Alpha Mission 2 insert W.I.P.

Suragu

Quiz Detective
I just got a new batch of carts and no one had made inserts for some of them so.....

am2_fr_preview01.jpg

Alpha mission 2 is the first in the batch. I used the flyer art because 1) the old insert art is pretty ugly and 2) I couldn't find a nice quality image of the old insert anyway.

I'll try to make the back of the insert this weekend. After that, Savage Reign!

:buttrock: Special thanks to NeoCvrA for reformatting and posting some of my older designs. You rock!!! :buttrock:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I don't know why nobody has commented on this but I think your art choice is definately nicer than the original (I have the AES version).

Check your pm box, i have a few questions for you.

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
My thoughts?

1) Great choice of art
2) The logo should be bigger
3) Drop the "SYD" returns to space and enlarge the image a bit

Like the others, I'm looking forward to this one a lot!

Suragu

Quiz Detective
Now Uploading...

OK, I thought those suggestions were reasonable so I implemented them. I'm currently uploading the two files... one for the front and one for the back.

I don't like the standard system for shock boxes so I do it a bit differently. My inserts are designed to be printed on two 8.5" x 11" pieces of paper instead of 11 x 17. I also do 150 dpi because anything larger just doesn't show on a home inkjet printer. Finally, I save them as barely compressed j-peg images(11) so they are still high quality but have reasonable file sizes. So, both files combined are usually about 1 megabyte instead of a 5-6 meg multi-rar file.

I'm not ripping on the other method- this is just the way I like to do it. That's why I let others like NeoCvrA reformat my files into the other format... so everyone can have what they want.

Anyway, print the two images, trim the white off, and insert them into the shock box with the front cover overlaping the back just a bit.

You can get the files here, along with several of my other inserts...

Shock Box Inserts

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Thanks Dave.
I look forward to NeoCverA uploading this work to CRAZEARCADE (support the owner he has GREAT DEALS and EXCELLENT SERVICE!)
Really nice job!
This week will be the week I Add to the archive and straigten out a few things. I have been very busy with other things but I have alot to give.
I am going to place my KOF 99 image to the side as the back cover needs more editing attention.It's a pretty challenging cover to replicate.
-BB

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
nice work. I told you via PM already but I'll say it publicly : Your Shock Troopers 2 BACk is kickass! I really liked what you did.

I did send you a PM already. Check it out.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
nice work. I told you via PM already but I'll say it publicly : Your Shock Troopers 2 BACk is kickass! I really liked what you did.

I did send you a PM already. Check it out.
Yeah, he really out did himself on BOTH front and back. His front is similar to something I would be inclined to do.. The back cover,he just went wild!!
I would only make one or two minor changes (just mmy preference) but other that, it's fantastic!
-BB

Suragu

Quiz Detective
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words!

NeoCverA: I got your PM- I can get you the art you want, but I won't have time to do it until Wednesday at the earliest.

BB: I just noticed you are in Philly. Hell man, I was just there for the Wizard World comic convention. I ate at Iron Chef Morimotos... best meal of my LIFE! I'll probably go to the con again next year- it would rock if I could shake the hand of the man responsible for shock boxes.

Well, I gotta get to sleep- gonna be a rough week at the office. :crying:

Suragu

Quiz Detective
AGH! I just noticed that the legal text on the bottom of the back insert says "Nazac". I fixed this and did an emergency upload so you can DL the file again if you want. (I just used a black marker to cover it in my already printed version)

Sorry 'bout that. :multi_co: