Anyone excited for the new Castlevania?

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I am. The DS Castlevanias are fun as fuck, I don't care what anyone says.

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
I am. The DS Castlevanias are fun as fuck, I don't care what anyone says.

yeah. I loved the first one on DS, the second was fun but seemed a little slapped together. I'm glad to see the effort they've put into this new one. I'll pick this up day one for sure.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I'm pretty excited for it. Any new CV title is an event for me, and this one is supposedly quite a bit harder than the last two. I have no problems with that.

And...it supposedly has some characteristics of Simon's Quest. I've been hoping for an update of Simon's Quest for a long time, so I suppose this will have to do for the time being.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I will definitely get Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for the DS when it comes out. :cool:

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I will probably pick this up. I loved the first one and thought the second one was okay but I didn't enjoy it enough to play through it.

On a semi related note, I really wish that Konami would let Double Jump make the strategy guides to these games. Their guide to the first DS game was fantastic.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Tell you the truth, after Super Castlevania IV (SNES), I'm no longer interested to play them anymore.....(even though I keep buying them:rolleyes:)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
.....(even though I keep buying them:rolleyes:)

YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM

My personal, futile boycott continues.

I'll just keep my disses to the war room thread, i don't wanna be a dick or anything about it

lordtut

Kuroko's Training Dummy
i like the ds Castlevanias i got burnt out on the gba ones thought about giving them up.
played the hell out of the first one for gba played then played a little of the 2nd one and said f**k it.
i liked Portrait of Ruin mainly do to the switching characters kinda like CV3 & the 2 on screen characters.

ever since Symphony of the Night with the adding of the weapons they have had a hard time adding them in with a Belmont since the Belmont clan only uses the vampire killer whip.
worked for the older systems with less power & memory.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
The second GBA one wasn't that great. The third one was the best though, it's a shame you quit without playing it. Aria of Sorrow is actually my favorite, beating out Symphony of the Night (I just enjoy the system much more). Dawn of Sorrow wasn't bad, not as good I think as Aria, but it had the best secondary mode of all time, a classic shout out to Castlevania 3, letting you switch characters between three key characters.

I'm very much looking forward to this Castlevania game. It seems to be much more in line with Aria of Sorrow. Refining each little bit of the game, keeping a classic atmosphere and dropping the anime look, and best of all, not trying to force unnatural touch screen stuff.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
i like the ds Castlevanias i got burnt out on the gba ones thought about giving them up.
I played all 3 GBA games as they came out and enjoyed them, then recently tried to play all 3 in a row, and realized how kind of bland and repetitious the metroidvania formula feels to me now, which is what lead to me deciding to pass on the DS Castlevanias. None of the GBA Metroidvanias have the quality of level design or pacing that allows SotN to work as well as it does, imo.

Now, I have more fun with the linear classic-style Castlevanias like Chronicles for PSX or the recent psp Rondo remake. No backtracking. No leveling-up bullshit. No RPG bullshit like endlessly fighting a certain monster over and over hoping to get a special sword or something. Just straight-up Castlevania with a whip. I'd love to see some new CV games of that kind.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Am I the only one who thought Harmony was the best out of the GBA games?

lordtut

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Now, I have more fun with the linear classic-style Castlevanias like Chronicles for PSX or the recent psp Rondo remake. No backtracking. No leveling-up bullshit. No RPG bullshit like endlessly fighting a certain monster over and over hoping to get a special sword or something. Just straight-up Castlevania with a whip. I'd love to see some new CV games of that kind.

i'm into rpgs so the leveling wasn't a problem but yes i would would like to see a nonleveling Castlevania.
SOTN had richter & maria unlockables to play strait threw.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
i'm into rpgs so the leveling wasn't a problem but yes i would would like to see a nonleveling Castlevania.
SOTN had richter & maria unlockables to play strait threw.
I burned out on RPGs back in the mid-'90s. Sometimes I just want to play a game. Go from A to B, jump over shit, maybe whip some shit. Something that takes skill and timing. Sometimes I don't want to repeat the same rooms over and over for hours just to make my character strong enough to take on a boss character. Sometimes I want a boss fight to be about skill rather than about how long I've been playing and what level my character is at.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Sorry for enjoying leveling up and getting more powerful throughout a game.

geez

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Sorry for enjoying leveling up and getting more powerful throughout a game.

geez
Did I ask you to change your tastes? No. Did I tell you you were wrong for having your own preference? No. Did I say the metroidvanias suck? No.

All I did was point out something that I, myself, am bored with. That's all. Hopefully, I'm still allowed to have my own preference, too.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Did I ask you to change your tastes? No. Did I tell you you were wrong for having your own preference? No. Did I say the metroidvanias suck? No.

All I did was point out something that I, myself, am bored with. That's all. Hopefully, I'm still allowed to have my own preference, too.

Fair enough. I guess I'm just in the minority when it comes to enjoying the rpg elements I suppose.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Fair enough. I guess I'm just in the minority when it comes to enjoying the rpg elements I suppose.
Actually, I think you're in the majority, which is why they keep making them, and I felt the need to speak out.

lordtut

Kuroko's Training Dummy
you could always cheat.
yeah yeah beat the game with your own skill
BUT what if you DID beat it and want said weapon/item without hours of enemy 2 800 times or play some character you can't normaly play as.
cheats aren't just for gaming slackers they DO add something to some games & you don't have to over kill with codes.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
IGN gave this a 9/10.

I will probably pick this up later this week.