Anybody ever have foster kids?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I never understood the name "foster kids". I thought foster was Australian for beer, mate.

edit: ah, fuck, I did not notice steven already made this joke.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I heard black women do this a lot.

If you do it, it will be a challenge. Unless you're an actor with millions of dollars, you will get retarded kids, psychotic/disabled kids, black, asian kids. Plus you can't be too old or work at McDonalds. YOu have to pay 6 figures to adopt kids. Or so I've heard.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Based on your first post.
Oh OK then.

I was married for almost 15 years, for 10 of that we couldn't have kids and applied to be foster parents.
Took the state almost a decade to get back with us.

We had this last one for almost two years, she just went back to her family a couple days ago.
I'm happy, kids should be with their families whenever possible.
Ex is sad about it, wants another one. 😤

Also this one was annoying as hell and bossy.
Also a PITA about eating. Only wants to eat nacho's, ramen and chicken nuggets.
Often times I would ask what they want and cook it for them and they don't eat it.
Same with going to restaurants. One time I ordered bulk Asian food, pretty much just what she wanted.
Then I gave her just what she asked for with the portions sizes she wanted. Didn't touch it.
Then every-time I made other kids plates she would comment on it, specifically eggrolls.
Sounded like she was jealous everybody else got them as well not just her.
I've been suffering from food insecurity recently and it makes the whole thing worse.

We are divorced now, so I just have the kids say on weekends, holidays emergencies (when daycare is closed or people get sick)
During these emergency situations I have to watch her kid too.
Four kids is too much for me.
I think that was a big part of the reason she left, I only wanted two kids max.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Anybody ever date social workers?
Many of them are single women.
Maybe they can't or haven't had kids yet and the job fills some sort of maternal instinct, dunno.

Cons:
They don't make much money and work can be unstable.
They can also be mentally unstable, maybe that's why they're single in the first place.
Also the shit they have to deal with in the field and the drama and office politics don't help I'm sure.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Oh OK then.

I was married for almost 15 years, for 10 of that we couldn't have kids and applied to be foster parents.
Took the state almost a decade to get back with us.

We had this last one for almost two years, she just went back to her family a couple days ago.
I'm happy, kids should be with their families whenever possible.
Ex is sad about it, wants another one. 😤

Also this one was annoying as hell and bossy.
Also a PITA about eating. Only wants to eat nacho's, ramen and chicken nuggets.
Often times I would ask what they want and cook it for them and they don't eat it.
Same with going to restaurants. One time I ordered bulk Asian food, pretty much just what she wanted.
Then I gave her just what she asked for with the portions sizes she wanted. Didn't touch it.
Then every-time I made other kids plates she would comment on it, specifically eggrolls.
Sounded like she was jealous everybody else got them as well not just her.
I've been suffering from food insecurity recently and it makes the whole thing worse.

We are divorced now, so I just have the kids say on weekends, holidays emergencies (when daycare is closed or people get sick)
During these emergency situations I have to watch her kid too.
Four kids is too much for me.
I think that was a big part of the reason she left, I only wanted two kids max.

Not sure why you wouldn’t start with this instead of your first post which bordered on unintelligible.

Kudos for fostering kids.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Not sure why you wouldn’t start with this
TMI IMO

Was trying to avoid too many comments from the penis gallery.
Lot's of unfuckable incels on here.
Could imagine them posting some lame ass cringy shit trying to be king edgelord.
I was aiming more for the intelligent rational crowd who have the ability to infer.

Probably best not to share anything personal on here.
Lot's of cancel culture warriors weirdo's here who copy/paste & screenshot crap and bring up old stuff.

For instance I shouldn't have ever mentioned I was a veteran.
There was lots of threads about Iraq /Afghanistan/The war on terror.
I felt I had some sort of insight because I spent three years there.
I could tell people what I personally experienced but nobody gives a shit about that kind of stuff these days.
That type of crap.
Everybody just likes to live in their own echo chamber.

For instance I was at a baseball game the other day and got a beer and some nachos and other snacks for my kids.
The guy in front of me tells me I need to buy him a beer and nachos cause he fought in Iraq.
What? That's ludicrous. Everyone knows that shits for suckers and losers.
If I do that type shit then I deserve the hate.

Anyways now a bunch of people on here like to play the classicist card that I have mental problems.

Rant over

GO FUCK YOURSELVES

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
For instance I was at a baseball game the other day and got a beer and some nachos and other snacks for my kids.
The guy in front of me tells me I need to buy him a beer and nachos cause he fought in Iraq.
What? That's ludicrous. Everyone knows that shits for suckers and losers.
If I do that type shit then I deserve the hate.
are you sure you aren't misinterpreting the situation (if it really happened), due to your condition?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
call me crazy, i picture a woody allen type situation when reading this from xavier
I don't see much difference between the way you've treated me and if I asked you if if the state allows you to have a drivers license.
You Asians can't see over the steering wheel and your all squinty eyed too.

Now that's not real and it's not how I feel either

You're probably Sylvies alt account.
We got in an argument before the ban and things here have been worse since.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I don't see much difference between the way you've treated me and if I asked you if if the state allows you to have a drivers license.

WTF

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member

hahaha this is my favorite post from you. nicely done.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
There's some sort or push that veterans make good teachers, it's been around awhile
I don't understand it.

Grandpa was in the Air Corp as a RTO/Tech asstitant gunner/bomb pusher during WW2.
When the war was over they told him he needs to be a teacher so he did.
He met grandma at a Catholic school. She was a teacher as well.
Last job he had was student dean at the Arizona institute of technology.
Then he was a cable repairman for a couple years and retired.

You all see that movie The Tommarrow War on Amazon a couple years ago?

Why veterans are good teachers?
Good teachers must participate, lead from the front, roll up their sleeves and be in the trenches with students.
Veterans know this better than most. Jul 22, 2023

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I heard black women do this a lot.

If you do it, it will be a challenge. Unless you're an actor with millions of dollars, you will get retarded kids, psychotic/disabled kids, black, asian kids. Plus you can't be too old or work at McDonalds. YOu have to pay 6 figures to adopt kids. Or so I've heard.
Somehow this isn't the most racist post in this thread.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
There's some sort or push that veterans make good teachers, it's been around awhile
I don't understand it.

Grandpa was in the Air Corp as a RTO/Tech asstitant gunner/bomb pusher during WW2.
When the war was over they told him he needs to be a teacher so he did.
He met grandma at a Catholic school. She was a teacher as well.
Last job he had was student dean at the Arizona institute of technology.
Then he was a cable repairman for a couple years and retired.

You all see that movie The Tommarrow War on Amazon a couple years ago?

Why veterans are good teachers?
Good teachers must participate, lead from the front, roll up their sleeves and be in the trenches with students.
Veterans know this better than most. Jul 22, 2023
how were you somehow solicited with these teaching opportunities for kindergarten kids? did you back your truck into azalea bushes?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
how were you somehow solicited with these teaching opportunities for kindergarten kids? did you back your truck into azalea bushes?
Career fairs
VA job placement services

There's a huge problem getting anybody to teach these days.
Maybe if it paid more and there wasn't all the drama surrounding it and they fixed some of the duties involved.

Locally they tried to make all teachers have a graduate degree (public schools, private schools can do whatever they want)
and then also get a teaching certificate. That didn't work out so well. Now they're waiving the certification and recruiting people who could be undergrads in the next year and a half.