Another NES Stadium Events for $18k

noCLip

Camel Slug
WOW, you would have to be either extremely insane or extremely rich to purchase that!
I have a good NES collection (about 250) but I will never attempt to acquire that game ;P

Anavel

n00b
20k and 7 days left! amazing. I wonder how many more will show up now that people see them selling for big $$$

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
This one's factory sealed with the original retail price sticker on. It's alot more valuable than the previous offering. Don't know if the guy kept the receipt, because an accompanying slip like that can easily more than double the value of the whole deal.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
How do you think the guy that bought the one up last week feels after seeing that?

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
He's probably thinking...

A) FUCK! That one is better than mine!

and

B) FUCK! That one is only for sale because I bought that last one!

and

C) FUCK! I want a commission!

lifehand

n00b
Now a bunch of these carts are showing up out of the wood work. Most of them will be repro's. The one that is going for 21k as of now is supposedly the only one that is known to be "factory sealed". Its a sickening thing to watch, but for the person selling it, its a thing of beauty.

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Now a bunch of these carts are showing up out of the wood work. Most of them will be repro's. The one that is going for 21k as of now is supposedly the only one that is known to be "factory sealed". Its a sickening thing to watch, but for the person selling it, its a thing of beauty.

This is one of two known factory sealed copies. Bronty owns the other, and it was purchased from eBay for $3,000 a few years back. He still has is, and he's now just three games away from a full factory sealed NES set.

I have also yet to see anything that looks to be a repro that wasn't overtly obvious (ie. the NA April Fools edition). The ones to look out for are not repros but the PAL version, worth significantly less. Those have been jamming up eBay since the last CIB auction ended.

As for the last buyer kicking themselves: I doubt it. The buyer of the last copy bought another CIB for $16k+ less than a month before. His name is MRN, and he has a fantastic NES collection. I wouldn't be shocked to hear that he brings home this sealed one as well.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Why is is the boring games always fetch such high prices? I know, they are rare, but c'mon...game is probably crap! (I have no idea..maybe its great...just saying)

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Are fucking shitting me? Have you ever heard of Kizuna Encounter? I heard the Euro release fetches a pretty penny...

Why is is the boring games always fetch such high prices? I know, they are rare, but c'mon...game is probably crap! (I have no idea..maybe its great...just saying)

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Somehow, I should have known the Beags would know the owners of these games :lol:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What does this have to do with the Neo? This should be in Unrelated.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
So there's no chance of someone doing a 'Circus Lido' and finding a crate of these somewhere?

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Somehow, I should have known the Beags would know the owners of these games :lol:
I was this close (Holds thumb and index finger precariously close together) to scoring the first one bought by MRN for just over $3K. The guy that found the game was exceptionally cool, and we were close to working out a deal. In the end he got a huge pay day, and ultimately I'm happy for him.

@XX: Right you are. Any way to get it moved over that way?

Last edited:

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
So there's no chance of someone doing a 'Circus Lido' and finding a crate of these somewhere?
It's not impossible, but it's less likely than most other titles in the NES library. This one was recalled by Nintendo when they bought out Bandai's stock. The bought back boxes, manuals, etc, were immediately destroyed as to not take away from Nintendo's sale of World Class Track Meet.

The only way a stock pile could be found is if Nintendo didn't destroy all the copies they recalled (doubtful), or if some Mom and Pop place left a case or two in the basement. Although the later is possible, we haven't seen it yet. We'll see.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I have also yet to see anything that looks to be a repro that wasn't overtly obvious (ie. the NA April Fools edition). The ones to look out for are not repros but the PAL version, worth significantly less. Those have been jamming up eBay since the last CIB auction ended.

Altohugh the pal is worth less some people seem to don't get it...

Just look here:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOP-Stadium-...temQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item20af7c9c0f

Or is this considered significantly less money in the eyes of some rich punk kid?

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Before the SE madness reached an all time high, a CIB PAL SE would be lucky to hit $350. And I mean lucky. Loose carts would sell regularly at $120 or so.

What most likely happened in the auction above is this: "Hey honey, I found one of those games that was on the Yahoo for next to nothin'. Think I should buy it? It's like printing money compared to the last one. . ."

It's a uneducated tard trying to cash in. Unfortunately, they didn't do their homework. PAL copies will begin to stabilize in the coming months, but NTSC copies will still go for silly money. The winner of that auction will list their gem at an absurd BIN for months o end, and their marriage will likely end in a divorce. That's my guess at least.

On a sidenote, if anyone here wants to buy a loose NTSC SE I will gladly sell mine for $5,000 :glee:

itsmattxp

Kuroko's Training Dummy
What are the last three carts that MRN is missing for a full complete sealed set?

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
What are the last three carts that MRN is missing for a full complete sealed set?
It's Bronty going for the sealed set, not MRN.

He shared his list with a handful of members a few years back in hopes of getting closer to his goal. What ended up happening is people started to hunt down the games he needed and tried to price gouge him every step of the way. He has since kept it a secret. He does post every time he finds another sealed title he needed though. His most recent purchase was a Black Box Donkey Kong. It set him back $4,000.

He's posted pics of some of the rarest games in the past, so there's little doubt it's legitimate. If you do some searching you will find some on older NES related forums. His pics of the sealed SE can be found without much trouble.

aria

Former Moderator
Wrong forum, moving it to Unrelated.

All of these new appearances ought to help tank the value of these things. At least if people are smart.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Wrong forum, moving it to Unrelated.

All of these new appearances ought to help tank the value of these things. At least if people are smart.

We're talking about sealed game collectors though...I think they've moved beyond the realms of intelligent thought the moment they seriously consider dropping a wad on a damn NES game they'll never play.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I wonder what this seller looks like. Her past purchases include Mary Kay make up and a Jagermeister bottle koozie.