Anyone collect board games? Just babbling about them.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
A new Star Wars miniatures game? Is Legion dead or is this a smaller scale?

Yeah, it's skirmish, so 5 minis at most. Everything is scenario based, so attrition battles are not the main focus. It's from the same team that is doing Marvel Crisis Protocol.

It's good looking mini's but pretty pricy. GW level prices.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah, it's skirmish, so 5 minis at most. Everything is scenario based, so attrition battles are not the main focus. It's from the same team that is doing Marvel Crisis Protocol.

It's good looking mini's but pretty pricy. GW level prices.

I have the crisis protocol starter. Maybe one day lol.

I can handle a team of five minis with GW prices but for everything else I’m still sticking with miniature agnostic systems.

Scenario based sounds fun. Are the minis the same scale as Legion?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
What are the new TCG's? I've been playing Flesh & Blood, and I think it's a really great game.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Disney Lorcana from Ravensburger and FFG has a new one called Star Wars Unlimited that they can abandon in a few years.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
My bro in law brought over House of Danger, which is by the Choose Your Own Adventure book people. It was fun as hell. He, his wife, my wife and I played it last night and had a blast.

I picked up Abaddon yesterday, but havent had a chance to get into it yet.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I just finished painting all the mini's for the new Masters Of The Universe board game.

Attachments

• 20230723_214154.jpg
    20230723_214154.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
I was reminded recently of The Magnificent Race, an elaborate board game from the 1970s that I bought at a thrift store as a kid. It had a big spinner like life, but I think it was actually a little roulette wheel with tiny marbles you put in it. It had a game board, some sort of extra auxiliary game board, cards that indicated events that were happening, and cash, which I think you might have used to buy the event cards. It really just felt like it was made complicated not because it added anything to the game, but because they wanted to see if they could make a board game that used all the parts of other board games.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Got a couple new games recently. One is Dungeon Party, which is kind of a super simplified D&D mixed with Quarters that's meant to be played in a social area like a bar. Each of the pieces is a coaster, you attack with the coin/quarter after building a tower with the different coasters. It's ok, not amazing but ok. I got the starter pack for $20, not the full version.

The other we got is Doomlings. Kind of a mix of Uno and Munchkin. Pretty fun. I got the deluxe version on sale on their site, but also used a coupon code for 25% off (Crush25)

Came with a few of the expansions and a mat to put the decks into. It's pretty fun.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Lost Ruins of Arnak
Deckbuilder and Worker placement. Very tight gameplay that you'd expect from a euro, but there's a lot you cannot plan for based on the exploration elements. Very light on the deckbuilder aspect. I used the cards more as victory points in the late game. Definitely want to try more strategies with the expansion.

arnak.jpg