Akuma + K Groove = massive fun

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
I just played CvS2 for about 2+ hours, enjoying tHIS AMAZING GAME.

Seriously, all the grooves are massive amounts of fun, and all the characters make it really deep.

No, i'm not playing competitve, so my style isn't like that.

Anyway, my team so far is: Akuma, Hibiki(2), Yun.

Akuma is just crazy fun in this game, his juggling with his light hurrican kick. And his teleport into the corner while they're waking up is a fun mind game :). I just love his rushing ability, seeing as his punch throw throws the enemy WAY across the screen. Once in the corner, you can just poke the hell out of them and doing a bunch oflight hurrican kicks into: another hurrican kick, shoryuken, or his QCFx2 special.

Hibiki is just a fun pokester. I mainly revolve it around her MP.

Yun is pretty fun, seeing he's fast (really weak tho, low ass tier too) and can knock down super easily. He has a few good juggles, his supers are pretty good IMHO, and his command grab is just fun as hell :)

Anyway, K Groove is the best thing since parrying in 3s, seeing ho the P groove sucks ass in this game. My greatest JD moment is:
Jumpining in to attack Geese, and he does a raging storm, and I actually JDed like 2-5 hits of it while in the air :)

badass game.

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
though this forum is for snk capcom chaos, since no one is really talking about it much anymore (in hindsight the game was sorta a let down), might as well talk about an EXCELLENT fighter instead.

Akuma in K groove is just brutal, especially if you get the just defends down.

Hibiki is good in K as well, but her best is A groove.

her custom combos are SO EASY and you can easily take off half a life car when you have her charged up in custom combo mode and end with her super.

Iori and Rock are good K groove players as well. Hell K groove works for pretty much anyone who can just defend good and have good level 3 supers.

I can't get P groove down for the life of me though.

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
Yeah, no air block is okay, seeing as how I'm able to JD almost every attack thrown at me while jumping.

Anyway, I just got back from a friends and we played maybe like 3 hours of this game.

He was using: K Hoamahru (2)/ Terry/ Rock.
Hoamahru is a fugging beast, with his pokes and if a a heavy slash is landed...uh oh.

Anyway, i'm using (as of playing with him):
Akuma(2) / Iori (hmm, yum) / Yun

Anyway, some problems with Rock/Terry. With both there charge moves (QCB + P), it leaves them pretty wide open, if blocked. So just walk forward, and throw :)

Anyway, Akuma is just fugging crazy in corners, can do his demon flip thingy if they start blocking your low kick, into hurrican combo. Or when they're down, do a jump up, fireball, and then go and do the low kick combo.

Yun is great, because he's just so fast. It's great to just suprise the hell out of someone, in the begining of the game, by jumping backwords and then doing his fist jump forwards (QCFx P)

Great fucking game :)

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
K Groove is a sick groove once you get out of the rolling habit. JD is hella nice, and personally I don't even worry about doing supers when I'm in rage mode because you can literally kill a person in a couple combos with that extra damage (I believe it's 35%).

Gouki is pretty sick in A Groove though. He has some crazy CCs that are just out of this world.

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
SonGohan said:
K Groove is a sick groove once you get out of the rolling habit. JD is hella nice, and personally I don't even worry about doing supers when I'm in rage mode because you can literally kill a person in a couple combos with that extra damage (I believe it's 35%).

Gouki is pretty sick in A Groove though. He has some crazy CCs that are just out of this world.

Yeah, but I heard his CC are hella hard to pull off.

And yeah, I don't use supers until the end, because of the damage bonus. I think all rushdown characters can abuse the hell out of this. Espically akuma.

You can just keeping do his B&B combos, and then instead of a lp shoryuken, do his QCFx2 punch super at the end of his lk hurrican kick. Doesn't do the full damage, but its a free super.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
One good thing about Gouki when he's raged (or any character), is that your opponent will immediately in most cases just turtle to fuckin hell. They aren't wanting to eat that mega damage and/or super. This is good considering Gouki has his raging demon that loves turtlers. It's good to get in with a cross up, couple lks and cancel into the raging demon that will most likely than not, just outright do the person in.

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
SonGohan said:
One good thing about Gouki when he's raged (or any character), is that your opponent will immediately in most cases just turtle to fuckin hell. They aren't wanting to eat that mega damage and/or super. This is good considering Gouki has his raging demon that loves turtlers. It's good to get in with a cross up, couple lks and cancel into the raging demon that will most likely than not, just outright do the person in.

also, demo flip grab, which throws them down and allows you do do your B&B.

but yeah, raging demon is massive fun :) all in all, if it wasn't for his shit damage/health, I think you'd see a lot more akuma play.

Edit: Anyone ever seen Ino play akuma in K? that dude is GOD.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I've played some wicked Shin Gouki players on live. If you thought regular Gouki was crazy, try some of the stuff with Shin.

You have any other teams you use, or just Gouki, Hibiki, and Yun?

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
SonGohan said:
I've played some wicked Shin Gouki players on live. If you thought regular Gouki was crazy, try some of the stuff with Shin.

You have any other teams you use, or just Gouki, Hibiki, and Yun?

I just started playing the game today, so my team is sorta changing. Shin is good and stuff, but his health...oh my god. I just could never play with him because any heavy attack would cripple the dude.

But this is a good thread for now, so i'll keep updating it with info and what I think about characters etc.

Good game :) I've had it tucked away for about a year.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Yeah, his health sucks, and you have to be putting constant pressure on folks and play very defensively at the same time. But he is probably the most broken character in the game if you include the bosses. He can literally change your face up twice before you even get a swing off.

Personally, my main team is:

N-Groove:

Terry
Iori
Kim (2)

If you haven't gotten ahold of Iori yet, I suggest putting in some time with him. He's one of the best SNK characters in this game, and made an awesome transition into the game.

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
Terry is one of your main guys? That's cool, i'll get my friend who is intrested in this game (and terry in general) to post here. Maybe you might be able to share some strats/combos with him.

One thing that pisses me off about Iori, is his low priorty with his anti-air. :/

But yeah, i've been tinkering with him abit :)

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Iori's standing headbutt has amazing priority if you utilize it correctly. It seems to snuff out a good number of regular moves with no problems. He has a good poke game as well, such as crossup, c.lp, c.lk, fireball, short run, c.hk (almost always hits an unsuspecting opponent, and even if they do block they still eat guard meter and you are too far away from them to retaliate). His standing mk has retarded priority as well.

Terry is another well-rounded character, but you have to use his moves with caution because almost all of them can be punished (burn knuckle, rising tackle, crack shoot). Terry is great because he's a pretty straight-forward character. Being able to throw a power geyser after a buster wold is nice as well (especially if you're in max mode in N groove where they basically eat a level 3 super followed by a level 1). If all else fails, if you're in the corner you can juggle afterwards with a power dunk for 2 extra hits, but if you aren't you're better off with a burn knuckle. His standing HP hits 2 times and basically anything can be combo'd off of it. His crack shoot can also be used as an anti air or a followup to corner poking (when most people think you're done and try to jump out of the corner, where they get slammed).

A-Groove Terry is pretty formidable too. Too lazy to type stuff up though hehe.

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
I hear you on that, it's late.

Thanks for that info, you made some good points about Terry that i'll be sure to pass along to my friend.

Edit: Best thread in awhile, I hope this will keep on going.

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
Anyway, I lent my friend the game + plus my arcade stick (he has a real crap one)

I'm having withdrawls :(

But, I've been watching a bunch of videos (Japanese ones, mainly)

Anyway, I just have to say, Vega/Bison is a BEAST in A groove. The Ino vs BAS match is really great showcase of A groove powers (used Akuma too, was neat)

I feel Akuma's best grooves are: N/C/K/A (in no order).

I think C is good because he can utalize canceling out of supers, with his sorta odd juggling.

N because, he can easily get level 3 supers, and run is always good for a rushdown character.

And A is great (from what i've seen, of course) with him, because of him having a lot of chances to activate a CC.

dj-b13 tricks of the trade videos (for CvS2, not the MvC2 ones) are really good. So far he just showcases a character (or a grouping, like shoto) and goes through with throw setups, guard crush combos, A groove setups, etc.

And I think Roll Canceling is CRAZY broken, but doesn't fully break the game. Anyway, it looks like it could set up a lot of stuff, CC, supers, etc.

Anyway, the technical stuff of the game is pretty intresting (tripguard, etc).

Also, I was thinking Kyo was pretty much crap in this game, but he seems pretty good (mainly in A groove, with his resets and all)

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Shinji said:
\
I feel Akuma's best grooves are: N/C/K/A (in no order).

Those are the best grooves period. Especdially if you're playing on dc.

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
Talen said:
Those are the best grooves period. Especdially if you're playing on dc.

I'd say they are better, but i'm never going to say one groove is crap.

I've seen some crazy S groove play IRL (arcade), and hell, there was an S groover at EVO.

P groove I feel is not what a lot of people wish it to be. Seeing as parrying has less frames then JD, but then again, K has a groove raised only by JD and being attacked. Parrying is an okay groove for people who don't always rely on supers.

Vega/Kyo/Blanka/Sagat all do pretty well in P.

But I don't think all the characters really do best in ALL the good grooves.

For instance, Chun Li does worse in K groove and A groove (IMHO) then C and N, seeing as her supers are great, plus you can link them pretty easy.

I just think Akuma benefits equally from ALL those grooves.