Any musicians want to collab?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Glad to see some activity here again. Really looking forward to getting this going. That guitar of yours must be getting the 5 star spa treatment Soil!

I take it to a shop that's out of town (because my local store sucks fat cock), and unbeknownst to me, 2 days after I dropped it off they relocated their store.

No big deal, though. Saturday will be jam day.

SnappleMan

n00b
yikes, make sure they don't relocate your guitars too :(

I take all my guitars to one guy who I know is never going anywhere, and I get the work done then and there, I don't leave any instruments there overnight or anything like that.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Out in the middle of nowhere in Oklahoma, I have to take what I can get. My local place is absolutely terrible. I took them 3 months to just install pickups (incorrectly), and then they lost my original pickups, charged me out the ass, and basically shrugged their shoulders and said I didn't have to give them my business if I didn't like it.

So, now I drive 60+ miles to another store (who corrected their screw up for free). I was vaguely aware of them wanting to relocate, so I'm not worried about it. I know the tech really well, and called him this afternoon about the status and he said that he'll call me Friday (tomorrow) if he gets them finished.

I'm really getting impatient about a Caparison that I ordered at the end of May. Guy told me it would be 2-3 months, but we're slowly coming up on the 3rd month and I've heard nothing. The guy sometimes won't even reply to my emails, either :mad:

SnappleMan

n00b
I've wanted to try a Caparison for a while, you'll have to record it when you do get it. How did you go about ordering it anyway?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I ordered it from www.theaxepalace.com. They only had the H-H version in stock, and I wanted the H-S-S version (single coils for funk/jazz), so he had to order it direct from Japan.

5xZm4.jpg

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'd actually prefer a string-thru like my ESP Horizon, but I guess it'll be nice to have for the few times a year I want to pull on the bar.

What gear are you playing, man?

SnappleMan

n00b
I mostly play Carvin these days, and Roland synths (some yamaha stuff too). But yeah it took me a few years of expensive trial and error to finally settle down on Carvin as my guitar of choice. For the most part I prefer string thru also, but I do have a couple trem equipped guitars cuz you never know when you'll need to do some stupid crotch metal dive squeals.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Good call on Carvin. When I get the funds (just blew my wad on the Caparison), I plan on going through them to build a custom strat. I was actually surprised how cheap it is to have them build you a guitar, and it's USA-made ('murrica!).

I have a cheap Yamaha PSR-E323 keyboard that I play around with. I wish I was better with synth stuff. Been looking into some Roland gear, but it really is pointless since I can't play haha.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Any update guys? Anyone working on the bass part? Wes if you can put a click track together I can lay out my part.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Didyou buy that Acid software? It should have a built-in metronome. I plan on re-recording that main passage tonight (been real busy with school). I'll have a countdown before the actual chords if that'll help you. Then you can record your part. We should really get a dropbox going for all of this.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
OT: Picked up an Ibanez 7 string for $250, and it comes with Seymour Duncan upgraded pickups.

hTlO6.jpg

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
lol 7 string.

planning on joining korn soon?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Yeah bro. 1999 called, and they said you can keep their bad joke :p

Strongly considering this 8 string next:

septor828mntribalpurpleq1stock.jpg

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
I'd recommend a dual-neck, but then 1989 would be calling.