sprites in kof 2001

are the same used in 2000

only worse

cause they changed the color palette

kind of like what happened in SS4

after 3

it's a shame,i know

they O B V I O U S L Y ripped those sprites from kof 2002

both ryo and kyo ( remember mister kusanagi? )

and went back to the older pre-2001 color palette

very

very

logical

NeoBob

New Challenger
I think the "difference" some people are seeing is just that one is a rom screenshot and the other is a pic taken from a monitor...so the one will be sharp and pixels well-defined and the other will have blurred/blended colors.

Bob

<small>[ May 31, 2003, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: NeoBob ]</small>

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
NeoBob:
I think the "difference" is just that one is a rom screenshot and the other is a pic taken from a monitor...so the one will be sharp and pixels well-defined and the other will have blurred/blended colors.

Bob
of course,you are probably right
but we are very bored
we need to disagree on something
and speculate for a while

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
so many times these stills actually look more impressive than the game when it comes out.
KOF2002 did not look as good in reality as the pre release stills made out.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Grammarbitch.
getting called insane brings out the grammar bitch in me..

besides im an english teacher.

shouldnt it be spellingbitch?

more frames for this game than kof, means in some way a new or updated sprite right??????????

?

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
beelzebubble:
more frames for this game than kof, means in some way a new or updated sprite right??????????

?
yes but
where did you see those new "frames"
i saw the same old shitty ryo 2002 sprite
and no sign of new "frames" of animations?

- 5 more days and we will find out for sure -

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
beelzebubble:
Grammarbitch.
getting called insane brings out the grammar bitch in me..

besides im an english teacher.

shouldnt it be spellingbitch?

?
Spelling is under the mother-umbrella that is grammar. You'd think you'd capitalize your setences.

Anyways, its the same old sprite. The only modifications I meant are those that would necessitate a reaction from a capcom character's move. That is all.

You're blind, bub.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
capitals, im too lazy (im also too lazy to punctuate)

no point in going back and forth with you, i have not seen the game running first hand and even so would find it hard to differentiate anyways, not being an expert.

my thread was new sprites?? a question becoz i still think that there is a chance the sprites are updated. you seem to know beyond a doubt already though, you are lucky your brothers, girlfriends, cousins father works for playmore :D

?

<small>[ May 31, 2003, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: beelzebubble ]</small>

Rikute

n00b
Well, people have taken various screenshots showing that the sprites for Kyo and Ryo are reused old sprites.

Why don't you form some basis for your arguement?

You talk alot but you actually say very little tbh.

<small>[ May 31, 2003, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Rikute ]</small>

HPMAN

UI resident
Blah, all KOF characters (9 characters) will surely reuse the same sprites which is *boring*, especially for the long time we're waiting for this game.

Look at ken & ryo, if you didn't saw both of them on screen, you would have never believed they were coming from the same game. oh_no

As for animation, I'm really sceptical about "amazing animation" reports.
People tend to hype and report shit when awaited titles are unveiled.

I mean if animation if so great, they would have to draw LOADS of new frames for KOF characters. So why bother recycling ? Would be faster & more benefic to draw a brand new sprite from scratch.

Why bother with KOF Terry when you have a better animated MOTW Terry ?

Anyway time will tell, videos aren't showing anything, you would be very clever to draw anything from a 15fps clip. spock

Oegoen

Rugal's Thug
I'm boring.

I dont want more KOF, too much

I want new games for Neo Geo

Please GOD and Playmore send us

Samurai Spirits V buttrock buttrock I cant wait :mad:

grapplerJoe

Overtop Pathfinder
Fran:
Rikute:
THEY ARE

EXACTLY

THE

SAME

:)
yeah

course

sprites in kof 2001

are the same used in 2000

only worse

cause they changed the color palette

kind of like what happened in SS4

after 3

it's a shame,i know

they O B V I O U S L Y ripped those sprites from kof 2002

both ryo and kyo ( remember mister kusanagi? )

and went back to the older pre-2001 color palette

very

very

logical
Considering that mvc2 ALSO had sprite rips but it played well according to most gamers. :D

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
I don't really mind the old sprites. But it is weird that they didn't redo 'em. I guess they are trying to save as much time and money as possible? Atleast they look better so far.

david

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I think the falling animation from being hit in the air needs work. KOF games always have a stiffness when they are falling from a dragon punch like move. If they can add a few more frame of animation it would look alright.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member

i dont really know how much clearer i can be but just for your benefit :)

the sources of information we have are these:

-the company line (this is the best game ever).
-the haters (me and the other guys at shoryuken.com think this game sucks already).
-low quality video from a version that could be one month old or one year old shown at e3.
-high quality pics in arcadia.
-the grapevine which says major effort on the part of playmore trying to make a major comeback.

"i" am an snk fan from way back who LOVES fighting games and WANTS them to make a mojor comeback, i am however relatively objective so you have an idea of the spin i put on any info that comes to my hands.

so the sitch is i saw arcadia the other day and after all the discussion the videos brought up about sprite reuse around the end of e3 i was sure after seeing the pics in arcadia that what i saw in the mag was a "new" kyo sprite.

i then posted a "new sprites??" thread (the ? marks indicating my own lack of surety beacoz i dont work for playmore and am not particularly good at telling whether sprites have been updated anyways due to the nature of my memory/ability to retain stuff).

as you said someone then posted apparent proof that the sprites are the same by comparative pictures at which point i said "you seem to be right they do seem the same" but put forward the theory that more frames will be used becoz this game is a: newer and therefore prolly more technically advanced and b: has less space dedicated on the cart to chars so it would seem more space could be dedicated to animation, backgrounds etc.

at which point i got a nice blanket statement from rade about how "anyone" who believed these sprites were/are not the exact same ones used in kof is "insane", i wasnt particularly offended, indeed not at all but i just cant help myself and have to argue with ppl who make definitive statements about things i know for fucking sure they dont have all the details on (the newness of sprites and the frame rate of the game, etc)...

:) call me peverse...

they may indeed be the same sprites i am happy and very willing to say "I DONT KNOW" but i do know this that if the game has a higher frame rate than kof then the recycled sprites will need to have extra frames added will they not??? if my grasp of frame rates and sprites is wrong then someone please correct me...

oh and rikute sorry for the long winded "details" but you did ask :)

?

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
beelzebubble:

-low quality video from a version that could be one month old or one year old shown at e3.
That's exactly what I believe. That has to be some oooold footage. I would hate to think that they had that much going on in May. They still have too many characters to add. Unless Playmore is just enjoying fucking with us.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Even if the sprites are the same they look loads nicer. They're cleaned up and look quite nice....well I think so at least

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
[/qb][/QUOTE]That's exactly what I believe. That has to be some oooold footage. I would hate to think that they had that much going on in May. They still have too many characters to add. Unless Playmore is just enjoying fucking with us. [/QB][/QUOTE]

playmore = school
they talk alot about what they WILL do, but they procrastinate too much. and you don't see anything until the very end. This is because they haven't put too much together. you know why? because it's just like when you were in school and said yeah I'll do that project later. and then waited until the day before it was due

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
zorro:

playmore = school
they talk alot about what they WILL do, but they procrastinate too much. and you don't see anything until the very end. This is because they haven't put too much together. you know why? because it's just like when you were in school and said yeah I'll do that project later. and then waited until the day before it was due
I'm sorry, but this it just a typical whiny reaction of Teh Otaku. I saw that video and that sure doesn't look like anything put together at the last minute.

<small>[ June 01, 2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: bokmeow ]</small>

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
You seriously think that a company that has after all survived the Japanese game market for decades actually sits on their hands until the last month and then codes everything overnight?

SNK vs Capcom is done, completed, finished. As of right now, some guys are playtesting it to get rid of embarassing last minute bugs before the public beta.

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
SiegfriedFM:
You seriously think that a company that has after all survived the Japanese game market for decades actually sits on their hands until the last month and then codes everything overnight?
No, I think the company that bought them out does.(playmore) they are NOT snk in any respect. They do what they want, not what snk would've wanted.
And not sepecifiacally in one day, but more like a few months. which is still a very small fraction of the time this game was announced as being under development. It was announced quite some time ago wink

<small>[ June 01, 2003, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: zorro ]</small>