Am I the only one who thinks the DS is a Piece of shit?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
/mewaits for this to hit the bargain bin so I can pick one up.

I never liked portable gaming.. what I see now is a gimmicky handheld on one hand.. and a proprietary formatted rehash machine.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
TonK said:
Ironic that the people who are against the Nintendo "fanboys" ride Sony's dick.

Not my fault they're making the better handheld system out of the two.

And besides I said I'm not interested in buying either one right now. I already have my "next-gen" handheld. *hugs his NGage QD*

Yeah yeah, laugh all you want, but because it's my phone I'm always going to have it with me and thus it gets playtime when I'm stuck somewhere bored. I have an SP but I don't carry it around with me because it's still a pain to carry *another device*.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Stinky-Dinkins said:
It wasn't an oral sex reference but if you want to go there let's fucking go there.
Anything to take away the taste of the DS!
icon11.gif

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
NeoDragoN said:
I kinda agree, alot of N64 ports coming out for the DS. But then again alot of SFC ports came out for the GBA and it still rocked. Only time will tell.
Yeah, but that's because SNES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>N64. I know N64 has it's fans, and there were a few really great games, but SNES had more great games, and a much wider variety.

Average Joe said:
Either way... meh - I like it, but I can't be assed to care if it does well or not, since I don't care about crap like that.

Wonder why so many people seem to though...?

*shrug*
People care because if the system tanks, they stop getting games for it. When PS2 came out and killed Dreamcast, I couldn't help wondering about the games we could have had, if the DC had been able to live out a normal console lifespan.

The thing I don't understand from the DS supporters is comparing the lineup with PSP's. Beyond the fact that it's all about what kind of game you enjoy, we haven't even seen screenshots of some of the DS games being brought up, like Castlevania. People are assuming it will be great, but...who knows, it might not be (it's not like we've never seen a crap Castlevania game: LOI). And I've barely seen anything for the PSP games yet, so what's to compare? Ridge Racer? In half a year, we'll have a better idea, so I'm not buying anything until then.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
TonK said:
Any first day sales figures out yet?

If it's a huge success then we'll hear something soon, Nintendo will have its numbers and will be more than happy to pimp them out.

If it isn't so great then we'll have to wait for the 3rd party analysts to wrap up their end of the research before hearing what their take on the actual numbers were.

Tacitus

Staff member
SouthtownKid said:
(it's not like we've never seen a crap Castlevania game: LOI)..

LOI was the shizzy

Respek.. yo.

/Ali G

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Maybe I am in denial...

I really like the DS, but sorta dislike the touch screen.

And I love the graphics....

I just don't see whats on the PSP that would be considered good?

I hate the mainstream...

Even if Burnout 3 was on the PSP, I wouldn't buy it... too fast for such a small screen.

I mean, what game would you like to play on the PSP?

I think the touch screen is a novelty, but I also think the entire PSP system is a novelty.

Dunno, 2 million presells must think otherwise.

What has the PSP presold?

Its only a few weeks away.

Tacitus

Staff member
TonK said:
OK, now I know you have a bad taste in games :smirk:

You have no idea about my taste in games... ;)

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Stinky-Dinkins said:
When does it get released, out of curiosity?

PS: I haven't been paying attention to this handheld shit.
12 December in Japan. Not sure about US or Europe.

EDIT: 98 Posts. Stakes Winner. LOL

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
TonK said:
Any first day sales figures out yet?

i think the virtual boy and 32x sold out of the initial shipment really fast, so sales really don't mean shit.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Weird thread. People are talking about what they think the DS will do rather than what they think, it seems like. How many people here really played one? The funniest part is that the biggest mainstream gaming publication around, EGM, picked the DS over the PSP. So I'm not sure what to make of what you guys are saying... The games for the DS all make good use of the "gimmick"... And it's extremely cool to have that touch screen for the wireless communication stuff. I don't like handheld gaming since I never play games on the go, so the only thing that'll get me to buy one anymore is a really good game or a really original game of some kind.

Tacitus

Staff member
dmhawkmoon said:
Weird thread. People are talking about what they think the DS will do rather than what they think, it seems like. How many people here really played one? The funniest part is that the biggest mainstream gaming publication around, EGM, picked the DS over the PSP. So I'm not sure what to make of what you guys are saying... The games for the DS all make good use of the "gimmick"... And it's extremely cool to have that touch screen for the wireless communication stuff. I don't like handheld gaming since I never play games on the go, so the only thing that'll get me to buy one anymore is a really good game or a really original game of some kind.

I reserve judgement because I have a strong dislike for handheld gaming outside of CFC.

Meh.... like I said.. I'll pick 'em both up second hand or in the bargain bin just for collection completeness.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I wish they'd give us that earthbound 64 for it that never came out. I also wish they port earthbound 1 and 2 for the GBA, awesome games! I don't even really like RPGs.

abdul

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Have any of the haters seen this thing in action? Mario 64 and Metroid look beautiful and run perfectly.

N64-era gfx are impressive for a handheld, and It has great battery life.

I am NOT getting one though, I am gonna get Psp, my bro owns the ds.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
My brother will most likely be getting one, too, so I hope I'll have my own opinion soon.

And yeah, I hope they bring out a new Earthbound for SOMETHING.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
DashK said:
i think the virtual boy and 32x sold out of the initial shipment really fast, so sales really don't mean shit.

But the initial shipment was less than 150,000 units where the DS presold over a million.

Halo 2 Graphics > Doom 3 Graphics

showdownfan666

Baseball Star Hitter
I played the ds ata local EB and loved it. I will easily be buying one soon. I understand how some people are about this system but I still think it's cool. I pretty sure I read FF3 was coming out for it so I'm sold. The PSP looks good to but I'm concerned about the durability issue since I never have good luck with sony brand anything :oh_no:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
People care because if the system tanks, they stop getting games for it. When PS2 came out and killed Dreamcast, I couldn't help wondering about the games we could have had, if the DC had been able to live out a normal console lifespan.

that comment of mine was more aimed towards fanboys who seem so intent on shutting down specific systems just for the sake of shutting down specific systems

although personally, I really don't care if the DS tanks or not, because by the time it does (if it does), I'm sure it will have a decent library of games that I felt warranted the purchase of the system

I felt the same way about the N64 - most certainly a lackluster system, but there were a few great games out for it, and after it was all said and done, I certainly didn't feel cheated for purchasing the system (most of that was due in part to Goldeneye... ah, the memories)

SouthtownKid said:
Beyond the fact that it's all about what kind of game you enjoy, we haven't even seen screenshots of some of the DS games being brought up, like Castlevania. People are assuming it will be great, but...who knows, it might not be

exactly, which is why it's basically pointless to argue which is better at this point (actually... I find it pointless to argue which system is better at any point, but at least later down the line, you have something to go on, instead of making blind assumptions on games you haven't even seen or played yet)

I guess you can go straight to the graphics as being a selling point... but really, the DS' graphics aren't bad, they're just not as good as the PSP's - but if graphics make a system for you? then hey... congratulations, I guess your purchasing choice will be an easy one

I don't know... I always just found system wars, and the people on message boards whow perpetuate those wars, to be pretty stupid - granted that stuff isn't as rampant here as it is in some other places, but there's most certainly a little of it floating around, and I just don't get why people would even bother to argue about two systems future at this point, so early in their life

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Average Joe said:
I felt the same way about the N64 - most certainly a lackluster system, but there were a few great games out for it, and after it was all said and done, I certainly didn't feel cheated for purchasing the system (most of that was due in part to Goldeneye... ah, the memories)

I feel the exact same way.

I did feel cheated by the PS2 though. I dunno. Just wasn't for me. My taste in games wasn't met by it here stateside, and I'm not interested in modding my system for 2 or 3 games.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93810&highlight=gameboy+advance

makes you wonder just what they may be keeping up their sleeve.

in any case, I'm quite sure the DS cost waaay less to produce than PSP. I think N just want to make a bit more cash and spread their seed before they continue spitting out systems.
the DS ain't based on the N64? I had a had an elegant theory that the DS was made from the bits N found in the back of the fridge, namely ique technology which they probably have surpluss amounts of.