Anyone else debating...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Eventually I plan on doing a conversion, that is if I feel like picking up the game at all...it's just so meh, I don't even know if its worth it.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Everyone should stop the bitching. You're not entitled to
have everygame...:oh_no:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Mike said:
That would be a damn expensive conversion!

At this point yes, the cost of SvC, cost of MS5, plus charge for whoever would do the conversion service. But I think in a while it will definately be an under 300 dollar job.

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
lithy said:
At this point yes, the cost of SvC, cost of MS5, plus charge for whoever would do the conversion service. But I think in a while it will definately be an under 300 dollar job.

I seriously doubt the parts and labor will ever drop under 300 shipped..... you may find a Neo Geo system and SVCC for that price but not a c*nversi*n.

Encripted boards are just a pain in the ass to work with.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
the roker said:
just buy the port

It's not worthy of big bux in my opinion. I played my friends console port....and its just ..eh. If you really need it..get a port. Its not the end of the world.:rolleyes:

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Mike said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3273819388&category=13718

:crying:

I don't want to support the bootleg market... but one day I might have to pick one of these up.

Damn shame too.

:help:

I debated about buying one but in the end I did buy the GMVS Cart of SVC Chaos from that very store. Call em' on the phone and it's a little bit less than what it's listed at. Grey or Yellow carts... I got the grey one. *Thing is it doesn't have a single flaw It's no different from the PCB Board, and leaves me to wonder just whether or not it's really GMVS are not? The dang cart is grey just like the POCHI & NYAA cart thats apart of the official kit, has the same Copyright Playmore logos and what not... has a "Home Cart" mode accessible through Razoola's Bios Chip? *The guy stated to me it was an official release in Japan, to which I said to myself "Bullshit." ... but with the game being better than expected I begin to wonder. Either that or someone somwhere already started doing AES-to-MVS conversions? I never break open ANY MVS cart, so if I can't see the TOSHIBA V Chips inside I never know whats what.

I do see you're dilemma bro. I still grit my teeth over the choice I made as it made me go against my ethics on that note, and don't feel I'll ever go that route again... but if SNKP wants to force feed a product in a particular format that has me going into an already difficult to navigate 2-slot cab where the arcade sticks come down and the JAMMA rig is entrenched... ain't no way I was going to bother taking all that out just to put in one board, then swap rehook up the 2-slot JAMMA board 45 minutes to 2 hours later. Only problem I ever saw with it so far isn't the game itself, but rather my copy of Breaker's Revenge will freeze right in the middle of it's INTRO if the GMVS "SVC Chaos" cart is in the other slot. No other game has conflictions though. My reasons do not make the decsison right, but they are my reasons and I look forward and will be buying SNKP's legit KOF 2003 MVS kit off Neo Store in the near future. It's something you just have to ponder over and then decide on. As far as ports go, if I have a BIG RED 1, why on Earth would I have bought it for XBOX? That's all I know, I will never offer to sell a GMVS to anyone, but since you posted that link I'm just speaking of what I know. The choice is yours.

MERCENARY X99

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Re: Re: Anyone else debating...

Mercenary X99 said:
It's no different from the PCB Board, and leaves me to wonder just whether or not it's really GMVS are not?
could you please take some pics of the PCBs?

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
There are umpteen ways to play it legitimately, from the home cart, the JAMMA board, the ports. Play a rom ahead of supporting the bootleggers.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
BlackSpy said:
There are umpteen ways to play it legitimately, from the home cart, the JAMMA board, the ports. Play a rom ahead of supporting the bootleggers.

I agree man. Mike, don't make the same mistake I did. It's not worth $200 to directly hurt SNKP sales. Save another $100 and just get an official homecart. If you don't have a home system, then get the port or roms.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Re: Re: Re: Anyone else debating...

supergoose79 said:
could you please take some pics of the PCBs?

I never open ANY Cartridge be it what I take on faith to be a legit cartridge sold from a reputable seller nor what I'm sure is a GMVS. If I cannot see the correct Chips/ Toshiba V Chips through the slots as I was told I could do once to "glance in", then I don't bother with it. I know that not all of the chips are going to have the TOSHIBA stamp on them, but opening up carts is just not something I do. If I know an individual or a seller/store to sell reputable legit product then I'll take their word for it, because the game playing right is all that matters to me, and I don't like to be the kind of person that calls people a liar. For example I have seen so many threads about JAPHEI I will never buy from him, simply because I'm almost positive that I'll have a freaked cart... if I buy from Neo Store I know I'm getting legit product. I do have pics of the cart itself, but opening it is a "No, No" no different from my totally Legit K0F 2002 MVS kit I procured from the Neo Store about two weeks ago.

MERCENARY X99

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If anyone can get pics of the boards of this grey cart, that'd be great :D

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
lithy said:
If anyone can get pics of the boards of this grey cart, that'd be great :D

I don't have photos of the PCB boards within the GMVS cart, nor will I ever open ANY cart Legit or otherwise, but from the outside I'd say comparing the "Offficial" Pochi & Nyaa Cart to the GMVS SVC Chaos cart cosmetically speaking it looks damn official to me. And like I stated it had the "home cart" mode accessible through that chip of Razoola's, maybe this doesn't mean shit.

Compare...

pochi.jpeg

Official SNKP Kit

SVC-Chaos-GMVS01.jpg

SVC-Chaos-GMVS02.jpg

the GMVS Cart in question. Is it or isn't it? It doesn't look
like a hack job to me like that nasty powder blue cart in Kim's signature pic and the game doesn't have a single flaw sound wise, graphcially nor control wise that the arcade standalone PCB didn't have. NOTE: *I have provided pics so others might try to figure out if this is indeed some sort of Unofficial "Official" MVS Cart, or just a damn good hack. So no one ask me to sell them one or anything like that because I won't. I personally made a choice to go GMVS for my own reasons and still feel like shit about it, but have redeemed myself by buying KOF 2002 official kit and soon to be KOF 2003 official kit along with Metal Slug 5 official kit, and will buy the port of SVC on XBOX. No one should have to go GMVS route, but when pushed into a wall, sometimes even people with super high ethics fall. :(

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
I'll admit, I have one, traded for it.

I kinda feel bad about it, but I had the damn game on preorder for months and was just strung along the whole time. I know I've said it's not the greatest game, but I still like it and was anticipating the MVS release. I still don't know why they didn't release it on MVS when they did for every other new release.

I would've bought the pcb, but currently I have no way to play it. When I get a cab or a better supergun, I'll get the pcb.

And I'm definately getting the xbocks live port.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this regardless. woot.

and merc, mine is the same as the one in the pic, just a black shell.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Robert Wallace said:
Just a quick question.....what is a GMVS? I'm not familliar with that term.

Guerilla MVS coined by Mr. Mercenary X99 :p

Snazzy term for the bootz I guess.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Robert Wallace said:
Just a quick question.....what is a GMVS? I'm not familliar with that term.

Guerrilla Multi Video System Cartridge = GMVS

*Since everything is a war and militant with me I just call it
a "Guerrilla" product versus a "Boot". So far I can't see into
the slits to see if there's that TOSHIBA V chip on the ROMs itself
like you showed me how to do when I sold you my AES & 36 games in May of 2002, and I ain't opening the cart either. I was
hoping someone might actually know just WTF on the game,
because the game is flawless... then again not all Legit games
have the TOSHIBA V logo on them as seen through the slits either
as my KOF 2002 doesn't have them, but I know that's Legit because I bought the kit from Shawn. ANYHOW, that's what GMVS means.

MERCENARY X99

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Any reason you won't open the cart?

It's not like home carts, they're only held closed by 4 phillips head screws.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
merc, you can tell its a boot, because on the case, the arrows are molded not painted. the only legit mvs games that carry this style of arrow is a korean game, or a legit game in a bootleg case, AFAIK.

also 200 is WAY too much to pay for that boot, considering wholesale on it is like 60 bucks :oh_no: . so not only are they selling boots but ripping you too.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
c.t.h said:
merc, you can tell its a boot, because on the case, the arrows are molded not painted. the only legit mvs games that carry this style of arrow is a korean game, or a legit game in a bootleg case, AFAIK.

also 200 is WAY too much to pay for that boot, considering wholesale on it is like 60 bucks :oh_no: . so not only are they selling boots but ripping you too.

:mad: *Well It's not like there was really any hope that it might actually be some sort of "Shadow" MVS Cart that SNKP did only for Japan or something. I was actually wondring about that ARROW thing myself to be quite honest, but with the game not having ANY flaws like what I've seen in the past with bad ROMS or GMVS stuff in general, I was dysfunctionally romantic about the idea it might actually be some sort of secret stock of MVS that SNKP did before deciding not to go full production and then tell everyone to fuck off and buy a stand alone PCB. Oh well! :oh_no: **Either way I won't be going this route again if I can help it and was overjoyed when I learned that KOF 2003 was being put on MVS legitimately because I was fearing I was going to have to go GMVS on that one, but now I won't. As soon as I get some more cash I'm going to buy a new kit from NEO STORE! :cool: BTW, I'll be putting in an order at your store soon too!

MERCENARY X99

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Mercenary X99 said:
BTW, I'll be putting in an order at your store soon too!

MERCENARY X99

Awesome. I should have alot of new stuff coming in tommorow :drool_2: