Alternative power supply for Neo Aes

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Hi guys my official adaptor 5V 3A is dead! What can I use to power on the system? Is everything that says 5V 3A compatible or I will do damage?

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Any PSU that meets those specs and is polarity tip negative should be good.

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Thanks for the answer. What do you mean "polarity tip negative"?
The inside of the barrel is negative while the outer part is positive. Basically you want to make sure the replacement PSU has a marking similar to this:

negative_polarity_tip.jpg

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
The inside of the barrel is negative while the outer part is positive. Basically you want to make sure the replacement PSU has a marking similar to this:

negative_polarity_tip.jpg
If it doesn't meet this requirement then I will damage it or it will have interference on screen?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If it's backwards it will fry. You will learn the smell of electronics failure.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
May I ask how you determined it "died"? Many times components just ware out in these units and can be replaced. All these "wall worts" are, are voltage converters (AC to DC) and then voltage regulators (12v to 5v) The extra volts are then shed as heat. If you would be willing to send me the adapter I would love to look into it and see if I could get it back up and going for you.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
If it's backwards it will fry. You will learn the smell of electronics failure.

That wonderful ozone smell is something I am very familiar with unfortunately.

DeusVult

Another Striker
iam for the uk and I hate having to use a stepdown adapter if I don't need to, I use a uk sega megadrive power supply for my Japanese neo

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
iam for the uk and I hate having to use a stepdown adapter if I don't need to, I use a uk sega megadrive power supply for my Japanese neo

Because you have a 9V system. The op has a 5V system so it will not work as simply as your method.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
May I ask how you determined it "died"? Many times components just ware out in these units and can be replaced. All these "wall worts" are, are voltage converters (AC to DC) and then voltage regulators (12v to 5v) The extra volts are then shed as heat. If you would be willing to send me the adapter I would love to look into it and see if I could get it back up and going for you.
Thank you very much for your offer. I found out that my step down to 100v converter has failed. I bought cheaply a new one.
But here is a problem:
On screen if you look carefully there are lines , vertical lines, I think this happens because my converter turns 220v 50 hz to 100v 50 hz. It should be 100v 60 hz. My jpn N64 shows the same lines but all my pal stuff like mega drive, game cube, wii that use pal PSUs have no lines.
Does anybody know about this?
Should I replace the PSU with a 220v 50hz to 5v one?