Andro Dunos

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
One of only two Visco games to be released on the home system, released in 1992, and I've always wanted to play it. Played it today and man. This is not Neo-Geo BIGGER, BADDER, BETTER at all. This is literally an SNES game only without slowdown.

Here is a blurb from EGM's 1999 Buyers Guide:
Andro Dunos: 6, 7, 6, 5
This side-scrolling shooter is average at best.

And I agree with them. One of the most no-frills games on the system. I know sometimes we all play a Neo game and think, "Man, imagine paying hundreds on that in the 90s." This game is that. It's so SNES shooter it hurts.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The online Neo community in the 90's seemed to take one look at it and pass it over. Just not up to par for the system in those days. In more recent times you'll get some folks willing to give it a chance.

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Never bothered with this game until I played it earlier this year. Now it’s one of my faves. Good ost too. Stages 5 and 6 themes in particular.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
It's fun and that's all that really matters to me.
The fact that it's a NEO•GEO game is why people remember it.
If this was an SNES or MD game it would have never gotten any notice.

Johnny16Bit

Camel Slug
It was considered sub-par at the time, but now it's getting more love, partly because everything about it is characteristic (caricatural?) of the 16bit period.
It's not bad, but I had more fun (or better retro vibes) with just about any other shooter on the system. Even from Ghost Pilots as SNK's not Sky Shark, or from Operation Ragnarok.
... Captain Tomaday doesn't really count - I think???

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I feel like Andro Goobos is one of those games that I'll like much more revisiting it in retrospect but there are so many other above average games I haven't played yet...

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I feel like Andro Goobos is one of those games that I'll like much more revisiting it in retrospect but there are so many other above average games I haven't played yet...
There are so many average arcade games that will never get half the recognition because they weren't for Neo Geo. The lesson: Everything should be more like Neo Geo.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Woulda been nice if Andro Dunos was more like Neo–Geo. 2snes4me