Anybody own a boat?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
A few days ago, I saw a fan boat on a trailer.

I don't think I've ever seen a fan boat around here before.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
A few days ago, I saw a fan boat on a trailer.

I don't think I've ever seen a fan boat around here before.

Rednecks aren’t exclusive to the south. Once you get outside cities and the inner ring suburbs hillbillies are found anywhere.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I thought that the point of fanboats was that they are for swamps. The purpose of the fan is to protect the motor from getting caught in the grass/weeds/obstacles.

We don't have any navigable swamps around here. It was by Cornell University. So maybe it was going on a research trip or something.

Last edited:

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I've owned two pretty small boats (largest was a 6-person bow-rider I bought with 3x friends). Totally sucked unless you have disposable income. For example, an electrical switch for your house costs $0.98. A waterproof, salt-proof, UL-marine-approved switch for your boat is like 1400% more @ $14 or so. Multiply that by around a thousand for anything even a little bit substantial.

Have even a mediocre horsepower engine (like 150 HP or so on a ~20-25' boat) and want to go out all day....about $150-200 just for gas, minimum. Throw a propeller (like we do pretty much ever. single. trip. when we RENT a boat in non-salt water rivers) and it's $175-225 minimum every time (thank you Alexandria Bay, NY x5 propellers in 8 years...). I don't even rent boats anymore. I stick to my kayaks which I can't possibly mess-up.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I don't think I've ever had such a conclusive set of answers to a question I've asked.

I have now joined a pressure group attempting to ban boats.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
All this negativity. Steven, remember the Bentley? It'll be just like that. Think of all the inspiration you can provide to others living vicariously through your best life. Sure it costs some money, but what that is worth having in life doesn't?

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
http://magazine.outdoornebraska.gov/2017/05/try-float-trip-phenomenon-called-tanking/

tanking4-1024x768.jpg

And when it capsizes it can double as your coffin.