angry destruction...

Felixir

n00b
I'm not sure if this is the proper forum, but I had to ask somewhere. I'm sure that when many of us are playing games and we get to a point that is so extrememly frustrating, you feel like bashing someone's or something's brains out. Although I don't actually lash this out on my actual games, my little brother does. All our joysticks and controllers are truly fucked up due to excessive abuse from being hurled across the room. My question, how exactly do I keep my precious games intact? Is there a way I can get him to vent his anger on anything other than cracking the glass on the monitor? What do yall do to calm yourselves?

I plan on getting a MVS soon, and I don't want to see it in shambles within a few hours.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Not really I've known a few people that will glady destroy their shit when they get pissed and it really seems unstoppable. So uh lock your stuff up I guess.

beatifik

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
tell that little fucker not to touch your shit.

duh.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Sorry, all I'm coming up with is 'lock on the door'. How old is your brother? Is this a problem he's going to outgrow any time soon, or is he real little still? You could get a cab...those are hard to throw across the room in anger.

As for the games, don't worry too much about MVS carts. He could kick, throw, bite, etc. them and they'd still probably be okay.

Felixir

n00b
He's 11, and I'm not sure if he'll outgrow because he's had that violent nature for as long as I can remember. He's kind of hardcore with games (in fact he's beaten everything we've ever own that's beatable) and he gets pissed when he doesn't get his way with them.

I can't exactly shut him out because we have an colossal arcade room set up with 3 flatscreen TVs, and to add to that, he actually owns a few AES and half of my other console games. The cab sounds like a good idea, it should be sturdy enough to withstand a punch, kick and slam every few minutes or so...

Btw, MVS carts are that sturdy...?

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I used to be an avid "Smash stuff due to game rage" type person but I've managed to calm myself down over the years. I still have the occasional relapse though. Like last December when I sent my Mario Kart DD disc flying across my gameroom, followed by the controller and cube itself.

Mike

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
buy him a kitty........

then another......

and another....

eventually hell go after humans.

your shit will be safe.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
I'd lock my stuff up!!!! I'm a collector and it would drive me nuts living with someone like that. MVS carts are tough....don't worry too much.....they are almost indestructible.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Molest him seven days a week for three weeks straight. Tell him if he tells anyone... ANYONE... that you'll kill your mother, your father, and you'll torture him (with knives and sex.) In no time flat he'll learn to keep his rage pent up within his soul, far away from your precious games.

Chances are when he reaches middle-age the rage will escape with a blinding fury. Fortunately for you by that time he’ll likely no longer play video games so your goods will be safe and sound.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Gamer's Rage is something that eases over time for the respective gamer. I no longer round house TVs off of TV stands, or yank the an entire system out of the wall by the hurling the contoller when some "Cheese Factor" in a game {remember the birds in Ninja Gaiden 1 on NES? :very_ang: } happens to me, and in fact the last really violent thing I did was throw an AES copy of LAST RESORT out my bedroom window glass and all, then went out that same window and stomped the Cart with my steel toe boots. ---The Cart rattled, but strangely enough it still worked {back in '97}. *However, there was a time I'd stop just short of killing someone when I hit detection in a game was just b.s. and I'd die and have to have the typewriter ribbon to continue in BIOHAZARD or something.

Thus this issue you speak of has nothing to do with age, it's a condition that's hard wired to the respective individual. I know kid gamers who never loose their cool on anything and can beat damn near anything with little problems... then I know of grown men {30 something} that will drive off all Fast & Furious engaging the NOS when Omega Rugal beats them for the 25th time. ---It's just a time thing. Over time it dissipates. At least in my experience it has, although battles with Goenitz in SVC Chaos have almost got me pissed enough to fling a chair through a window... and that was two nights ago. ---Your little brother sounds like he's young ontop of having to deal with G.R. and that's even worse. I guess you could always beat the piss outta' him the next time he fucks up one of your click sticks and blame it on Goenitz or something.

MERCENARY X99

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
On a serious note:

This may be a serious problem and may need some counceling and perhaps medication.

Questions that should be asked here:

Where is the parent supervision/ enforcement that introduces this kid to CONSEQUENCES for his destructive behavior?

Are you the childs parent? - Do you find yourself with your brother more than your actual parents (out of town a lot, meetings, gatherings, etc )?

Perhaps this "Huge Game Room" is a substitute for your parent(s) lack of being around? Perhaps your family has money to just buy more controllers instead of taking care of problems?

Perhaps someone else in your family has violent tendencies?

Seige

n00b
I know how ya feel when I get all mad I just grab my trusty o'l m40 and my

OFFICIAL!!!

1.jpg

Then I head over to hunt some terror cells in Afghanistan and all that anger comes right out!

Seige

n00b
Really though just lock the stuff up and tell him you wont let him play it anymore if he messes it up

;)

Felixir

n00b
Taking that you are serious Neo, I will attempt to answer your questions:

Where is the parent supervision/ enforcement that introduces this kid to CONSEQUENCES for his destructive behavior?

Pretty much around all the time, because my dad gets home earlier than the kids and he usually does offer consequences for his destruction. However, any kind of corporal or verbal punishment has little to no effect. It basically leaves him in a worse state of anger and often more broken furniture.

Are you the childs parent? - Do you find yourself with your brother more than your actual parents (out of town a lot, meetings, gatherings, etc )?

No, i'm not the parent, and as mentioned, my parents are always in the house...

Perhaps this "Huge Game Room" is a substitute for your parent(s) lack of being around? Perhaps your family has money to just buy more controllers instead of taking care of problems?

Actually, it wasn't even meant to be a game room, as my parents use it as a home theater as well and also karaoke during family gatherings. The games happen to be in there because I bought a lot of them and I have no other TV to substitute the consoles.

Now that you mention it, his rages were probably inherited by my father, to no surprise. When my dad grew up in Vietnam, his father refused to teach and pass down the family martial arts because of his violent nature. After being kicked out of the dojo, my dad had to find another master and learned another style.

My older brother was also a big bully as well, and used force to get what he wanted as a kid. I'm guessing it's hereditary, because tracing back my roots I found out that most of them were ruthless and short-tempered.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Beat his little bitch ass, if he's 11 you don't have to use any force, put him in his place. And also lock your shit away from him when you're not there. You're gaming stuff is an investment. It's pretty much all you have as collateral until you're out of your house and on your own. So take good care of your stuff and don't let your fucktard 11 year old little brother take advantage of you and your stuff. Like I said, beat the fuck out of him if that's what it takes.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Who the hell knows said:

Felixir said:
Now that you mention it, his rages were probably inherited by my father, to no surprise. When my dad grew up in Vietnam, his father refused to teach and pass down the family martial arts because of his violent nature. After being kicked out of the dojo, my dad had to find another master and learned another style.

My older brother was also a big bully as well, and used force to get what he wanted as a kid. I'm guessing it's hereditary, because tracing back my roots I found out that most of them were ruthless and short-tempered.

Holy fuck, that would make an excellent Samurai movie.

Seriously though, I think your little brother needs to assist your father in defeating his former Master (it was probably your father's former master's treachery that disgraced your father and caused his dislike for his martial art.)

Facts: I am stoned, and your family is nuts.

EDIT: Now that I read your post again it's clear that your father's father is the one to be defeated. That's some Chinese Darth Vader shit.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Mercenary X99 said:
the last really violent thing I did was throw an AES copy of LAST RESORT out my bedroom window glass and all, then went out that same window and stomped the Cart with my steel toe boots. ---The Cart rattled, but strangely enough it still worked {back in '97}

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Idea - Express to him plainly and simply that you'll pop him with a burning knuckle if he fucks up your shit.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Perhaps a subtle mix of psychology and brute force will do it.
I would lock the gear up or go elsewhere to play, like a mates place if hes not prepared to respect your gear, if he behaves, then he gets a go.
Its like dogs po poing in the haus. When is a pup not a pub, when he stops shitting on the carpet.