Any jap sit down cab info

I was looking at the collections and it seems as though a fair amount of you have japanese cabs. I am going to buy one soon and have been having a hard time finding just general info on them (pictures, videos of them being played, writings about them, etc.) hard to come by. Any links, stories, pictures, etc. would be much appreciated as I am hungry for japanese cabinet information. Especially stories about how or where you bought yours and whether it was easy or a bizzlatch, peace!

p.s. I've been thinking about getting it from arcade-infinity.com but they haven't replied to my numerous emails over the past 10 days, anyone know anything about them?

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Many, if not most, of the candy type cabs you see (Jap sit downs) are actually from Arcade-Infinity. As I understand it, they are not the best about email. Perhaps better to call them.

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
another thing to add on your list of concerns is that you may not want to get a big screen. I've used one of the 50 inch ones in the arcade at little tokyo. the kind that arcade infinity supplies, and there isn't enough leg-room for me. I mean I didn't think I was that tall. anyway to make a long story short the leg room on big screens is way too small and I had to stick my legs out of the side while I schooled some people at kof

edit: I'm talking about the big-screens with bulit-in seats

<small>[ March 30, 2003, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: zorro ]</small>

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Dude that's cuz they r for tiny Japanese people. Us Americans r like King Kong with that shit.

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
yes, that's true I tried so hard to fit in that I felt like throwing barrels. I figured It'd be fair to warn him just incase.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
We got back at them though with the Xbox controllers. That should teach them to make cabs we can't fit into.

I bought from Arcade-Infinity way back when and if you are in the area there is no better alternative. If you arrange pickup in person you can even ask to browse there wherehouse and hand pick the cab you want (if they still have the monster selection like they did when I bought mine).

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
FeelGood:
We got back at them though with the Xbox controllers. That should teach them to make cabs we can't fit into.

I bought from Arcade-Infinity way back when and if you are in the area there is no better alternative. If you arrange pickup in person you can even ask to browse there wherehouse and hand pick the cab you want (if they still have the monster selection like they did when I bought mine).
They do, and you can... and I recommend it, since the majority are in poor condition, but some are amazingly new like.

-Nick

The only number I can find for Arcade-Infinity is 626 581 4361 and when I call it I get a modem or fax tone (both yesterday and today), I'm going to try and send a fax to it soon and see what happens, damn hard to contact people.

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
ive bought 4 japinese abinets from the infinity, and have had (bad) experinces with them 3 out of 4 times. They dont like to spend time helping you find the right cab you want, unless your buying 10 or more.

Has anyone ordered using their paypal "secure checkout" on the website? If you have ordered from them, do you think it would be a good idea for me to just go ahead and use the website to order one from them as it seems I can't get in contact with them. Info about buying experiences with them would be greatly appreciated.