Any worthwhile YouTube gaming channels?

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Yeah Kim Justice is the real deal. Very authentically English

Scott the Woz is brilliant, better than most other similar millennial types doing these things.

Nitro Rad is rad

Super Bunnyhop is super

Gamesack is pretty lame now since it's become a one man show. The magic is gon

Lord Karnage is dearly missed. He was the best.

Superbunnhyhop keeps doing stupid videos and shilling for video games industry unionization... but I DONT WORK ON GAMES dammit, review MGS2 again.
Kim Justice has awesome content.
I had no idea Gamesack was a one man show now. Never liked Joe Redifer all that much so whatever.
TTTRRRRUXXXTOOOON guy was the greatest dumb show to watch until one day I woke up and he had 999 10 sec vids of dumb t-shirt print ads... and now he does comics? I've never seen someone jump the shark so suddenly on youtube but here it is. Probably doesn't even get 1k views anymore. TRUXTON.

edit: I once opened discord at work and got presented with hentai. I don't know if anyone saw the animay titties full screen on the 2 seconds it was open on my monitor, and I'd rather not find out if they did. That's my 8bitguy story.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah Kim Justice is the real deal. Very authentically English

Scott the Woz is brilliant, better than most other similar millennial types doing these things.

Nitro Rad is rad

Super Bunnyhop is super

Gamesack is pretty lame now since it's become a one man show. The magic is gon

Lord Karnage is dearly missed. He was the best.
I can't get into Woz. something about his voice just really annoys me, like he talks really fast and way too emphatically about things. Maybe it's just me but I'm just not a fan.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
* Any worthwhile YouTube gaming channels? *

There can be only one!

immortal.jpg

I am immortal.
I have inside me blood of kings.
I have no rival.
No man can be my equal.​

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Gamesack is crap. The goober making those videos didn't even know there are different versions of Shinobi.

The very definition of poser. He's just another loser doing it for money. He's just another opportunist cock sucker who doesn't even like video games.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Gamesack is crap. The goober making those videos didn't even know there are different versions of Shinobi.

The very definition of poser. He's just another loser doing it for money. He's just another opportunist cock sucker who doesn't even like video games.

You see, I assume this kinda of stuff without ever having watched a single video.

Good to know!

EDIT: Also "game sack"? When have you ever seen a game put in a sack? More like sad sack.

Last edited:

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Bithead1000 is the quintessential depressive middle aged video game enthusiast we all deserve.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
A few more came to mind.

Sphere Hunter is pretty great.

thegamingbritshow has some of the best analysis of the hack n slash genre I've ever seen.

I still like Maximillian Dood but it kind of feels low effort these days, like he's settled.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Metal Jesus yet?

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Thank you all for the suggestions! Definitely checking out Splashwave and following Neo Alec now.
Definitely looking up bithead as well - old and depressed works for me.

Y'all said Lord Karnage is sorely missed - what happened to him? Did he pass away, or just go inactive? He was the dude that did Classic Game Room, right? The jokey "journalistic" reviews? I loved his pinball videos!

I think avoiding obnoxious shitbags like metal jesus is half of why I posted this.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Y'all said Lord Karnage is sorely missed - what happened to him? Did he pass away, or just go inactive? He was the dude that did Classic Game Room, right? The jokey "journalistic" reviews? I loved his pinball videos!

He puts videos out on Amazon because YouTube wasnt paying enough

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Throne of Games

The biggest problem I have with Metal Jesus types is that they have invariably hijacked what had always been an everyman practice (that of playing and/or collecting older games) with intent to make themselves famous, wanting to be a kind of authoritative voice regarding something that had reached a level of sophistication much prior to their appearance. In fact MJ's input dumbed things down tremendously. Fuckers like him and that Happy Console Gamer twat.
No one cares about your fucking mound of plastic and cardboard, much less about your opinion

Last edited:

mmsadda

10 Year Member
The biggest problem I have with Metal Jesus types is that they have invariably hijacked what had always been an everyman practice (that of playing and/or collecting older games) with intent to make themselves famous, wanting to be a kind of authoritative voice regarding something that had reached a level of sophistication much prior to their appearance. In fact MJ's input dumbed things down tremendously. Fuckers like him and that Happy Console Gamer twat.
No one cares about your fucking mound of plastic and cardboard, much less about your opinion

Well said, dude hasn't had an original thought in his life

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Holy shit, Splashwave is incredible

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Retro Game Mechanics Explained - Very good channel if you like detailed explanations on how old games worked. There's even a video about the pipe glitch in Super Mario Land 2 and how it can be used to go straight to the end credits.

Stryder7x - Extensive Paper Mario (N64) glitch videos and other stuff, really entertaining and cool to watch all the crazy stuff that can happen in Paper Mario.

Ahoy - Really, really good documentary style videos with killer voice over, dude could be a BBC narrator some day.

Summoning Salt - Excellent speedrunning history channel

Bismuth - A great speedrunning explanation channel

Karl Jobst - Speedrunning channel focusing on Goldeneye and Perfect Dark

rwhitegoose - Same as above

GameHut - Technical videos about early Traveller's Tales games by Jon Burton, who was a lead programmer at Traveller's Tales

Marcel Vos - RollerCoaster Tycoon videos with a laid-back style, very much recommended.

decino - Excellent Doom channel

8-Bit Guy was already mentioned, but I enjoy his videos too.
Also Modern Vintage Gamer, great channel.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'll contribute something worthwhile. This guy does videos where he uses tools to go behind videogame maps and scenes. Sometimes it's just to use a free camera to tour a cool map. Sometimes it's to solve a mystery or quandary.
He has some great episodes where the developers explain why certain things happen in games. Entirely unique and well done.

Shesez - Boundary Break series

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Bithead1000 is the quintessential depressive middle aged video game enthusiast we all deserve.
If you want to watch meltdowns for 24 hours a day.Half the time i can't tell if bithead,raging is for real or he's faking it to just to get the views :rolleyes:

I took it with a grain of salt when he said the tg16 mini is a conned.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Just please do not use paper clips to try and series or parallel 2 PSUs. If you watched that video you know the end result. He thought he could take 2 PSUs and put them in parallel as the voltage does not change. He failed to realize by using parallel he doubled his current potential. Thus, watching his voltage rail go up in smoke. Likely due to a short or a component beyond its life or outside its specs. To which, he was better off testing the PSU properly in a load condition and measuring draws.

Haha, no, I'm not very tech-savvy but even I wouldn't do that. I'm mostly interested in his vids about old Apples and C64 stuff, he also has a channel for old keyboards, that was how I first found out about him.

Three more:

The Centre For Computing History - If you like old computers/micros, check this out. Tons of interviews with manufacturers, coders and artists, presentations of well-known and more obscure machines and peripherals, arcade stuff, and it's decidedly British. :)

Bazza H - Bazza is a Spectrum and MSX enthusiast who makes nice down-to-earth vids about games and gaming. No super HD or anything, it's just Bazza and his hands-on style that feels like a breath of fresh air among all those semi-pro quality vids with elaborate intros and booming sound.

Player One Start - Vids about Colecovision, Atari and other classic consoles and tons of 16bit/32bit coverage. Not all of his stuff is gold but there are some goodies to discover.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Shmupemall has good guide videos for clearing shmups the scrubby way.

ModernVintageGamer has good info on how certain consoles work, how security was bypassed, etc.

Jeremy Parish is good but I wish he'd stay on track and just review every Game Boy game.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
If you want to watch meltdowns for 24 hours a day.Half the time i can't tell if bithead,raging is for real or he's faking it to just to get the views :rolleyes:

It's pretty much implied that he was exaggerating for comedic effect there. "Meltdowns 24 hours a day" seems like his videos simply didn't click with you and that's too bad.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

I thought you'd post some idiot like Alpha Omega Sin

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I can't get into Woz. something about his voice just really annoys me, like he talks really fast and way too emphatically about things. Maybe it's just me but I'm just not a fan.
I find that Woz has an enjoyable style but is too light on actual useful content.

You can't fake that level of autism.