipping packages arriving looking like somebody stomped on them though I'm not so sure there wasn't some nonsense going on at customs. I also usually don't spend the extra ten bucks it would cost to get the packages insured, so it leaves me with little recourse in situations like this, but like I said, I hadn't had any problems like this before a couple months ago, and now it's become a fairly frequent occurrence. Just wanted to throw that out there if anyone else is importing figures, that it may be time to start making sure your packages are insured, or to get your stuff from a local seller.

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
Finally got the invoice for shipping for my Zangief statue! i paid almost a year and half ago in full...Now im getting fucked by shipping cost, how the fuck is a statue going to cost $96 to ship in the US. Never had experience with a company that will take your money in full & not let you know how much shipping cost will be. Also not know when it will be shipped out. No refunds either.

Im hearing that some fuckers ordered some statue back in 2014 & are overjoyed/gladly pay the $180 shipping... These doll fuckers are fucked in the head.

*edit*

Are those Detolf shelf adjustable? Ill probably pick a couple of them up to display some of my figures, hopefully the Gief statue will fit...I doubt it though.
Did they ship your Gief statue?

And, is it the Pop Culture Shock Zangief statue? I would love to get me one of those.