Anyone going to see Resident Evil this weekend?

Shingo Hibiki

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I'm going to see the RE movie on Saturday. I doubt it will have much to do with the games, or really be scary, but I am a big sucker for action movies. Is anyone else here going to see it this weekend?

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I was looking forward to it, but then I saw the preview. That scene where they show the lady executing a spinning kick on the zombie dog by rebounding off the wall...REALLY changed my mind. :mad:

Still, tell us how it was after you see it. :)

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I just saw it and thought it was pretty good. I'm not going to give anything away about it except it was strangly lacking of zombies(dont worry about the dogs, thats just 3 minutes of the movie anyway)

Ducky

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
It looks awful. I'm just staying far far away from it. It's barely even a zombie movie. It's probably just another Tom Raider.

C

Caris Nautilus

I just got back from it as well a few hours ago.

Definetly just had BAD previews, like DIY said, the zombie dogs are just like a 5 minute section of the movie.

I hope it has a good opening so the sequel will get greenlighted, because I think the 2nd film will be way better (claire redfield and stars are supposed to be in it).

From the interviews with Paul Anderson, he said this film was a prequal to all the games, so it's more like the first instance of the T-Virus breaking out.

IMO they should go with the RE 2 storyline in the next film, maybe have the opening of the film have Chris at the house, and then have something happen to him, and then fast forward to Jill coming into town looking for him (skipping the first game as a movie).

Or they could just go staright to the Code Veronica story, which would be a kick ass movie.

[ March 15, 2002: Message edited by: Drift King EX ]</p>

CHRiZ-77

Gal Ageise's Demon
I´ll go to the "Sneak-Preview" in a cinema not far away from me, maybe next week!!! :)

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Originally posted by Drift King EX:
<strong>I just got back from it as well a few hours ago.

Definetly just had BAD previews, like DIY said, the zombie dogs are just like a 5 minute section of the movie.

I hope it has a good opening so the sequel will get greenlighted, because I think the 2nd film will be way better (claire redfield and stars are supposed to be in it).</strong><hr></blockquote>

**Spoilers**

It was funny, I went with a group of horror movie fans and video gamers. The video gamers loved it, especially the scenes that were like the video game(the train for example). The horror fans had no idea what was going on for most of the movie(i.e. Tyrant? I guess it was just a brief set up for RE2?), but liked it anyway and I acctually caught them saying it would make a cool videogame. By lack of zombies I am ofcourse comparing it to the game. I just don't see why this movie got bad reviews other then the fact that it was full of gore(buckets). I'm definitly going to buy this on DVD.

Over all, I think everyone liked it, and it was a sold out show too, what about at your theater DK?

[ March 15, 2002: Message edited by: DIY ]</p>

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by DIY:
<strong>

**Spoilers**

It was funny, I went with a group of horror movie fans and video gamers. The video gamers loved it, especially the scenes that were like the video game(the train for example). The horror fans had no idea what was going on for most of the movie(i.e. Tyrant? I guess it was just a brief set up for RE2?), but liked it anyway and I acctually caught them saying it would make a cool videogame. By lack of zombies I am ofcourse comparing it to the game. I just don't see why this movie got bad reviews other then the fact that it was full of gore(buckets). I'm definitly going to buy this on DVD.

Over all, I think everyone liked it, and it was a sold out show too, what about at your theater DK?

[ March 15, 2002: Message edited by: DIY ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

I went to an 8 o clock show, and it was very crowded. Funny enough I saw a lot of kids in there that didn't look old enough for rated R, must have snuck in. Everyone that went with me to see Mortal Kombat back in the day (which is the same director strangly) went to see this with me too. We all play all the games as well.

I just wanna see the s.t.a.r.s kick ass in the next movie.

I also just found out that The House of the Dead movie starts shooting later this year, that should rule if they do it cool.

As long as they do it in a mansion, and not try to do something whack.

I'm predicting the opening for RE at 17-20 million, at least 15 million i'm hoping.

[ March 16, 2002: Message edited by: Drift King EX ]</p>

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Originally posted by Drift King EX:
<strong>

I went to an 8 o clock show, and it was very crowded. Funny enough I saw a lot of kids in there that didn't look old enough for rated R, must have snuck in. Everyone that went with me to see Mortal Kombat back in the day (which is the same director strangly) went to see this with me too. We all play all the games as well.

I just wanna see the s.t.a.r.s kick ass in the next movie.

[ March 15, 2002: Message edited by: Drift King EX ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah, there were alot of under aged kids at my showing too. The funny thing is that the custodian almost didnt let me and my friends in(i'm 17, but most of them are 16). I really only think the reason the movie was R was because of Jovovichs tit and cunt showing(never mind the ultraviolence).

Yeah, a RE movie with s.t.a.r.s. would be kick ass.