Andy Bogard gettin' the shaft?

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
Why wasn't he in KOF 2003 or SVC Chaos? I find such an omission entirely unacceptable.

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
Presumably, he just wasn't popular enough to make the cut against SNKP's burning desire to recycle MOTW sprites.

Cutting unpopular characters also makes it easy for SNKP to re-add them later to console ports as "exclusive extras," like how King was cut and re-added in the console ports.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
they should reinvent his character again. hopefully in kofXII.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Yes, I think he should come back in kof12. Since KOF XII has all new sprites, I would think that a lot of characters will be cut from the roster because there has never been a fighting game with 50 or so brand new sprites to my knowledge.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
The japanese don't like ninja characters that are of any nationality other than Japan, or so I've heard. Would also explain why Galford's Strike Heads damage has been so laughable since SSIV.

Pity, I always liked Andy more than his big brother.

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
YeldellGW said:
The japanese don't like ninja characters that are of any nationality other than Japan, or so I've heard. Would also explain why Galford's Strike Heads damage has been so laughable since SSIV.

Yeah, I always liked Andy better too...

derboo

Crazed MVS Addict
I see it kinda like the japanese... the idea of an american ninja seems stupid to me, at least as long as he isn't a mutated turtle.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
derboo said:
I see it kinda like the japanese... the idea of an american ninja seems stupid to me, at least as long as he isn't a mutated turtle.

Personally, I don't see the problem. A person can utilize any fighting style they see fit, regardless of their or its nationality.

Christ, Joe Higashi's japanese and he utilizes Muay Thai. How's that any different from Andy or Galford being trained in ninjitsu?!

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
If it has blonde hair and blue eyes, the Japanese love it. It's about as simple as that.

What's more likely is that Andy just didn't get people excited anymore. He was completely redone as a character in 96, which was great for him, but ever since then, there have just been small tweaks to him, and he's pretty much been the same character ever since. For instance, the dam breaker punch, when it was switched to an unblockable juggle in 96, was such a good move that it was practically the only move of his worth doing.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Actually, for a while, even since '96', I've seen him as the ever-improving Andy.

I actually liked his updates, from year to year, as it seemed he was getting more dangerous with his arsenal. Still, I don't mind the swap out, every once in a while. Sometimes it forces people to spread out a little, and not stick with the same people all of the time. (Heck, by the time they altered and then removed Takuma, I was ready to see him removed) This was basically so I wouldn't fall on him as a crutch.

Sometimes, I think the idea to remove somebody is because they don't see what they can do more with them, and have them sit out until they can either think of a nice revamp or replace them with something suitable.

Still, I think some of Andy's game was unique enough to make for a good return, if not incorporated in someone else. He I liked, but I eventually see a lot of people leaving KOF for new people. That is, unless SNK decides to move away from KOF and work on a new franchise.

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
Kirk Foiden said:
Actually, for a while, even since '96', I've seen him as the ever-improving Andy.

I actually liked his updates, from year to year, as it seemed he was getting more dangerous with his arsenal. Still, I don't mind the swap out, every once in a while. Sometimes it forces people to spread out a little, and not stick with the same people all of the time. (Heck, by the time they altered and then removed Takuma, I was ready to see him removed) This was basically so I wouldn't fall on him as a crutch.

Sometimes, I think the idea to remove somebody is because they don't see what they can do more with them, and have them sit out until they can either think of a nice revamp or replace them with something suitable.

Still, I think some of Andy's game was unique enough to make for a good return, if not incorporated in someone else. He I liked, but I eventually see a lot of people leaving KOF for new people. That is, unless SNK decides to move away from KOF and work on a new franchise.

I usually use Terry or K' in replace of Andy. So it definitely forced me to spread out, but I still missed A-Bo.

YeldellGW said:

HEY :envy:

lol......anyways i used to play with Andy too.....that is at the time of FF...now i have shifted to Terry, K', and Iori.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
TERRY_BOGARD said:
HEY :envy:

lol......anyways i used to play with Andy too.....that is at the time of FF...now i have shifted to Terry, K', and Iori.

Andy is fun to use definately, but in 2k2 I felt he was too easy to do good with...

Like Robert.

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
I've always wondered why Andy was never in the newer kof, his disciple was in mark of the wolves but SNK playmore makes it seem as if though Andy is no longer interested in the KOFs. Personally, I think Andy may be one of the few who can actually kick Terry's arse although it is never depicted.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Andy kind of reminds me, sometimes, of what a young Geese Howard would be if he were in Shiranui. If he turned, "to the darkside", so to speak; he'd be a very dangerous man. I guess the way they seem to spin his story, is that he's being responsible and is refocusing his efforts to Clan and family.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
I thought this thread was further speculation into the homesexuality of Andy.

"The Shaft" indeed.

Xenomic

n00b
Yeah.....don't see why he always avoids her. Seriously Andy....she wants you man! Oh well.....you keep focusing on beating Terry while I take her. lol

But yeah, why does he always avoid Mai? I've always wondered that myself....and as much as I'd like to see Mai get together with him, I dread the thought of her marrying the guy.....wouldn't want to see her name go from Mai Shiranui to Mai......Bogard.....

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Hahaha played FF3 for the first time ever.

"I am not of the female persuasion!" :tickled:

Gowcaizer

Armored Scrum Object
I think that Andy is a really cool character in the FF series, is just awesome in RB special, but in the KOF he is not the same:spock: the only good version IMO in a KOF was in 96

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
It's a fucking fantastic game anyway. Beats all 600,000 SF alpha games no contest

LoneSage said:
quite honestly I'm a bit miffed it took you that fucking long.
I layed off the roms you fucking spaz whore :mad:

kiss_emoticon.gif

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Andy didn't get the shaft, he was spared from being in those horrible, horrible games.