Any Baseball fans on this forum?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
In case any neutrals want something interesting to focus on for this series, here's SI's explanation on why in 2014, they chose the Astros to win the World Series in 2017.

(giant image of the SI cover, but enough to read the date)

I'll say this...as a KC fan, Houston is a tough freaking team...and damn near cost them their 2015 WS run. If it hadn't been for a freak KC comeback in game 4 of the '15 ALDS, their run would have come to an end right in front of a Houston home crowd.

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Dodgers had their chances a couple of times but the Astros tie the series. Now the next three are in Houston.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Dodgers had their chances a couple of times but the Astros tie the series. Now the next three are in Houston.

Yup, they gave the game away.

Winning at Houston will be tough, the Yankees couldn't win in Houston. I'm hoping the Dodgers can.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Yankees got rid of Girardi. No offense Yankee fans, but I hope the next year will be a cluster fuck. Girardi might get manager of the year and Cashman thinks it's all because of himself.

This and the Red Sox firing Farrell really makes me wonder if the GM's are that detached from the game anymore and think making a great team is as simple as using sabermetrics.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yankees got rid of Girardi. No offense Yankee fans, but I hope the next year will be a cluster fuck. Girardi might get manager of the year and Cashman thinks it's all because of himself.

This and the Red Sox firing Farrell really makes me wonder if the GM's are that detached from the game anymore and think making a great team is as simple as using sabermetrics.

I hear NY sports radio almost everyday and most Yankee Fan's were livid. I don't like the move either but supposedly alot of players on that team including some future stars did not get along with him. I don't know how much truth is in that since they were pretty much playing for the manager in the Cleavland Series. Rumblings are he also has some health issues. Lost alot of weight and shit like that. I honestly don't know who they will find to replace a manager of Giradi's Caliber but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I hear NY sports radio almost everyday and most Yankee Fan's were livid. I don't like the move either but supposedly alot of players on that team including some future stars did not get along with him. I don't know how much truth is in that since they were pretty much playing for the manager in the Cleavland Series. Rumblings are he also has some health issues. Lost alot of weight and shit like that. I honestly don't know who they will find to replace a manager of Giradi's Caliber but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I feel for you as a fan that you have 2 other big market teams (D.C. and Boston) looking for the same exact thing and all 3 boast a damn good team.

I hope Joe's okay. I've followed him since his rookie year in Chicago and have nothing but respect for him. Personally since he's from the Chicago area I wish he would manage the White Sox. the owner is WAY more laid back compared to the Steinbrenners.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I feel for you as a fan that you have 2 other big market teams (D.C. and Boston) looking for the same exact thing and all 3 boast a damn good team.

I hope Joe's okay. I've followed him since his rookie year in Chicago and have nothing but respect for him. Personally since he's from the Chicago area I wish he would manage the White Sox. the owner is WAY more laid back compared to the Steinbrenners.

Yea, Joe shouldn't have a problem finding a job on a big team.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Over 5 hours long
12-12 in extra innings.

Edit, Astros win it 13 -12

What a game.

Last edited:

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
That was nuts

It was nuts!

My Dodgers will have it rough on Halloween, with Verlander pitching for the Astros.

Jansen, the Dodger's "Lights Out" closer has given up a run in game 2, 4, and 5 of the World Series. Guess the WS is too much for him.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Hell of a game. Hoping the Astros deliver the knockout punch in Game 6. It was great to see them get to Jansen.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I know this sounds shallow as hell...but I personally know this fair weather fan girl who all of the sudden is a Dodgers "fan"...

Bitch doesn't make a single mention of the team for decades then all of the sudden is a super fan 10,000. She was running her mouth to Cubs fans during the NLCS, real lifelong and supportive Cubs fans when she herself couldn't probably tell you a single fact about a Dodgers season much before 2016.

I hope Houston takes it just to shut her stupid ass up, I hate bandwagon fans...

On topic, I didn't watch the entire game, but Kershaw looked broken last night. I don't think I've ever seen him look so out of control on the mound, his pitches were just all over the place.

Last edited:

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
I know this sounds shallow as hell...but I personally know this fair weather fan girl who all of the sudden is a Dodgers "fan"...

Bitch doesn't make a single mention of the team for decades then all of the sudden is a super fan 10,000. She was running her mouth to Cubs fans during the NLCS, real lifelong and supportive Cubs fans when she herself couldn't probably tell you a single fact about a Dodgers season much before 2016.

I hope Houston takes it just to shut her stupid ass up, I hate bandwagon fans...

On topic, I didn't watch the entire game, but Kershaw looked broken last night. I don't think I've ever seen him look so out of control on the mound, his pitches were just all over the place.

Kershaw is being Kershaw in the postseason.
Every postseason for the last three years he hasn't done much, and always seems to give up lots of hits and runs.
As a Cubs fan, you should recall Kershaw's issues last year.

If there is a game seven, he might be asked to pitch, but I'm not sure he'd pitch more than 2-3 innings.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Kershaw is being Kershaw in the postseason.
Every postseason for the last three years he hasn't done much, and always seems to give up lots of hits and runs.
As a Cubs fan, you should recall Kershaw's issues last year.

If there is a game seven, he might be asked to pitch, but I'm not sure he'd pitch more than 2-3 innings.

I'm not much of a Cubs fan...I just have a ton of family/friends that are.

I didn't watch any of the Cubs/LA NLCS series this year or last (my wife is the real Cubs fan, and she doesn't handle post season stress well).

All I know is that Kershaw is their "ace" and he seemed broken last night...he lost his cool multiple times including one where he throw a meatball and yelled at himself, which is very odd for a pitcher of his abilities. LA was smart in pulling him when the did, he was done. I will say that I recall their saying that his pitch count was in the 90's...which is high for the 5th inning, perhaps he was just mentally/physically exhausted.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Down 4-0 to Kershaw. Thought that shit was over.

Same here, changed the channel after the 3rd. Just saw the score this morning and was like wtf. Thought I was looking at a nfl score when I saw that shit.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Down 4-0 to Kershaw. Thought that shit was over.

Same here, changed the channel after the 3rd. Just saw the score this morning and was like wtf. Thought I was looking at a nfl score when I saw that shit.

I guess that's why the game got under his skin, he blew a comfortable lead. Like I said, all I saw was the 5th inning (just happened to land on that channel) and he was notably irritated.