Android and Apple phones. Do they mesh together?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
This is real talk. I use the same carrier for all 5 phones. 3 are apple and 2 are Android. I have a shit ton of calls that don't go through when its a Android to Apple but not the other way around. Is this one of Apple's tricks to get everyone on Apple phone's?

My biggest concern is my kid who uses a Apple phone and me and my wife try to contact her and she doesn't pick up. She tells us that she has no missed calls and that the calls aren't going through. I could hear it ringing on my end but nothing happens on her end. Same goes for my parents when I try to contact them sometimes they have this same issue and even texts that don't go through.

I thought that maybe they ignored me or put me on block by accident but I checked their phones and that's not the case. I know Apple purposely downgrades videos and pictures that are sent from Android phones and they slow down phone's on purpose after a few years to get you to buy new one's but do you think they would go as far as dropping calls?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I've had no issues with calls, but I have ran into problems with texts. Sometimes Apple's iMessage doesn't get the memo that the receiving phone isn't an iOS device, and the texts will either get lost into the ether, or appear on on an Apple device that's attached to the iCloud account of the person you're texting.

This has actually been happening to my wife and I recently. Her texts weren't coming through on my phone, but they were appearing on my WiFi only iPad. Dealt with it on and off at work ever since Apple introduced iMessage.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've had no issues with calls, but I have ran into problems with texts. Sometimes Apple's iMessage doesn't get the memo that the receiving phone isn't an iOS device, and the texts will either get lost into the ether, or appear on on an Apple device that's attached to the iCloud account of the person you're texting.

This has actually been happening to my wife and I recently. Her texts weren't coming through on my phone, but they were appearing on my WiFi only iPad. Dealt with it on and off at work ever since Apple introduced iMessage.
What's funny is that I didn't have dropped calls when my kid had my old Android phone. Only when she got the Apple phone is when these problems started happening. She likes Apple because all her friends have Apple phones and they do FaceTime and all that other shit but I'm about to put her back on Android if this problem can't be solved.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
May just be a problem with the internal radio or a software bug. I don't think that's an Android vs Apple issue. First, make sure the phone has the latest version of iOS. If it's still misbehaving, do a factory wipe on it to eliminate the possibility of a software problem. Swap it out under warranty if neither of those fix it.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Is call blocking cranked up on the Apple? I thought it showed up still in the logs but random thought.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I used a google joint for a year and a half or so and shit like this was so bad with everybody around me that I felt forced to switch back. It didn't help that the google phone was like a damn toy.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
The only Google brand phone I have had was a pixel 6 that was very defective out of the box. UI sucked anyway and I went back to Samsung for Android phones.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
My family has only used Android phones in the past but when my old one broke I bought an iPhone SE for myself since it was about the only thing I could find that wasn't gigantic without spending a ton of cash. I've not had any issues with calls between the various phones.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I don't know about the phones but I do know my iMac doesn't like talking to my android phone or tablet.

Last edited:

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
On my work team I'm the only person out of 12 that has an Android (Samsung S22 Ultra - I'm a sucker for the stylus). I've never run into call issues, message issues, etc. The only annoyance I've had is when people use emojis to reply to pictures or what not in a group chat. Sometimes the emoji goes through, other times I get a message like, "so and so laughed at an image."

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
My parents have cheapo Samsung Android phones. As family tech support, they’re a pain in the ass. Just for example, my mom installed a security update last week. Samsung snuck in a bunch of games and apps into the install package so I had to uninstall all of those.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’ve no issue getting calls or texts from family members or friends on Android while I’m on iOS.

The iMessage green/blue thing is a controversies for acorn lovers.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Apple is deceptive as fook...It's already been proven that they manipulate their phones.
Let her have both or back to Samsung Android she goes..
BB

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Droid Boiz, my dad says his video apps (Netflix, FiOS, YouTube, etc.) are acting up. The video he's watching will crash after a few minutes, but the app itself won't – it will just go back to the library screen. For YouTube, it will randomly go into picture-in-picture mode. I had him close everything and reboot, but no change. Any ideas on where to start? I am ill and can't go over to see him, so I'm trying to figure this out without being able to actually get my hand on the phone.