Any R/C fans here?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
For a second there, I thought we were going to talking about the greatness of Royal Crown.

One of my brother's friend is a HUGE fan of RC Cola. So much so, he actually wrote them a long letter telling how much he loves their soda. They responded by giving him free RC Cola for life. Any time he wants any, all he has to do is call them up and they'll send him some.

Not kidding.

Jon

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
One of my brother's friend is a HUGE fan of RC Cola. So much so, he actually wrote them a long letter telling how much he loves their soda. They responded by giving him free RC Cola for life. Any time he wants any, all he has to do is call them up and they'll send him some.

Not kidding.

Jon

Awesome :D

I wonder if Ferrari would do the same for me...

Metalslug

Cham Cham's Banana,
20 Year Member
Have you raced a rc car? That's where the fun begins. Transponders, tracks and racing tires.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Have you raced a rc car? That's where the fun begins. Transponders, tracks and racing tires.

A friends ex was pretty serious about this, I went to see a few races, looked like a blast.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
i used to race alot 1/8th -1/10 off/on road and made it into r/c car action (mostly my cars) and other magazines since i went to some big events in the US. my home track was so-cal raceway it was home to alot of the top pro's. Before i moved to so-cal was sponsered by trinity and move to so-cal and was getting destroyed by everyone.

I stopped racing right when brushless stuff started to take off and had to deal with conditoning / matching batteries. also lathing cutting brushes on motors , oh it was a mess.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
So like i said. this is why you dont let kids drive your RC cars. They hurt. Jump to 1 min into it.

Metalslug

Cham Cham's Banana,
20 Year Member
I remember SoCal raceway in fountain valley! Brushless and lipo has changed things dramatically. Less maintenance, but lipos you have to take care of.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,

Not kidding.

Jon

Cherry RC cola is much better than cherry coke imo. Has a richer cherry taste.

Didn't realize this was such a big hobby. Had a few as a kid but nothing as extravagant as the ones mentioned here. Seems like helicopters and planes would be really fun if you had an area to fly them.