Anyone here bad ass at Syougi?

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I'm working on a small side project, Master of Syougi for NGPC. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to test to help me beat the CPU, as it's kicking my ass after a few characters in. Save States between opponents, etc. would be great too. It's a small game, so it will help me get back into things with the bigger titles I'm trying to work on.

Syougi is Japanese Chess (Phone kept correcting to Cheese lol).

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
I played Syougi exactly 4 times in my life. Once with my best friend and 3x with a cute Japanese girl I was trying to hook up with. Got my ass beat 4 times. That was the end of my Syougi career.

GL on your search. I'm in California. Ima ask around.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I enjoy playing it on the neo every once in a while. I can consistently beat all 4 of the CPU competitors, although the 4th guy usually kicks my ass 2 or 3 times before I finally beat him. His laughing gets on my nerves. I like the music in the game. Love to watch the credits roll. Very fun & challenging game.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Thanks to both of you, I'm editing the script now, the issue is just that I don't want to release a patch, if the game is missing dialogue, there's no way to patch an "always win" cheat into it. I tried, lol.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I enjoyed the NGPC version a lot, although except for the first two all opponents are hard as hell. At least that's how I perceived them.