Anyone else see the shitload of collision goofs in KOF'02?

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Played another few hours worth of KoF'02 tonight, and I must say...some probs are starting to pop up. I've seen all matter of hits that connect while facing the wrong way, or phantom sweeps that clearly hit the other character but don't actually connect. I mean, granted, this kind of thing has reared its head in EVERY 2D fighter ever, but I see it a LOT in this game. Anyone else see this shit too?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Actually.. I made 2k2 with a cdr and a old version of mugen. Notice the flame from chin's hsdm? thats the 'sweet somber' appearance of complete laziness. We we're thinking of putting like half the cast of mvsc in there, but were stopped by a trio of spiderman, dr evil, and some dude who remanes unnamed. I believe he was down with the ramones. Not literally down, god rest joey.

Rest assured, when we develop the next one there will be no need to try anymore, much like old snes game genie codes for sf2 and so on, you will be able to hit each other from any distance,as for story? Chin got hit by a bus on the way to a athena concert. Same with anyone else you havent seen in the past two years.

Igniz will be playable, he will have a new shadow. May lee will be back, same with K9999!
NO KRAUSER, NO EIJI, NOTHING THAT WE HAVE TO PUT GOOD TIME INTO. cause we are hardcore and all, angel will also be back. New bg's as usual, people seem to buy into that. Even better, things will remain UNCHANGED!, then we will slap the dream match slogan on it, put some dog biscuits in the HC cases and cram em for 350 a piece. Mock the dearly departed by a KNS...

Quality control? FUCK THAT! This is KOF a yearly recycle session.

mog

Bead Banger
Hrm, collision errors and viciously recycled sprites. I wanted to get more into the KOF series, but they've picked up some bad Capcom habits...

M

MrMonk

Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
This is KOF a yearly recycle session.
I'd say KOF has been that way since '98 or so.

Actually a lot of fighting games with sequels on the Neo are like...

KOF is just plain getting old.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
MrMonk:
Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
This is KOF a yearly recycle session.
I'd say KOF has been that way since '98 or so.

Actually a lot of fighting games with sequels on the Neo are like...

KOF is just plain getting old.
hold on a minute

99 was like 50 % new,
its the kof with the best graphic together with 96

and in 98 they added like 10 completely new sprites and shitloads of new moves

anyway...

loopz,
i wrote something like that in my 2002 topic

the first time me and my friends got together when 2002 arrived,right?
we started noticing something weird

i mean,of course it was bound to be different from 98

but it wasnt simply different

it was fucked up

i gotta be honest now and tell you that after that first evening when all that kind of mad stuff was happening

well it simply never happened again,
and last week we played the game for like 10 hours straight and nothing serious occured

who knows though...

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
loopz,
i wrote something like that in my 2002 topic

the first time me and my friends got together when 2002 arrived,right?
we started noticing something weird

i mean,of course it was bound to be different from 98

but it wasnt simply different

it was fucked up

i gotta be honest now and tell you that after that first evening when all that kind of mad stuff was happening

well it simply never happened again,
and last week we played the game for like 10 hours straight and nothing serious occured
Dunno Fran. The better my crew gets at that game, the more crazy shitty collision goofs we see. It happens especially with Joe's low D kick. I've seen it pass between more legs than Ron Jeremy. Granted, these have existed in every Neo fighting game since FF1, but in this game it happens A LOT. Just pisses me off...I mean, obviously, these guys arent burning up all kinds of time drawing new sprites...could they at least make the fucking collisions tight?

'98 owns this game for free. Give me EX and ADV or give me death!

Edit- I cant type.

<small>[ January 19, 2003, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Loopz ]</small>

David Fallows

Sieger's Squire
Try standing D > hcf+D > qcfx2+D with Robert on someone, the way he catches the opponent mid fall with a back-fist is just plain gay, it looks like shit.

'98 ownz it? Fucking all of them own it apart from '00+'01.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Try to connect with Orochi Leona's jump in C.

It's not happening. My bread and butter jump in C, standing D, forward+B, HCB+A just doesn't work after that.

I'm also quite tired of Rugal's lack of recovery time, resistence to damage, and ability to levy great amounts of damage from full screen away on a move you can't well avoid other than blocking (Kaiser Wave). Stupid korean games.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi:
My bread and butter jump in C, standing D, forward+B, HCB+A just doesn't work after that.
HCB+C

doesnt work if you press A

if thats what you meant,charlie

the V slasher after forward + B,right?

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
there are tons of things i dislike about 2002

98 is a real snk game
the music,bgs,the attention to the details,all the new sprites they created...a masterpiece

2002 lacks ALL of those things

BUT

now you can win even if you're using kensou,yuri,andy

in 98 it was all about goro,orochi chris,orochi yashiro,iori,shermie,kyo and ralf - clark

lets dont forget that,guys

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Fran:
EvilWasabi:
My bread and butter jump in C, standing D, forward+B, HCB+A just doesn't work after that.
HCB+C

doesnt work if you press A

if thats what you meant,charlie

the V slasher after forward + B,right?
I can't get it to come off either way - not with orochi leona. Regular leona is fine, but Orochi, no. And the main gripe is the lack of a Jumping C that will connect. Where the hell is the damage box for that move? I should pick up my debug neo from my apartment and bring it home to check this shit out with. It's driving me nuts.

Such a damn waste too. You burn off 50% of your health for a broken character?

And, I was really excited when I first turned Chris into Orochi Chris in a match and then whupped the CPU, but then in the next match I did it and the delay time was long enough for the CPU to jump kick me in the head, which nullified my move even though Chris was already starting the flame animation in his palm.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
hmm,weird

i will give it a try tonight,charlie

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
another thing that pisses me off is the range on the scum gale is gone. Or maybe I'm not applying it properly. I feel like I can't combo it out of any normal moves now, jumping, standing, or otherwise.

Finally, the QC motions are fucked up kind of.

To do Iori's hollyhock (aoi hana) move, you need to put in a delay between the first and second QCB motions. No more QCB+P x3 with flexibility. Now you have to put in a pause. Of course the CPU pulls it off without any problems. :rolleyes:

/me rubs KoF 98.

98 is still the champ.