am i jus treally high or what is this going onhere

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
ix5bNnR.jpg

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
price of NGX will go double or triple once the stock is gone.....................;)

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Its always been $199 right?

MSRP is $199 when I pre-ordered mine from Gamestop
After past couple years price drops to $149/$129 or even less depends on where you can find the deal.
For odd reason Toysrus starts selling NGX????? :conf:
where do they get the NGX stocks from?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
They still sell these NGXs new on Amazon. But what's surprising, OP? That it's TRU selling it, that it can still be found new, or that it's $200?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i think TRU selling it new is what is weirding me out

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
what is this things anway its like a handheld with preloaded shit and a fake console? or what? the handheld looks adorable... does it suck?

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
It's a neo geo emulator hand held and a fake aes dock for the handheld which plugs into your tv.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
It's rubbish, if you're after a handheld neo fix get a psp 3000 and play the neo rom's on mvspsp, better and a whole lot cheaper.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
TRU had it at launch, it may still be remaining inventory.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
My guess is the trash.

LOL :D

I bought NGX at launch and it's indeed a trash..............
and I even bought Mega Pack, hopefully it can make it better
Guess not....so I keep Mega Pack box and use it for my spare AES case.......

cat

Last time i checked on this POS you had to buy an SD card with extra games before you could update the firmware, big rip off.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
They sell the same thing on Amazon with the megapack for the same price. I bought it quite some time ago and was saddened at the quality, but it was interesting to play with and my first dedicated exploration of neo games.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It's good for a handheld, get the OMEGA pack and even better, access to just about all the Neo you can handle and then some, it fixes lots of issues and it's great! Way better than a PSP, just the Clicky pad alone beats the shit out of any PSP D-pad, lol. Also once you get the OMEGA you're all set. If you can find just the handheld for cheap, go for it.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Vita with Rejuvenate+RetroArch is great too.
Vita has a nice clicky dpad, and OLED screen.

Works great for vertical shmups too.
Just rotate the vita clockwise and use the right dpad as your movement, and the regular face buttons to the right of that as normal.

Good luck finding a vita with firmware 3.51 or under though, and the hassle of installing Rejuvenate.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
du du dun! Another shit post brought to you by...DSNDouches...lol!

OMG Are you chasing me?! All kidding aside (not kidding!)...In all honesty I do like the Vita microswitch pad, you're still better off with the OMEGA updated NEO GEO X, it gets all the problems fixed, play it on aspect ratio and that screen just comes to life just right. The resolution on the VITA is way to high, the games just don't hold up as nice on the screen.

cat

psp d-pad sucks big time EG, on that i agree, my thumbs are killing after a session on it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol @ WIZ, I mean really WTF?! How can you prefer that? That D-Pad and buttons are awful...maybe for NES games...maybe. Canoo...passable but emu is rather spotty. If you're gonna talk handheld emus then mind as well go JXD and forget about it but the D-Pad doesn't beat the NGX D-Pad, that's the beauty of the device, the Neo games play real good too.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'd feel better just lighting 200.00$ ablaze. For 25 bucks more you could buy an actual Home Console. I think Toys R' Us' is super high.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You can get them for cheap every now and then, I've seen them go for as low as 50 bucks just the handheld. Most of the people shitting on the NGX usually haven't had the opportunity of doing the OMEGA upgrade, it's a game changer, big time.