Anyone have any details on the New DS?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Rumor has it Nintendo is making another DS - what have you heard?

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
And it's not coming out until sales of the DS Lite start to drop, which means a year or two.. :scratch:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Just that it's thinner and no GBA slot.

What? Why?

The GBA slot is awesome.

It better have like 40 hours of battery life like the NGPC in order for me to even justify making a new DS Lite purchase. I'm already on my 3rd (Sold off DS Phat, Sold off white DS Lite to get the pink DS Lite)

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Shit, I'm still using my OG launch DS. It's pretty dinged up, but works like a charm.

I was expecting a new DS revision, actually. After all those GBA revs, this is no surprise at all.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
No analog sticks to play Super Mario 64 DS and Super Mario Kart DS alot easier? :(

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
That won't work, the games would have to be programmed to accept analog control in the first place.

It would feel as awkward as using a dualshock's analog stick to play a 2d fighter on the PS2.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
Just that it's thinner and no GBA slot.

I also heard that they were looking at using larger screens. Even that both would be touch capable. Sounds like BS to me. Larger screens would make the games look worse, and dual touch screens would be useless unless you had games specifically made for it (games would then not function on the older models). Personally, I think Nintendo won't be making any real revisions for sometime, and if they do, it'll probably be something like the GBA Micro (a lame revision to bloster sales before a new handheld drops).

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
I remember hearing that the two screens would be very close together, and that the gba compatibility would be dropped all together. I really wish they'd add the gb/gbc support back, and let me map my buttons so I could use y/b instead of b/a. I always wished I could have mapped l/r to the face of the system for kof or sf2tr.