amnesia

JoshuaF

n00b
EDIT: Problem was resolved. He's not a scammer.

A couple weeks ago a guy named amnesia PMed me expressing interest in a couple of Saturn games. I forgot about it for a couple days since I'm in the process of getting a new apartment and job, so I thought I'd make up for it by sending the items first. Ever since then he's been ignoring my PMs and I know he had a chance to see them because I checked his profile almost every day and he visited the forums every day I checked, even today.

Also, I can post the PM record, if that will be helpful.

Last edited:

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
I have a feeling you cant press charges. You sent before he paid.

Not only that you didnt respond to him for a few days maybe he thought you backed out. Unless you ran the idea by him about sending first and he was ok with it.

But even then, you have 3 positive feedbacks i wouldnt of sent first.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Wait a minute, you've sent your items to some random noob from denmark with zero post and zero feedback and all that before you got any payment ?

JoshuaF

n00b
Maybe I was presumptuous but that doesn't excuse ignoring me for a week. Whatever then, I hope he enjoys his 50 bucks worth of free games and 13 bucks shipping out of my pocket.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Dude it does suck, and i feel for you. But you were to trusting. Best thing you can hope for is to keep pming him and hope he responds.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I don't even see someone with that SN in the member list.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Wait a minute, you've sent your items to some random noob from denmark with zero post and zero feedback and all that before you got any payment ?

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

amnesia

n00b
Okay, just got notice of this thread from a fellow Dane on another forum. In my sent messages, I only asked for the price incl. shipping to Denmark. JoshuaF then asked for the address (for calculating the precise shipping?)

Reading the PMs through, I see that it mentions the games being shipped out - when I haven't really confirmed that I wanted to buy? I DO NOT wan't to be stamped as a bad buyer or have my name and address posted out on forums, without any notice of this. I don't check these forums that often.

The games are sent, nothing to do about that - and I'll pay you for that.

I don't know why you didn't post the PM transactions between us, so everyone could see that I at no point asked for anything other than a price on the mentioned games + shipping, for me to see if it would be worth the hassle.

Last edited:

JoshuaF

n00b
Thanks for the payment, but why ignore my PMs when I saw you were checking this forum every day? I would've appreciated you saying exactly what you said here without me having to make this thread. I'll admit I inferred too much since I'm busy with the aforementioned stuff but it could've gone smoother if you sent me a message.

amnesia

n00b
As I said, I didn't read it as the games being sent out - so I just wanted to think things over, before making a buy (because some of the games, including Layer Section 2 - was available for me in a bigger lot of games in another deal).

While it might seem that I check the forums every day, it's more of a tab being open in my browser among ~30 other tabs.

You could have wrote me an e-mail, since you obviously have my address.

I would like you to remove my personal information from this thread, please.

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
If you did just inquire about the price of the games and he went ahead and sent them to you with no confirmation of actually buying them, then that would be really annoying. In addition, you did not really owe him a reply PM when he sent you the price information as it was nothing more then a price + shipping inquiry. Of course, replying even with a "thanks but Ill pass" is the courteous thing to do but still... jumping the gun and sending the games out seems pushy. I'd send them back on principal as I personally don't like being pushed into things.