I shouted oh shit,when I saw Macross Plus

even though I never really was interested in

the whole series by far.It also seems like it is

only MANGA Entertainment animes too.This brings

old older memories of when they used to show SFII:

The Animated Movie on Showtime & anime blocks on

the old Sci-Fi channel line-up.I know ya'll don't care

maybe since most of ya'll have extensive anime libraries

allready,just thought I'd share this w/ya'll.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Awesome news. Finally Sci-Fi Channel does something right in recent times!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
This has been going on for 4 weeks. I kept forgetting to post about it.

Tokko looks retarded but Noein sounds interesting.
Never saw any of the Macrosses before but I'm diggin Plus...it's purty.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Last night's Macross Plus was the 4th and final part. The Street Fighter series takes it timeslot starting next week. The Highlander anime movie airs at the end of the month.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Surprisingly enough, the music channel Fuse has also started showing anime Friday nights at midnight: Ergo Proxy at 12AM and Tenjho Tenge at 12:30AM. I find the latter show more interesting than the first. (It's actually the only thing that ever got me to watch this otherwise crap channel.)

Arcademan said:
The Street Fighter series takes it timeslot starting next week.
You don't mean the "V" series do you?
:annoyed:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Kazuki Dash said:
You don't mean the "V" series do you?
:annoyed:

Yes, yes he does

I'm sticking with Adult Swim cause Blood+ ownes all others at the moment with the exception to Ergo Proxy which I actually like

Tokko as said earlier is retarded, Noien doesn't intrest me, and I hate Tenjo Tenge

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yung Burnout said:
I'm sticking with Adult Swim cause Blood+ ownes all others at the moment
I tried watching it, I really did, for about the first 8 episodes and then I said fuck it. Loved the opening and the ending, but I hear those got replaced? Why would someone take the time to replace those when the show's only 26 episodes long? Ugh.

Caught Ergo Proxy on the 4th of July but had no idea what was going on so meh.

Basilisk turned out to be a real shitter too.
I'm still lamenting that Gunslinger Girl was only 13 episodes.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
I tried watching it, I really did, for about the first 8 episodes and then I said fuck it. Loved the opening and the ending, but I hear those got replaced? Why would someone take the time to replace those when the show's only 26 episodes long? Ugh.

It's 50+ or so episodes actually, and they started using the 2nd season's opening & closing. But then since I loved the OVA it was a nobrainer that I'd like this one

LoneSage said:
Basilisk turned out to be a real shitter too.

Yes that was quite the stinker, thank goodness it came on the IFC cause there was only one good episode and that was towards the end

LoneSage said:
I'm still lamenting that Gunslinger Girl was only 13 episodes.

I liked that up until the last 5 episodes then it just got boring to me

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Well it's good to see that Tenjho Tenge is on television because I JUST got into it this week. The first volume DVD is awesome! I'm awaiting a station to pick up The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya cause this show is THE shit!:buttrock: Hell, someone needs to pick up Full Metal Panic (I don't care what season, just get it).

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:
Anime sucks.
pretty much.

the fans are worse.

people who don't like fullmetal alchemist probably only watched the first few episodes and then said eff it.
that show was a real tearjerker sometimes.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
LoneSage said:
the fans are worse.

people who don't like fullmetal alchemist probably only watched the first few episodes and then said eff it.
that show was a real tearjerker sometimes.

What's sad is that it's true. The fans kinda kill it because they're never happy with it. Hell, Wayne Grayson (Michelangelo in the 2003 TMNT series) said so himself that the fans are "...killing the industry." <- From Anime Boston 2007. It's sad, it really is.

On FMA, it is a tearjerker sometimes. The manga's better though cause they explain more and it goes into SERIOUS detail.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
BlackReppuKen said:
I shouted oh shit,when I saw Macross Plus

even though I never really was interested in

the whole series by far.It also seems like it is

only MANGA Entertainment animes too.This brings

old older memories of when they used to show SFII:

The Animated Movie on Showtime & anime blocks on

the old Sci-Fi channel line-up.I know ya'll don't care

maybe since most of ya'll have extensive anime libraries

allready,just thought I'd share this w/ya'll.

Your attempt to be unique is annoying.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Gah, fuckers. Stop screwing with my TV. Want Anime? Go down to the local TV shop and buy a FTA satellite box. Get the hell off my [as] weeknights.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
Macross Plus = dope

Noein = meh

Street Fighter V = fucked up

Highlander = ok at best (hope he doesn't fuck up ninja scroll 2 with these gay designs he's been into lately)

Ergo Proxy = watchable, though boring sometimes, dragged on too damn long.

Tenjho Tenge = bullshit

Blood + = meh

Basilisk = fucked up (wannabe nija scroll/naruto clone)

Gunslinger Girl = .......

70s-80s anime > new shit.

70's, nah, 80's and begin 90's, yes.

FMA manga > anime, by far.

men in latex is obviously for fags, sorry but comics suck.
tried the so called best, but none of them were any good at all. at least there are some good animes and fucking awesome (berserk, vagabond & blade of the immortal) mangas.

Fighter123

Banned
E=MC2 said:
Macross Plus = dope

Noein = meh

Street Fighter V = fucked up

Highlander = ok at best (hope he doesn't fuck up ninja scroll 2 with these gay designs he's been into lately)

Ergo Proxy = watchable, though boring sometimes, dragged on too damn long.

Tenjho Tenge = bullshit

Blood + = meh

Basilisk = fucked up (wannabe nija scroll/naruto clone)

Gunslinger Girl = .......

70s-80s anime > new shit.

70's, nah, 80's and begin 90's, yes.

FMA manga > anime, by far.

men in latex is obviously for fags, sorry but comics suck.
tried the so called best, but none of them were any good at all. at least there are some good animes and fucking awesome (berserk, vagabond & blade of the immortal) mangas.

70s-80s anime is so much better than the new shit.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Descent123 said:
70s-80s anime is so much better than the new shit.

[adult swim] on Saturday nights is now showing ASTRO BOY from the early 60's...the classic black and whites.

Also agree with the 70's anime, especially Gatchaman (since I own all the eps) :buttrock:

snk'''

New Challenger
im not much a fan of anime on TV, not only is is almost ALWAYS dubbed, but they also like to cut a lot of the violence swearing and nudity (thats what anime is ABOUT).

also theyre horrible to watch a series on because you have to wait till they scheduled the next one. and they may not even show them in order, or even HAVE all of the episodes to show!

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
snk''' said:
im not much a fan of anime on TV, not only is is almost ALWAYS dubbed, but they also like to cut a lot of the violence swearing and nudity (thats what anime is ABOUT).

also theyre horrible to watch a series on because you have to wait till they scheduled the next one. and they may not even show them in order, or even HAVE all of the episodes to show!

Well that isn't ALL true. What you see on Adult Swim is what you can expect to see in Japanese television. For the shows that come on during the day, yeah edits have to be done. Shows like Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, and Tokyo Mew Mew have to have edits because kids are up during the time these shows are shown. Then again, with 4kids it shouldn't be a surprise to see how much they butcher shows. Thankfully, Funimation has One Piece and it's gonna be bad ass! :buttrock:

As for the series, yeah you have to wait a week because they do that in Japan too. Only difference is when dubbing is done here in the states, there is a LOT that has to be done in order for everything to be perfect. Auditions; voicing; editing; script writing; that's kinda time consuming and the folks at the dubbing companies put a lot of work into it. What does suck though is that the network the show is on won't tell you if its a season finale. You wait what happens next and you find yourself back at the first episode.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:

The show picks up after saya sister diva finally shows up, I still find what diva did to that young boy very disturbing