Age of Empires: Age of Kings (DS)

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Hot damn, this sumbitch is hard as balls to find. I let my fingers do the walkin', EB, GS, Walmart, Best Buy, Circuit City, mom'n'pop stores, nobody around me had it. Broke down and bought it over at amazon. I don't like Advance Wars preset battlefields, the game just isn't my bag. Still looking to trade it.

BIG

sony fanboy
I got my copy of AOE on the cheap ($15 new/sealed)...still haven't cracked it opened,though.

B-

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Its a great game. I played the hell out of it. I also loved advance wars.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
It's out there. I've seen places that still carry it. Not very rare a find in Maryland, at least. A very good game that doesn't disappoint a very good series. It's different than the rest; but as a turn-based derivative, the quality is still there. Just a little smaller. It doesn't bring across quite as many deep features as the Age of games, but a surprising amount of depth for a pocketsized derivative.

Battles of Prince of Persia is better than both AoE and AW. The interface is better than AoE's and there's much more variety and gameplay features over AW: DS.

Although, BoPoP does have preset battlefields which you might not like. However you have the option of maneuvering your units before the stages begin. The enemy units are always predetermined though.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Yup, AoE is exactly what I wanted. Turn-based, great animation, race for resources, beautiful. I was up until the wee hours this morning playing this. Building what armies I like, what advances in technology I want, build what training facilities I'd use, all brilliant. Good times, no, better times than AW here imo.

BIG

sony fanboy
Magician said:
Yup, AoE is exactly what I wanted. Turn-based, great animation, race for resources, beautiful. I was up until the wee hours this morning playing this. Building what armies I like, what advances in technology I want, build what training facilities I'd use, all brilliant. Good times, no, better times than AW here imo.

Yeah,it's easily one of the best 'off the radar' DS game to date.

I still prefer the pick-up-and-play simplicity of AW over this title,however.

B-