Analogue wood neo geo cmvs question

NucaCola

Rugal's Thug
How long do you guys think Analogue will be making their wooden cmvs for? I'd like to get one but I don't have the money for one at the moment. I've been thinking of building a small AES collection before selling it off and going the cheaper but classier rout.
Is that a good plan or should I just save up and pay up?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Rest assured that they'll keep making 'em as long as people are willing to pay that kind of price.

NucaCola

Rugal's Thug
Well that's good to know. Glad to know I'm not in any kind of rush.
However, there's only so many mvs boards out there, how long until they run out of spares?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Considering that the KoF and AoF mvs carts have serial numbers that go well into 100,000s and there must be more than that number of boards. I'd say they could build one per day and still die of old age before the boards are all gone.

NucaCola

Rugal's Thug
Welp that puts my fear to rest. You guys here are so responsive and polite. Thank you. :)

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Welp that puts my fear to rest. You guys here are so responsive and polite. Thank you. :)

You'd be better off with an Omega, cheaper but better built, and built by a guy with some class.

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
I like my AI CMVS, but now tempted by even more expensive Black Label series. damn.
Omega as fine though, seller of those very active on the forums, so maybe that's an edge there...

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I like my AI CMVS, but now tempted by even more expensive Black Label series. damn.
Omega as fine though, seller of those very active on the forums, so maybe that's an edge there...

Or it could be that he doesn't charge $5000 for a piece of minwaxed furniture. But you're probably right...it's the forum activity. Carry on.

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
Or it could be that he doesn't charge $5000 for a piece of minwaxed furniture. But you're probably right...it's the forum activity. Carry on.
A matter of taste, but I'm sure, your opinion is the correct one.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Although I much prefer the look of the Omega (that I bought), but having held an AI wood one, I do like the weight it has. It definitely feels sturdy, and like a 2, 4 or 6 slot, you know the thing will remain fully seated as you pull out a cart from it. The price though, I don't think it's worth $150 over the Omega, but I guess it's all up to personal taste if you prefer wood over plastic.