Anyone ever made their own AES carrying case?

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Hey guys im looking into trying to make my own carrying case for my AES since i bring it over to my buddies place quite often. I have been just wrapping it in bubble wrap and putting it in a box lol. What i really would like to do is Have a hard case that could carry My AES console with about 6-8 AES carts (just carts no case) and be very safe from damage. So do you guys have any ideas about how i could do this? was thinking of a hard plastic outer case with a foam insert that i could custom cut to hold everything, but this seems like a lot of work. Has anyone here done a custom case before? need some ideas so throw them out there Ive had this idea floating in my head for a while now, just dont know the best way to carry it out but maybe im just crazy.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
I know you said you wanted to make your own case. But I was checking out this place, and they look to have some pretty good deals on hard plastic cases. It also seems that every case comes with custom cut foam included. Just another idea to throw out there.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I use a messenger bag from Wal-Mart that cost 17 bucks. Holds a system, joystick, and all cables perfectly.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I know you said you wanted to make your own case. But I was checking out this place, and they look to have some pretty good deals on hard plastic cases. It also seems that every case comes with custom cut foam included. Just another idea to throw out there.

Hey, nice find. The price aint bad either

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
I am looking to do the same. I found this on ebay auction a while back to serve as inspiration.

yeah something like that would be good need a little more room for games though

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-NEO-AEC-MAX-330-MEGA-PRO-GEAR-SPEC-CONSOLE-W-SNK-CONTROL-amp-MEMORY-CARD-/161292458848?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=yNRNCa32q5QxxoCw3Fk7NDnPYyU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Thanks for the link that definitely is something i would be interested in have to look into the dimensions i would need

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
I put mine in an aluminium flight case and cut some grey foam to keep it snug when not in use. Some pics:

be8b.jpg

owwa.jpg

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
3w82efk.gif

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent

that actually explains quite a lot

personally if I were to embark on a project like this I'd troll the local thrift stores for some classy vintage luggage hollow it out and find a place that can do custom foam inserts and have someone else put in a nice velvet lining on the top side of the inner case

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Some of those big older laptop carrying case will fit.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Camera stores usually carry hard cases with customizable foam inserts.

Rori

Crazed MVS Addict
I too have got a pelican case, we've got several here at the house