Anybody else into headphones?

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Earlier this year my gaming headset broke, so I went online looking up whats the best gaming headset. Pretty much found out all gaming headsets are basically cheap chinese crap with an inflated price marketed to gamers and I would do much better to find a nice pair of headphones made for music. So I did some more research and started off with a pair of Audio Technica AD900x's and a mod mic. Basically a adhesive magnetic mic that you can make any pair of headphones into a gaming headset and my Astro Mixamp from my old pair of Astros. I was blown away, love at first sight.

Well after that I got a trial subscription to Tidal Hifi and Spotify, for all my life I just used pretty cheap headphones for music, earbuds or cheap Phillips. After that I bit the bullet and bought the highest end open headphone AT makes, the AD2000x's. Man the detail of those headphones are incredible. I still use the 900x's for gaming though since the 2000s have a bit too sharp highs for long gaming sessions that it gets fatiguing and the a much stronger clamp and my ears touch the drivers so it is a bit comfortable after a couple hours. But for music it can't be beat.

Recently I purchased an oppo Ha-2 headphone dac/amp for my phone and Sennheiser HD600s so I could use them in the office, the Audio Technicas unfortunately have an undetachable 10 cable that is really unwieldly :very_ang: and I got the Massdrop Objective 02 dac/amp for home desk use. Seems to be the best priced best reviewed hifi dac/amp I could find.

I don't consider myself an audiophile or anything and am quite a noob to this stuff and just like to enjoy music and games. But I would love to hear what you guys use.