Anybody getting suspicious activity from "Amazon" today?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I got three phone calls in the last hour or so, missed the first two, and when I called them back, the operator said they don't exist or are unreachable. The third one I did answer on time and it was an automated message saying there's been suspicious activity on my Amazon account and they wanted me to press 1 to work it out with a human. I did not do so, because it sounds like a scam to me.

So, I tried logging into my Amazon account to check on it, twice, and both times they sent me a link to click on, instead of the usual number confirmation code, and said somebody was attempting to log in from Ohio (I'm in Michigan). That looked pretty fishy to me too, so, I didn't click on those links either.

I wonder if Amazon has been hacked?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I got three phone calls in the last hour or so, missed the first two, and when I called them back, the operator said they don't exist or are unreachable. The third one I did answer on time and it was an automated message saying there's been suspicious activity on my Amazon account and they wanted me to press 1 to work it out with a human. I did not do so, because it sounds like a scam to me.

So, I tried logging into my Amazon account to check on it, twice, and both times they sent me a link to click on, instead of the usual number confirmation code, and said somebody was attempting to log in from Ohio (I'm in Michigan). That looked pretty fishy to me too, so, I didn't click on those links either.

I wonder if Amazon has been hacked?

Get calls like that quite a bit. I'd be more worried if not for the fact I DON'T have nor EVER had an Amazon account.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Scammers are constantly mixing up their methods of screwing people over.

Phishing emails are nothing new, but it sounds like they're trying to target people over the phone thinking the person on the other side will be more likely to fall for it.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
its a scam.. probably just rolling by your area, they send a link and get you to enter your info , the link and page set looks pretty legit too compare to amazon sign in

@M

20 Year Member
I get the auto insurance/warranty ones every now and then too.

I've noticed that FedEx puts my phone number on my packages a lot lately; personally, I suspect that's how the scammers are getting it. Those boxes go through a lot of hands en route.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I been getting those so called as well like crazy.I just assume scammers are getting desperate at this point but it is fucking annoying.I have a amazon account but they don't call you,really you have a problem you contact them.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Somebody probably got a hold of your movie buying history and figured you were a ripe target for scamming. This guy bought a Leprechaun box set and thought Sucker Punch was good. He'll click on a link.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
As a relief, here are some very satisfying vids of scammers getting what they deserve:

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Dude, if you're getting a call from a number you dont know and you're not expecting it. Just block it every way you can and move on. If Amazon had an issue with you specifically, it would be addressed when you log into their site. Otherwise, dont sweat it. Block their asses and move on. I swear scammers are so thirsty nowadays they're willing to try anything to scam you. I hope they all get hard ass jail time with a roommate who loves sodomy. Fuck those guys.

@M

20 Year Member
Normally, yes, I'd just block the number, but, each time, the number, while similar, was different, so, I don't think blocking would have done me any good. Probably some sort of elaborate automated system. No calls today, yet, at least.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Dude, if you're getting a call from a number you dont know and you're not expecting it. Just block it every way you can and move on. .

You can't do this when you have young children in school or at the sitter.

NY Contact Tracing actually called my GF on our listed landline. I wasn't going to pick up the call but we knew that she had likely had a contact.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member

NY Contact Tracing actually called my GF on our listed landline. I wasn't going to pick up the call but we knew that she had likely had a contact.
My condolences for procreating.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member

Here’s a work around.

Scammers spoof numbers in your area. Or your own number.

Get an out of state area code. When I get a call from Texas where I used to live - I ignore them since I know it’s a scammer since I live in Seattle WA.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Reminds me when I moved to southern Illinois from San Diego. I missed a lot of phones calls because people thought I inputted the wrong area code on a resume. Southern Illinois area code 618. San Diego area code 619.

Here’s a work around.

Scammers spoof numbers in your area. Or your own number.

Get an out of state area code. When I get a call from Texas where I used to live - I ignore them since I know it’s a scammer since I live in Seattle WA.