Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I went to one of those "collectibles" stores that is literally just a storehouse of shit that the owners bought from the local china plate hoarding old lady.

You know the type. Wall to wall bullshit that your grandma would have in the back yard shed.

Anyway - I found these two jackasses for $40 total. Plus a slew of other tiny bots that I dont think are actual Transformers, but knockoffs (those'll go to my 6 year old nephew).

Power Master Prime came with all of his guns and even his head, which is surprising. I lost the head as a kid when I had him, and my mom made me throw away the guns when I pleaded her to get it for me lol. I just texted her this pic and told her IM KEEPING THE GUNS THIS TIME OLD LADY.

Honestly the dude is complete and well used, but not broken in any truly noticeable way. The locking mechanism where you plug in HiQ (got two of em!) doesnt lock anymore, and HiQ will pop out if left in there, but who cares. This guys gonna be displayed in bot form anyway.

Perceptor is incomplete as you can tell, but he's got his scope, and that'll work for me.

powermaster.jpg

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I went to one of those "collectibles" stores that is literally just a storehouse of shit that the owners bought from the local china plate hoarding old lady.

You know the type. Wall to wall bullshit that your grandma would have in the back yard shed.

Anyway - I found these two jackasses for $40 total. Plus a slew of other tiny bots that I dont think are actual Transformers, but knockoffs (those'll go to my 6 year old nephew).

Power Master Prime came with all of his guns and even his head, which is surprising. I lost the head as a kid when I had him, and my mom made me throw away the guns when I pleaded her to get it for me lol. I just texted her this pic and told her IM KEEPING THE GUNS THIS TIME OLD LADY.

Honestly the dude is complete and well used, but not broken in any truly noticeable way. The locking mechanism where you plug in HiQ (got two of em!) doesnt lock anymore, and HiQ will pop out if left in there, but who cares. This guys gonna be displayed in bot form anyway.

Perceptor is incomplete as you can tell, but he's got his scope, and that'll work for me.

View attachment 70268
So what do you see the character as power master optimus prime or god ginrai.Still i had that toy when i was a kid but looking at it now definitely it's a block of plastic combine with the trailer.I think it's time hasbro has the toy remade for the legacy toy line.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Got a new coomer figure from dragons crown. Still wondering how that bra stays on defying gravity. Kinda surprised this the only figure of the beast tamer. At the moment I have quite a few figures from that series since it is one of my favorites. Megahouse Amazon/Sorceress/Elf, chibi amazon, and Orchid Seed Sorceress. Wallscroll in the back is amazon and sorceress wallscroll is somewhere else.

I think I'll pick up the ps4 version to replay it again since its been quite some time. The co-op is pretty good especially when you get to ULT difficulty.

View attachment 70217View attachment 70219
pretty terrible paintjob, look at those golden highlights around the thighs

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So what do you see the character as power master optimus prime or god ginrai.Still i had that toy when i was a kid but looking at it now definitely it's a block of plastic combine with the trailer.I think it's time hasbro has the toy remade for the legacy toy line.
Yeah even then it wasn't really the best toy. I bought this one just for the nostalgia and for the collection.

Im from the US so he's power master prime to me.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
The god ginrai figure was actually quite different, and better

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
pretty terrible paintjob, look at those golden highlights around the thighs
I see what you mean. The second pictures with her abs is heavily exposed due to shitty lighting and camera. Looks much better in person. My only complaint about the resin statue is the face as the body is pretty solid. Good pose, pretty big (almost 12 inches), and great anatomy with muscle definition. The face paint could've been done better as that part is pvc, the body is polystone. All in all Q-six did a good job on a character that has no other merchandise. Most of their shit is poopoo quality.

In any case this is a figure that looks great in person kinda meh in pictures.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

They did a few years back. The US one was terrible but the Takara God Jinrai was pretty cool other than the sunken in chest.

c05h9yqatph41.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don't usually get into that kind of goobery but Powermaster Prime has a special place in my heart and I grabbed it. The truck is kinda meh but the bot is awesome. There was an aftermarket upgrade for the cab to make it more like the original toy and I hate that I didn't grab it when I had the chance.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
They did a few years back. The US one was terrible but the Takara God Jinrai was pretty cool other than the sunken in chest.

c05h9yqatph41.jpg
Damn i didn't know it does look better compare to the g1 original.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

c05h9yqatph41.jpg
Not to be that guy, but that's Super Ginrai. God Ginrai is when you add the God Bomber trailer to Super Ginrai and get this:

LG-EX-God-Ginrai-22.jpg

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
That's still one of my all-time favorite figures. The first one I got way back when didn't have instructions, so I couldn't figure out how to get HiQ out of his grill. I didn't realize there was a release mechanism. I almost broke it trying to rip HiQ out of there, and that's probably the same reason your locking mechanism is busted.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Not to be that guy, but that's Super Ginrai. God Ginrai is when you add the God Bomber trailer to Super Ginrai and get this:

I was thinking it had the extra God Ginrai bits in the box but a quick search tells me they sold that separately as God Bomber. I'm probably confusing it with that Powermaster Prime TRU rerelease that had it included but I left them in the box.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
I got a tin robot toy for Christmas. It has a crank on the bottom and will kinda wobble around on the ground if you wind it up.

Attachments

• PXL_20231225_140034722.jpg
    PXL_20231225_140034722.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
I hope everybody had a merry Christmas!

Got my Storm Collectibles Geese Howard and Rasetsumaru over the holidays, among other goodies.

04DBEBC3-45C3-469E-A79E-A9E21874BB32.jpeg

AA505805-25C3-45FD-8E45-88402C934F2C.jpeg
5E1ECB8A-2260-4F7C-964B-CC07EB99CCFA.jpeg

3C09DF64-BD78-461C-A655-C030146DE2C8.jpeg

C871DD16-DE98-4AE5-86D3-108B688C9906.jpeg

And a group shot with the other Neo-Geo figures I got.

24053906-E4DD-49E3-8FE7-E9B2A71383CF.jpeg

Attachments

• 5CD25EEF-8D0F-4EBB-84D1-BD62A4F086ED.jpeg
    5CD25EEF-8D0F-4EBB-84D1-BD62A4F086ED.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9