Anyone ever think of using one of these for TATE setup?

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I've been wanting to play Raiden Fighters Aces (and Raiden IV after today) in TATE mode, and I have a spare monitor laying around. Instead of looking around for a good rotating LCD, I could just use what I have and hook the 360 up to it via a VGA cable..

LINK

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Last edited:
I hear that common TN panels look fubar when you TATE them, but in general that's a good idea. The result will all be in the quality of panel you have.

I think there are cheaper alternatives out there too.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I have a decent LCD that I use as a secondary monitor for my PC, so I thought I could use that. The only funky thing is that I think it's 16:10, not 16:9, but I know the 360 supports it's native resolution so it should be okay, right?

EDIT: The alternative would be buying one of these, but it would cost me a lot more.

Last edited:

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
That mount looks great, may have to get me one of them. Right now I just set my LCD on its side when I play Ikaruga. Kinda worries me every time I do it, but so far so good.

I got a 16:10 LCD computer monitor that I use on my 360.
I know in Ikaruga you can rotate the screen to accomidate a tate setup (can rotate left or right)
There is also an option in Ikaruga to do 16:9 or 16:10, so it works great on a computer LCD in a tate setup.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Hmm, I should check and see if Raiden Fighters supports 16:10 also.

I'm kind of torn, the mount is a lot cheaper, but a bigger monitor would also be nice. I'm on a 20" right now.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I don't see why Raiden Fighters Aces wouldn't do 16x10 since the 360 has been able to rescale all its games to 1050p since late 2008.