AMC's Preacher (comic adaptation)

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Fuck. YES!

This has been in the works for years, and it looks like they've done Garth Ennis' work much justice.

I have no doubt this will kick ass!

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I read several of the Preacher TPBs a few years back, and it was pretty good stuff, so, I imagine it should also make a good show. I'd bet that AMC is trying to replicate their success with The Walking Dead with this.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I read these a while back... and along with the Sandman series... they were amongst my favs in recent times...

...I'll give it a good old college try:D

xROTx

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
DC/Vertigo is going nuts with comic TV shows.

Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, iZombie, Gotham, Preacher, Lucifer, Legends of Tomorrow... and those are just the ones already ordered to series. In development there is also Titans, Scalped, DMZ, Krypton, Static Shock, #4Hero (Dial H), Amped, Powerless, Red, Y: the Last Man, etc.

And Marvel has Daredevil, Agents of SHIELD, Jessica Jones, Powers, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Agent Carter, and the Defenders already ordered with Most Wanted, Hellfire (X-Men), Damage Control, Empire of the Dead, and Legion (X-Men) in development.

I love it.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
DC/Vertigo is going nuts with comic TV shows.

Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, iZombie, Gotham, Preacher, Lucifer, Legends of Tomorrow... and those are just the ones already ordered to series. In development there is also Titans, Scalped, DMZ, Krypton, Static Shock, #4Hero (Dial H), Amped, Powerless, Red, Y: the Last Man, etc.

And Marvel has Daredevil, Agents of SHIELD, Jessica Jones, Powers, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Agent Carter, and the Defenders already ordered with Most Wanted, Hellfire (X-Men), Damage Control, Empire of the Dead, and Legion (X-Men) in development.

I love it.

Too bad I dumped all my comics before the MCU started. Shoulda kept them a bit longer...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This is exciting. I like preacher. I also hope that sandman is never made into a tv show.

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I guess I'll be that prick that says he likes the comics and doesn't have much faith that AMC will do the adaptation any justice. Only time will tell.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I guess I'll be that prick that says he likes the comics and doesn't have much faith that AMC will do the adaptation any justice. Only time will tell.

They definitely took a bit of liberty on Walking Dead, which was their only baby (madmen was owned by HBO, and Breaking Bad was owned by Sony). So as long as AMC is involved, expect them to start strong and then enter sustainability mode, firing the director and replacing him/her with something cheap and visionless.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
read the first volume and nearly fell asleep

/pass

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
iZombie is an extremely loose adaptation of the Vertigo comic, but it still turned out to be an excellent show that retains much of the original comic's essence if not its exact details. I'm coming into it with an open mind, at least. There's no way it could be worse than Gotham, at least.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
This is exciting. I like preacher. I also hope that sandman is never made into a tv show.

I don't think we have to worry Neil Gaiman cares about Sandman. He did a TV Mini series on the BBC in the late nineties called Neverwhere its not hard to find, or wasn't a few years ago.

They definitely took a bit of liberty on Walking Dead, which was their only baby (madmen was owned by HBO, and Breaking Bad was owned by Sony). So as long as AMC is involved, expect them to start strong and then enter sustainability mode, firing the director and replacing him/her with something cheap and visionless.

The liberties i believe were all Kirkmans doing as far as story changes he didnt want the Book readers to be un-surprised, that said I watched the first season and never went back it wasn't bad but I like comics and books more than TV, ill marathon it 2 years after its over. Im lil sad to see he cashed in on a "prequel" series thou.